It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 09:53

Happening Now:

Alleviate MBA app anxiety! Come to Chat Room #2

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Official Guide 2018 Coming June 12th with New Online Platform

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 27966 [3], given: 5052

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
GMAT Official Guide 2018 Coming June 12th with New Online Platform [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2017, 20:55
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

We just received an update from GMAC about the new Official Guide 2018:

• Release date is June 12, 2017 (we already knew that from Amazon)
  • Online content will be featured in Wiley's Efficient Learning Platform (more on that below). This is great news because the previous version of the OG online companion was embarrassing
  • GMAC has released an official overview of what questions have been added, removed, replaced (below). Nice, we don't have to peck and compare the books - thank you.
  • GMAT Prep software will be updated/upgraded to a fully-online experience (more on that below)

Attachment:
2017_mbadotcom_STORE_OG2015_BUNDLE_430x244.jpg
2017_mbadotcom_STORE_OG2015_BUNDLE_430x244.jpg [ 48 KiB | Viewed 6112 times ]

Details Details Details:

GMAT Official Guide 2018: The new GMAT Official Guide is slated for release on June 12. All of the questions in this year’s edition will be available on Wiley’s Efficient Learning platform, which runs faster and features options unavailable in the online platform for previous editions of the Official Guide (see table below). To access the platform, readers must use the access code found in the print book. We hope users will find this online material helpful in their study.

Questions from the quantitative and verbal sections of the GMAT Official Guide 2018 series will be available online starting in mid-June; the integrated reasoning questions will be available later this summer. During this period when integrated reasoning questions will not be available through the online platform, we will offer IR Prep – the official integrated reasoning study tool – for free to users who register online. To access IR Prep, users should email customercare@mba.com and provide them with the access code found on the inside front cover of their GMAT Official Guide 2018.

You will also notice that the GMAT Official Guide has a brand-new look (see image attached). The GMAT exam will undergo a similar transformation later this summer, so consider the GMAT Official Guide a preview of what’s to come.

Finally, the GMAT Official Guide 2018 is similar to the one from last year in that it will contain 15% new content. In response to a number of queries about changes to the GMAT Official Guide, this year we are providing you with lists that show exactly what has changed in each book; you can find them by clicking here: List of New OG18 Questions
List of New Verbal OG 2018 Questions
List of New Quant OG 2018 Questions

Overview of Online Access for OG 2018

Attachment:
OG 2018 Online software.jpg
OG 2018 Online software.jpg [ 100.68 KiB | Viewed 6083 times ]

GMAT Prep Software Changes

At last year’s test prep summit, GMAC shared news of plans to migrate the GMATPrep software practice tests to a new online platform. They are in the process of making this happen, but we don’t have an exact launch date yet.

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club's Special offer for Student Loans only through Aug 31 - New!
Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Kudos [?]: 27966 [3], given: 5052

Director
Director
P

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: 339 Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2017, 07:25
As for the OG 2018, it looks like they're front-loading some of the new questions (details here).

Profile and Official GMAT score report

Kudos [?]: 215 [0], given: 4

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 839 [0], given: 75

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Official Guide 2018 Coming June 12th with New Online Platform [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 03:35
Top Contributor
This post was
BOOKMARKED
bb wrote:

We just received an update from GMAC about the new Official Guide 2018:

• Release date is June 12, 2017 (we already knew that from Amazon)
  • Online content will be featured in Wiley's Efficient Learning Platform (more on that below). This is great news because the previous version of the OG online companion was embarrassing
  • GMAC has released an official overview of what questions have been added, removed, replaced (below). Nice, we don't have to peck and compare the books - thank you.
  • GMAT Prep software will be updated/upgraded to a fully-online experience (more on that below)

Attachment:
2017_mbadotcom_STORE_OG2015_BUNDLE_430x244.jpg

Details Details Details:

GMAT Official Guide 2018: The new GMAT Official Guide is slated for release on June 12. All of the questions in this year’s edition will be available on Wiley’s Efficient Learning platform, which runs faster and features options unavailable in the online platform for previous editions of the Official Guide (see table below). To access the platform, readers must use the access code found in the print book. We hope users will find this online material helpful in their study.

Questions from the quantitative and verbal sections of the GMAT Official Guide 2018 series will be available online starting in mid-June; the integrated reasoning questions will be available later this summer. During this period when integrated reasoning questions will not be available through the online platform, we will offer IR Prep – the official integrated reasoning study tool – for free to users who register online. To access IR Prep, users should email customercare@mba.com and provide them with the access code found on the inside front cover of their GMAT Official Guide 2018.

You will also notice that the GMAT Official Guide has a brand-new look (see image attached). The GMAT exam will undergo a similar transformation later this summer, so consider the GMAT Official Guide a preview of what’s to come.

Finally, the GMAT Official Guide 2018 is similar to the one from last year in that it will contain 15% new content. In response to a number of queries about changes to the GMAT Official Guide, this year we are providing you with lists that show exactly what has changed in each book; you can find them by clicking here: List of New OG18 Questions
List of New Verbal OG 2018 Questions
List of New Quant OG 2018 Questions

Overview of Online Access for OG 2018

Attachment:
OG 2018 Online software.jpg

GMAT Prep Software Changes

At last year’s test prep summit, GMAC shared news of plans to migrate the GMATPrep software practice tests to a new online platform. They are in the process of making this happen, but we don’t have an exact launch date yet.

Updates with new set of questions are always welcome.
Whereas GMATprep offline software helps in a way. I'm bit reluctant to have online version of it since students should depend on internet connection and server speed for having good test experience.

The only time you can lose is when you give up. Try hard and you will suceed.
Thanks = Kudos. Kudos are appreciated

http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-in-verbal-gmat-forum-134642.html
When you post a question Pls. Provide its source & TAG your questions
Avoid posting from unreliable sources.

My posts
http://gmatclub.com/forum/beauty-of-coordinate-geometry-213760.html#p1649924
http://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all-march-april-gmat-takers-who-want-to-cross-213154.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/possessive-pronouns-200496.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/double-negatives-206717.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-greatest-integer-function-223595.html#p1721773
https://gmatclub.com/forum/improve-reading-habit-233410.html#p1802265

Kudos [?]: 839 [0], given: 75

VP
VP
G

Kudos [?]: 262 [0], given: 154

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMAT Official Guide 2018 Coming June 12th with New Online Platform [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 08:49
bb wrote:

Do you mean the actual exam will underdog a transformation? if yes, what kind of transformation?

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Kudos [?]: 27966 [0], given: 5052

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 09:11
Mo2men wrote:
bb wrote:

Do you mean the actual exam will underdog a transformation? if yes, what kind of transformation?

Good question - I took it to mean it will have a new "LOOK" but perhaps they have meant something greater than that. I did not catch it as a "change to the exam" but I must have not done a good job reading it as a good GMAT student.

Quote:

It is weird they would communicate something like that, isn't it?

Founder of GMAT Club

VP
VP
G

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2017, 13:15
bb wrote:
Mo2men wrote:
bb wrote:

Good question - I took it to mean it will have a new "LOOK" but perhaps they have meant something greater than that. I did not catch it as a "change to the exam" but I must have not done a good job reading it as a good GMAT student.

Quote:

It is weird they would communicate something like that, isn't it?

Totally agree. I expect surprises from GMAC after the sudden 8 times life-time exams. But it is hard to imagine something about new content. I think the next real change if GMAC allows the students to take exam in the order they want. GMAC piloted a trail last year. Maybe, it is time to apply to normal exam.

I hope not to see new shocking things.

Expert Post
Top Contributor
Director
Director
B
Affiliations: GMATQuantum

Kudos [?]: 481 [0], given: 17

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2017, 23:10
Expert's post
Top Contributor
This is great news. It looks like GMAC is progressively getting more and more transparent and I am glad that they officially released the list of changes in the Official guides. This saves time on all of the instructors who go through the guides to figure out all the changes.

I am also curious about this new online GMAT prep platform. The only downside I can see is the requirement of an internet connection. The current GMATPrep software is great because I could be sitting at an airport or a remote place and I can access all of the GMAT content. This change will put and end to this and student's in countries with erratic internet connectivity will be at a disadvantage. I personally think that there is great value in the current offline GMATPrep software. I hope they come up with some kind of a hybrid software that allows students to work offline if and when needed.

Dabral

Kudos [?]: 481 [0], given: 17

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Finance
Schools: Erasmus '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.8

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2017, 02:06
dabral wrote:
This is great news. It looks like GMAC is progressively getting more and more transparent and I am glad that they officially released the list of changes in the Official guides. This saves time on all of the instructors who go through the guides to figure out all the changes.

I am also curious about this new online GMAT prep platform. The only downside I can see is the requirement of an internet connection. The current GMATPrep software is great because I could be sitting at an airport or a remote place and I can access all of the GMAT content. This change will put and end to this and student's in countries with erratic internet connectivity will be at a disadvantage. I personally think that there is great value in the current offline GMATPrep software. I hope they come up with some kind of a hybrid software that allows students to work offline if and when needed.

Dabral

While I cannot deny that GMATprep offline content is much more convenient, I believe that an online content will be more accurate in terms of CAT purpose. I am no GMAT algorithm expert, but I experienced some weird question structure from GMATprep such as having 4 combinatorics quant questions in a test (which I think is almost impossible to get in real GMAT tests) and weird question structures (I got 2 RC in a row for the 1st 6-7 verbal questions before in a GMATprep) which I believe can greatly affect your potential score as once you got an easy RC, even if you get all the answers right, your percentile for RC section will be poor and thus your maximum score for the verbal section.

I agree that due to different circumstances of GMAT takers arouns the globe, it is still necessary to provide an offline content as well, but I cannot help but to think that an online content will more accurately gauge the score of students on the real test.

Sent from my SM-G935F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 1

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)

Kudos [?]: 459 [0], given: 53

GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: 337 Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2017, 18:42
Top Contributor
Wow, big news--thanks for the update! The improvements to the Wiley question bank / "efficient learning platform" are certainly welcome. However, I imagine that lots of students (and tutors like me) will be keeping the GMATPrep software installed on their computers, just in case the "cloud" rollout doesn't go as smoothly as planned.

If you've been putting off purchasing Question Pack 1 or one of the Exam Packs, then this might be the time to do so, just in case GMAC stops offering those additional offline products in an attempt to transition everyone to the new online platform.

Harvard grad and 770 GMAT scorer, offering high-quality private GMAT tutoring, both in-person and via Skype, since 2002.

McElroy Tutoring

Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 12 Jun 2017, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: INSEAD Jan'18

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 15:09
Guys,
if I am starting studying now, should I order 2017 OG or wait and order 2018 OG?
Thanks!
PS here in Europe OG 2018 will be available probably a bit later than in the US.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
P

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 15:34
It makes little difference, esp since the OG 2018 is now shifted to June 19th as the release date. I would not base your study schedule around when the new OG is out and instead around when you need to take the GMAT. OG is just a collection of questions - you can add it later and use it later in your study schedule or you can buy OG 2017 and OG 2018.... and spend an extra $30 out of your total budget of $150,000 for the degree :wink:

Founder of GMAT Club

2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
P

Kudos [?]: 1054 [2], given: 377

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 18:23
This post received
KUDOS
GMAT Wiley Online Question Bank is available now.
Attachments

2018.png
2018.png [ 71.77 KiB | Viewed 3900 times ]

"Be challenged at EVERY MOMENT."

“Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.”

"Each stage of the journey is crucial to attaining new heights of knowledge."

Rules for posting in verbal forum | Please DO NOT post short answer in your post!

Kudos [?]: 1054 [2], given: 377

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2017, 21:14
Top Contributor
hazelnut, how were you able to access the Wiley question bank without an access code from the 2018 OG, which has not yet been released? Were you able to use an unused 2017 access code? Do tell. :) Thanks!

Harvard grad and 770 GMAT scorer, offering high-quality private GMAT tutoring, both in-person and via Skype, since 2002.

McElroy Tutoring

Last edited by mcelroytutoring on 18 Jun 2017, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 459 [1], given: 53

Show Tags

New post 18 Jun 2017, 19:17
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
I couldn't help but notice the last line of the product description on Amazon, written by GMAC:

"Don't waste time on fake GMAT questions. Optimize your study time practicing on real GMAT questions from the GMAT Official Guide 2018 using real questions from actual past exams."

My gospel is spreading! : )

McElroy Tutoring

Kudos [?]: 459 [1], given: 53

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Thread Master
G

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 100

GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V28
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2017, 03:21
This post received
KUDOS
andre85 wrote:
Guys,
if I am starting studying now, should I order 2017 OG or wait and order 2018 OG?
Thanks!
PS here in Europe OG 2018 will be available probably a bit later than in the US.

It depends on when you want to take the exam. If you can wait for the delivery of OG2018 and you are not planning to take the test anytime soon I suggest you wait. The new content will be very useful.

Kindly click on the +1 Kudos if you found my post helpful. Thank you! :)

|
|
|
V

Kudos [?]: 25 [1], given: 100

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2017, 15:32
This post received
KUDOS
Very interesting new features. But is it worth upgrading to the new book and adjusting to the new software program?

I am retaking my GMAT as I didn't score well in my first attempt (my prep was not consistent due to several work and personal commitments coming in the way) but I am determined to devote some serious time to study further, 3 months give or take. Question is about the materials I have currently and whether they would suffice in my preparation.

I have the Official Guide 13th edition and its associated Quant & Verbal supplements from 2012 (given by a friend a year or so ago), the entire Manhattan GMAT strategy set and the Foundations of Quant by Manhattan Prep. I used the 13th edition for practice nearly 4 times in my preparation repeatedly and the Manhtattan series.

Is the above list sufficient or should I invest in the latest Official Guide 2018 books? I believe my pacing and ability to tackle data sufficiency questions is weak and so are Integrated Reasoning & Sentence Correction. I am looking for ways to practice more and improve my score on weaker sections.

Would appreciate a prompt response, thanks!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2017, 15:18
Can I please get a link to all the questions in the official guide for 2018 - Quant & Verbal?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.42
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2017, 18:31
The online platform looks the same as the older OG platforms. How can I access this new interface? Specifically the number of saved sets, which was the reason I bought the book (as I had maxed out my saved sets on OG 16, but wasn't even half way through the book!)

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 13

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 143

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2017, 03:54
Hello Guys,

Sorry to revive this thread.

I have the official guide 2018 that I purchased from amazon. But the code (which I got from inside of the book) doesn't work on gmat.wiley.com

What do i do? any help / guidance will be appreciated

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 143

Re: GMAT Official Guide 2018 Coming June 12th with New Online Platform   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2017, 03:54