It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 17:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2015, 06:28
This post received
KUDOS
I'll be joining the class of 2017 - can't wait
Intern
Intern
Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2015, 18:34

Last edited by MBAStudent2015 on 10 Jul 2015, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 04:47
Realistically , Any chance for international candidate(Indian male working in IT) to apply in R3 and get in ??
Or i should wait & apply in R1 for september 2016 intake ?

Press +1 Kudos if you find this Post helpful :)

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 07:15
icetray wrote:

Is there a Facebook group or anything like that, or do they set it up much later?
Spring 2016 is so far awayyy 8-) :lol:
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 19:37
BMWM3M4M5M6 wrote:
icetray wrote:

Is there a Facebook group or anything like that, or do they set it up much later?
Spring 2016 is so far awayyy 8-) :lol:

There's an invite only group that the recruiting team sends out to all applicants who have accepted :idea:
Official Business School Representative
Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 20:40
MBAStudent2015 wrote:
I'm thinking of applying but have a few questions about recruiting...of course, the vast majority of potential students have jobs on their minds.

How well does the Ivey case method prepare you for consulting interviews?
What was Ivey's placement rate in down years like 2009?
Being from India, I'd like to know how much (not if) the placement rates differ between North American students and internationals. For example, I'm well aware that while Rotman draws a lot of attention from my countrymen, it has suffered in recent times to place international students...thus driving down the overall placement rate considerably.

Hello,

I think the best preparation to excel in consulting is to go through an exclusively case based program. The skills the pedagogy helps develop in the MBA candidate is best exemplified by our graduates success in placements (highest salaries since 15 years, employer satisfaction surveys) and career progression (nearly 1 in 2, or 47%, of our alumni worldwide hold senior management positions, with titled of Director or above).

Ivey MBA's placement rates don't differ between North American students and internationals. Do check out the most recent placement report (link at the bottom).

Sharing some data from the most recent rankings that should help you. Do feel free to submit your resume for an online evaluation to measure fit per program requirements: http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/.

Businessweek (November 2014)http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/international
Bloomberg Businessweek named the Ivey Business School at Western University the top-ranked international full-time MBA program. Ivey topped the list of 27 international schools (located outside the U.S.) based on criteria from three distinct categories. Each school was ranked on a survey of student satisfaction (45 per cent), a survey of employers (45 per cent), and faculty research in esteemed journals (10 per cent).

Here’s how Ivey ranked among 122 top MBA schools in the skills most in demand by recruiters:
Leadership Skills = #1
Strategic thinking = #1
Ability to work collaboratively = #1
Communication Skills = #1
Motivation/drive = #2
Quantitative skills = #2
Analytical thinking = #3
Adaptability = #11
Creative problem solving = #17
Link- http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015- ... ls-report/

Financial Times (January 2014) http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/b393d82c ... z2sHfUj0La
This year Ivey was ranked 89th internationally (of the top 100 global business schools) by the Financial Times. This represents a drop in our position, despite improving our results in a number of areas this year. The FT Ranking is a complex ranking system that ultimately measures schools on 16 different dimensions.
Ivey performs well on several key criteria:

SALARY TODAY: Ivey retained its leadership position for top salary in Canada for 15 consecutive years at $99,072 with a significant $8,768 gap between us and next closest Canadian school.
PLACEMENT SUCCESS: Ivey scored 38th in the world with our nearest Canadian competitor at 81 and all other Canadian schools sitting in the bottom quartile. We are ahead of 9 schools that made the top 25 overall.

Link for the most recent placement report- http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/cmsmedia/359927/ ... report.pdf

cheers,

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 21:14
adityadon wrote:
Realistically , Any chance for international candidate(Indian male working in IT) to apply in R3 and get in ??

Hi Aditya.

The program starts in March and the current recruitment cycles are for the March 2016 intake.

The deadline for international candidates is November 2015 and the upcoming deadlines are:

Round 2: August 10, 2015
Round 3: October 13, 2015

I would suggest applying when you think you can put in the strongest application. Ivey's admission committee looks at the entire application- the depth of your experience and career progression, GMAT and undergrad scores, essays, recommendations. Timing of application is not key so long as you are making the deadlines for internationals.

You may also want to submit your resume for online resume assessment on Ivey's website: www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/

Good luck!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2015, 04:02
IveyAdmissions wrote:
adityadon wrote:

Hi Aditya.

The program starts in March and the current recruitment cycles are for the March 2016 intake.

The deadline for international candidates is November 2015 and the upcoming deadlines are:

I would suggest applying when you think you can put in the strongest application. Ivey's admission committee looks at the entire application- the depth of your experience and career progression, GMAT and undergrad scores, essays, recommendations. Timing of application is not key so long as you are making the deadlines for internationals.

You may also want to submit your resume for online resume assessment on Ivey's website: http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/

Good luck!

Hello,

I recently attended a webinar and I was thoroughly impressed by the presentation, and overall what Ivey have to offer. Also, I have gone thru the initial resume assessment, and the Admissions director suggested that I apply.
Now,I am a Chemical engineer, working in the IT industry in India for a large MNC. I had a few questions in mind. Some of them were answered during the webinar, which I might repeat here, just in case I can get more details, and some cropped up, after i attended it.
I'd really appreciate if you could answer them
1) Ivey has a program both for the March(Spring) and Fall intake. All the stats that are provided on your website-employment reports, student stats etc, are they for the Spring or the Fall intake, or do those stats apply to both?
2) Since I am interested in making a transition to Management or Strategy Consulting, I would have to learn subjects like Accounting, Economics etc. I was wondering for someone who is new to such subjects, would it be difficult to study these subjects in detail since its a 1-year program.
3)Since, I will be moving to a new job function, I would like to know if Ivey provides internship opportunities to its students, before they graduate. I did not come across such an opportunity on your website. Would be great if you can direct me to the right resources, if I might have missed it.

Thanks!
DebWenger

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2015, 18:34
DebWenger wrote:
IveyAdmissions wrote:
adityadon wrote:

Hi Aditya.

You may also want to submit your resume for online resume assessment on Ivey's website: http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/mba/resume-assessment/

Good luck!

Hello,

I recently attended a webinar and I was thoroughly impressed by the presentation, and overall what Ivey have to offer. Also, I have gone thru the initial resume assessment, and the Admissions director suggested that I apply.
Now,I am a Chemical engineer, working in the IT industry in India for a large MNC. I had a few questions in mind. Some of them were answered during the webinar, which I might repeat here, just in case I can get more details, and some cropped up, after i attended it.
I'd really appreciate if you could answer them
1) Ivey has a program both for the March(Spring) and Fall intake. All the stats that are provided on your website-employment reports, student stats etc, are they for the Spring or the Fall intake, or do those stats apply to both?
2) Since I am interested in making a transition to Management or Strategy Consulting, I would have to learn subjects like Accounting, Economics etc. I was wondering for someone who is new to such subjects, would it be difficult to study these subjects in detail since its a 1-year program.
3)Since, I will be moving to a new job function, I would like to know if Ivey provides internship opportunities to its students, before they graduate. I did not come across such an opportunity on your website. Would be great if you can direct me to the right resources, if I might have missed it.

Thanks!
DebWenger

Hello DebWenget,

Thanks for reaching out and good to know you attended the Ivey MBA webinar last week.

I'll answer your questions briefly here- but i suggest we connect over a call so i better understand and can thus answer more comprehensively.

Ivey used to have 2 intakes but since the past 6 years or so we have a single Spring intake. The employment reports and related data for the period post 2009 would thus correspond.
Ivey offers a pre knowledge program before the MBA which runs for about 7-10 days and is a pre-MBA primer. I would suggest signing up for these. The Ivey MBA is a very rigorous program, when we went from 2 years to 1 year (about 10 years back) we retained 96% of the course content. As you may have noticed in the placement reports- about 30% of the class takes up management consulting roles.
3) Since, I will be moving to a new job function, I would like to know if Ivey provides internship opportunities to its students, before they graduate. I did not come across such an opportunity on your website. Would be great if you can direct me to the right resources, if I might have missed it.
On the shift to the 1 year program, we removed the internship module completely- however the placement rates haven't been impacted, recruiters continue to recruit at Ivey- do look at the bloomberg businessweek skills gap report and rankings- thats a ranking in which the respondents are hiring managements. We also offer a real world consulting project which is a part of the curriculum.

I hope this helped answered some of your questions. Do feel free to reach me at India@ivey.ca if you would like to set up a call to discuss these further.

cheers and best luck!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2015, 20:46
Thank you for your prompt response. I will PM you my contact details, and will send a mail with some of my questions at the mail id you provided above.

Thanks again!! :)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2015, 00:25
I have a question on the time the Admissions team gives for candidates to make a decision on the MBA(once the candidate is invited to join). I am currently applying to Ivey and other schools and keeping in mind that the Ivey R2 deadline is round the corner, I would like to time my application in a way that would give me an opportunity to evaluate the offers from other programs as well.

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2015, 19:49
greyhound91 wrote:
I have a question on the time the Admissions team gives for candidates to make a decision on the MBA(once the candidate is invited to join). I am currently applying to Ivey and other schools and keeping in mind that the Ivey R2 deadline is round the corner, I would like to time my application in a way that would give me an opportunity to evaluate the offers from other programs as well.

Good to know you are applying to Ivey in R2.

Once your application has been reviewed, interview decision taken and your interview conducted (should you be invited to interview). It takes the Admissions team an approximate one to two weeks to get back to you with an admission decision. From that point you have about one month to confirm your offer acceptance and pay the deposit.

Hope this helps with your timelines planning.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2015, 08:58
IveyAdmissions wrote:
greyhound91 wrote:

Good to know you are applying to Ivey in R2.

Once your application has been reviewed, interview decision taken and your interview conducted (should you be invited to interview). It takes the Admissions team an approximate one to two weeks to get back to you with an admission decision. From that point you have about one month to confirm your offer acceptance and pay the deposit.

Hope this helps with your timelines planning.

Thanks this does help in planing my applications.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2015, 08:20
Hi there,

I need a little clarification here. I have already taken attempted GMAT and got a score(680). But I wanted to improve and have registered for second attempt on 31st August. Now the deadline for R2 being 4 days away, What would you guys suggest, should I wait for R3 ( I am aiming for 750+) or should I apply now for R2.

Nothing lasts forever. Forever's a lie. All we have is between Hello and Good Bye.

1 KUDOS received

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2015, 20:07
This post received
KUDOS
lucidaki wrote:
Hi there,

I need a little clarification here. I have already taken attempted GMAT and got a score(680). But I wanted to improve and have registered for second attempt on 31st August. Now the deadline for R2 being 4 days away, What would you guys suggest, should I wait for R3 ( I am aiming for 750+) or should I apply now for R2.

Lets chat over a call so i can understand your profile a little better and can suggest accordingly. Drop me an email on psharma@ivey.ca to fix up a time.

Good luck with writing the GMAT end of the month.

cheers,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 05-31-2015

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2015, 04:57
Hi,

I am an international student, just wondering about the English proficiency test, as per Ivey website it is mentioned that work experience gain in an English speaking enviroment, the test is not needed.

Can you confirm me that working around 5 years in Middle East (Oman, UAE etc) serving client across: Middle East, Europe, and US would count towards English speaking environment.

In case I have to sit for this, is it possible that I can submit my application along with GMAT and all other stuff with this test.

I am planning to apply before R3 deadline, my Gmat is schedule on 20 Sept, just before my leaves, I am just worried I would miss this dead line.
Intern
Intern
Ivey Impact Day – ReForest London, by Fahad Tariq [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2015, 09:01
FROM Ivey MBA Admissions Blog: Ivey Impact Day – ReForest London, by Fahad Tariq
Written by: Fahad Tariq, Ivey MBA 2016

The Ivey mission statement is “to develop business leaders who … contribute to the societies in which they operate.” This last phrase is arguably the most important. As future business leaders, we have an obligation to give back to the communities that helped shape our success. The first step is to develop a mindset of serving others in whatever way we can, throughout our careers.

This week, my classmates and I participated in Ivey Impact Day — a day dedicated to giving back to the London community through a series of activities such as tree care, organ donor sign-up, and consulting projects for various non-profits. Student teams spread across London spent the entire day volunteering for fantastic organizations such as ReForest London, beadonor.ca, SoJo, Verge Capital, and Klink Coffee. We learned to apply our business knowledge to the non-profit sector but, more importantly, we started internalizing our duty to give back.

My team volunteered for ReForest London and we helped with “tree aftercare,” which entails removing weeds and invasive species, adding mulch, and covering the tree trunks with plastic guards. It was a great learning experience (my landscaping abilities have definitely improved!) and a fun opportunity to bond with our peers outside of the classroom.

A special thank you to the Ivey Social Impact Club, specifically Andrea Huitron, Owen Chung, and Anthony Sage who organized the event and made it a success!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2015, 15:26
This post received
KUDOS
Fellow GMATClubbers,

I received admit for the class of 2017 and will be attending starting March 2016. PM if you'd like to chat about anything.

Cheers.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT Date: 05-31-2015

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2015, 00:07
sherwinli wrote:
Fellow GMATClubbers,

I received admit for the class of 2017 and will be attending starting March 2016. PM if you'd like to chat about anything.

Cheers.

Hey can you share your profile.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2015, 01:44
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Everyone...

Finally received call from Ivey Admissions team and I am accepted...Looking back at last 7-8 months almost which I dedicated for first GMAT...then college selection...application...interview preparation...its a big relief...this forum was of great help in preparation for interview especially...Thnx everyone for their contribution.
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Aug 2015, 01:44

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5    Next  [ 87 posts ] 

Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap