Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 2: 670 Q49 V33
GPA: 4
Send PM
Invited to Interview
10 Feb, 2018
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 723 [0]
Given Kudos: 294
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '19 (D)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: ISB 2018 Intake Class of 2019: Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Did anyone receive a interview call for delhi location?
Denied
05 Dec, 2017
10 Feb 2018, 09:12
Private, via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Today was the 1st day of Interview in Bangalore- Anyone willing to share their experience? Did they ask people to write the 100-word essay too?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.32
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
anupamshandilya92 wrote:

Don't think so. All very quiet at the moment. Maybe tomorrow's the big day!
Invited to Interview
11 Feb, 2018
11 Feb 2018, 11:24
Private, GMAT: 750, Q50, V42; GPA: 2.8; WE: 63 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Business Development (Retail)
Send PM
Aman Bhargava wrote:
anupamshandilya92 wrote:

Received the interview invite (for Delhi) 5 minutes back. To be honest, I did not expect the mail at this hour on a Sunday.
Invited to Interview
12 Feb, 2018
11 Feb 2018, 11:41
SonamVashisht GMAT: 750, Q49, V42; GPA: 3.5; WE: 36 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 538 [7]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Interview Debrief:

Slot: Morning; City: Bangalore; Location: ITC Windsor.

I reach the venue 15mins earlier than the scheduled time. I was directed to the waiting hall where everyone who was in the same slot as mine waited. We were asked to go to another room where we were checked for Identification (Passport name/id check). Post that another waiting room where the panellists came and took the candidates to respective rooms/panel. My wait wasn't too long either.

I was taken to a room where there were 3 panellists. Let's call them Panellist P1, P2 and P3. After brief introduction and handshakes, P1 asked me, "how are you feeling today?" I answered "Just fine, but a bit nervous." P1 consoled me by saying "What can we do for you to make you comfortable". I thought to myself "Grant me the admit." :lol: LOL. I said "Its natural to be little nervous at this stage and also there is a reputation of ISB interviews that precedes it. Not that I am impacted by it, but I guess I will be fine as we go along." P3 laughed and said, "I guess you read too much on what's written on the internet and https://gmatclub.com/chat messages." I said, "I don't read too much into it. Every interview is a very personal experience and no two people are same. So post my interview I may have my own story to convey which could be very different from what other people feel." P1 said, "We are here to help you in whichever way possible and help you make the right decision." I said,"Well thank you!"

P3 said "OK! Let's start then."

P3: Do you know about SEC? (I have 9+ yrs of experience)
My answer: No I don't know about it. (P3 looked a touch shocked.)
P3: It's a senior executive club in ISB. If you are admitted to ISB you will be a part of that club. Do you know anything about it?
My Answer: I read somewhere about the fact that once you are 8+ experience and make your way to ISB you tend to be categorized differently. I didn't know there was a specific club.
P3: (nodded while I answered). OK that's alright. So you have 10 yrs of experience why do you want to take a break and get into the space of product management? Why ISB? Why take a break at all?
My Answer: (I came prepared for this, but I didn't expect that they will start with this.) I tried to remain calm and remember that he asked me a 3 part question to start the interview so I have to give him a 3 part answer.
P3: you have a great job and you are comfortably placed I am not sure why this is a right time for you?
My Answer: I answered from a different perspective detailing my career progression, etc.
P1: You could break into the space of product management without an MBA? Did you consider digital certifications? or Online certifications?
My Answer: I had this aspect covered as well.

I had a series of questions on why product management is the right space for me and why I chose it. How my current work aligns with the goals, etc. Next 10mins spent on me explaining to them why I think this was the best space for me.
P3 kept checking his watch in between when I answered these questions. :roll: I think he was trying to throw me off or derail my thought process throughout the interview. :roll: Or Maybe I did bore him with my answers. :grin: Not sure.. :lol: P2 kept smiling while I answered and jumped in the middle of these cross questions. It was clear that he worked in the space of Product Management and he looked almost convinced from my answers. Some more cross questions on career goals, what is my plan B, what is my plan B when I don't make it to ISB, Why can't pursue my plan B now, etc.

I wrote a lot about my CSR activities in Essay 1. On that P3 asked, "You mentioned a line on your essay which almost makes it sound cocky! Why do you think ISB needs to know about it, given that there is limited real estate on your essay."
I clarified "It's not meant to be cocky; I just wanted to convey that I don't look to get anything tangible from my CSR initiatives. " P3 nodded and cracked a silly joke. We all laughed. I think he was trying to test me here!

P2 asked me a question on challenging project/situation in my current organization. I answered. To my answer, P1 said, "We must say, you have come very well prepared for the interview, to all our questions, and that's not a bad thing. :o :o ". I thought "OK that came out of nowhere :o " They all agreed and giggled. I smiled! :o

P3 asked me, "Tell me something about you that's not written on your application and on the documents that are in front of us." I mentioned a story about my 2 yr old daughter and what I learnt from it. They smiled.

P3 asked if I had any questions for them. I asked my question on ISB SEC club (as that was new information for me), visiting faculties, and other student club engagements.

With that my interview wrapped up. :angel: :angel: Now an excruciating wait till March 5. :| :| :roll:

Key Takeaways:

* Be thorough with your goals and career aspirations.
* Be thorough with your application and essays
* Have your plan Bs in place and have proper rationale to back it up.
* Research on ISB clubs if you belong to a certain category (as I did) or have a career inclination.

Feel free to reach out in case you need to discuss anything.
Invited to Interview
11 Feb, 2018
11 Feb 2018, 21:08
Private, GMAT: 730, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.32; WE: 61 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Invited to Interview
11 Feb, 2018
11 Feb 2018, 21:08
Private, GMAT: 730, Q49, V40; GPA: 3.32; WE: 61 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.32
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
CantonasRaisedCollar wrote:
Aman Bhargava wrote:
anupamshandilya92 wrote:

Received the interview invite (for Delhi) 5 minutes back. To be honest, I did not expect the mail at this hour on a Sunday.

Yeah, that was quite a late email. Dropped in 4 minutes before midnight, happy to get it. Now to prepare for the interview :-)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
TheMechanic wrote:
Interview Debrief:

Slot: Morning; City: Bangalore; Location: ITC Windsor....

Thank you for writing about your interview experience in detail. Consider uploading it on Interview Debriefs tab as well... https://gmatclub.com/forum/isb-204/inte ... brief.html
Invited to Interview
11 Feb, 2018
11 Feb 2018, 23:27
s1d1 GMAT: 690, Q48, V37; GPA: 2.95; WE: 42 months; India; via Email [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 181
Send PM
Anyone with interview location in Hyderabad been called yet?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Are they sending rejection mails, along the interview invites as well...??

Havent received the invite for delhi yet ?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
If you haven't received an interview invite for your specific location yet, you will mostly get a reject letter by the final notification date in March.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Are these above interview invites for 16th only or for 17th and 18th as well?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts