Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:37 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [6]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [3]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [5]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [3]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Reviews needed for Admissions Consultants in India [#permalink]
Kudos
theincredible wrote:
aravinth545 wrote:
I am applying for the 2016 season to B-schools in the USA and Canada.
I would like to know if any of you have used the services of the following admissions consultants.

1. MBA Crystal Ball
2. Admissions Gateway
3. MBAdream.in
4. August Academy

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Aravinth,

Also add General Education to the list. I have heard they are pretty good too.
https://www.genedmba.com
I have talked to them and met them personally. Their website seems replete with some good recommendations.
I am considering registering for their services. But I have heard a lot about MBA Crystal Ball and they have an excellent track record too

Regards,
Sayan

I just spoke to Shoaib from genedmba. Haven't yet decided, but seems like I will be picking them, as the fee of August Academy and Crystall Ball seem to be high.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [3]
Given Kudos: 64
GPA: 3.14
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Reviews needed for Admissions Consultants in India [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
I have used all the services of MBA Crystal Ball - MAP, essay review and mock interviews. They have an excellent small team of consultants - one of them even holds IIT/ISB/McKinsey credentials and you can't ask for better than that. Very intellectually honest and do not sugarcoat facts. Also force you to think on your own so that you come up with a personalised plan of action as opposed to receiving a cookie cutter input from someone else. So far, I have admits from 2 out of 3 schools that I have applied to based on their help, and received a sizeable scholarship from 1 of those 2. If they agree to take you on, their help will definitely add great value to your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
You might want to also check out this course on Udemy called Ace the MBA Application that has very detailed advice that can be a handy tool as you go through the process! Just $30 to have some awesome videos and examples handy, some of my friends found it really useful during their prep.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Review Needed: Admission Consultants - India [#permalink]
Am evaluating couple of Admission Consultants from India, and it will be great help if someone who has worked with them earlier/currently working with them can share their experience.

Consultants I am evaluating -

1. Admissions Gateway
2. MBA4India
3. Reachivy
4. The Red pen.

Any help in deciding the consultant will also be appreciated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 354 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Review Needed: Admission Consultants - India [#permalink]
CrackuM7 wrote:
Am evaluating couple of Admission Consultants from India, and it will be great help if someone who has worked with them earlier/currently working with them can share their experience.

1. Admissions Gateway
2. MBA4India
3. Reachivy
4. The Red pen.

Go for strategy4gmat : https://strategy4gmat.com/isb-admissions. Check for my Interview Debrief in signature and how these guys helped me to secure the admit.
Ping me if you need more info !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Before paying through your nose for these consultants i would recommend you give A friend abroad a try .
They are basically a consultancy that provides advice from students who are in the college you are applying to .Since they are themselves students they can provide current up to date information .And they provide all services for minimal charge and as they are a non-profit they have no margins and can provide services at a minimal rate.
Currently their service is free as they are entering the market .I recommend that you give them a try
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Reviews needed for Admissions Consultants in India [#permalink]
Bookmarks
I have been on these forums for 6 years. I was working as an Assistant Manager at a top Analytics firm in India and my goal was to get into consulting after completing my MBA from a top US school.

After talking to friends and students I decided to work with Admissions Gateway. Admissions Gateway helped outline an exhaustive plan leading up to the deadlines spanning 6-7 months so that one could map everything out. I then worked with Rajdeep Chimni on building the resume. What stood out for me was that the resume was customized as per ones goals and thus a consulting resume was different from say product management. My resume took close to 22 iterations but I was happy with the final result as I learnt how to portray my experiences.

We then worked on outlining the goals. Usually you have an overall goal but we went into the specifics like which industry, how to align this with my profile, what skills I need etc. The most important part was the essays and interviews and this is Admissions Gateway’s biggest strength. I had multiple iterations on the essays for all the schools. Even my optional essays were tailored to the school I was applying to. Finally, I would like to highlight the interview preparation. Admissions Gateway helps you in how to address the questions and how to handle the interviewer.

I would also like to add that Admissions Gateway has high moral standards and they will not write your essays. Each essay is your product and they work with you to help you make it better. This helped me be true to myself and maintain my unique voice.

Thanks to Rajdeep and the team that I am attending Cornell, Johnson currently. I would definitely recommend Admissions Gateway for applying to the top programs.

Originally posted by newfish on 24 Feb 2017, 08:19.
Last edited by newfish on 28 Jun 2017, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
CrackuM7 wrote:

1. Admissions Gateway
2. MBA4India
3. Reachivy
4. The Red pen.

Hey bud,

I worked with Admissions Gateway and I would highly recommend them.

They were solidly instrumental in me getting a Kellogg berth.

I've posted my entire experience on MBA journey Forum. Link : https://gmatclub.com/forum/indian-autom ... l#p1853342

Hope it helps u
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
theincredible wrote:
aravinth545 wrote:
I am applying for the 2016 season to B-schools in the USA and Canada.
I would like to know if any of you have used the services of the following admissions consultants.

1. MBA Crystal Ball
2. Admissions Gateway
3. MBAdream.in
4. August Academy

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Aravinth,

Also add General Education to the list. I have heard they are pretty good too.
https://www.genedmba.com
I have talked to them and met them personally. Their website seems replete with some good recommendations.
I am considering registering for their services. But I have heard a lot about MBA Crystal Ball and they have an excellent track record too

Regards,
Sayan

Did you take consulting services from them?
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
My Admissions Consultant Review [#permalink]
Kudos
Review for MBA Decoder.

I signed up for MBA Decoder's full board of services to apply to the Tuck School of Business . After a long and enduring journey, Namita and her team helped me secure the coveted admit from my dream school.

The MBA application process can be very comprehensive and challenging. I think Application consultancies are a great support system for this - they help us package our thoughts, journeys and personalities. But there are just so many of them out there that its really confusing and difficult to pick the right one. Many of them are exorbitantly expensive and make huge promises, taking advantage of the aspirants' vulnerability in testing times. But I found MBADecoder to be realistic, honest, committed and fantastic value for money.

I believe Namita and her team have the right mix of collaborative and direct guidance. At the start, Namita was patient and took time to learn about my background and my aspirations. She addressed some of the tough questions on why EXACTLY I need an MBA very early on and probed me to introspect. But where necessary, she also offered some straightforward and head-on career guidance. Throughout the process, she wore many hats - a friend, a professional, a counsellor and also a taskmaster.

For the application itself, I am extremely satisfied with MBADecoder's support. Namita regularly seeks feedback from industry professionals on the content, ensuring that the application stays relevant and practical while not compromising on elements of passion. Unlike many other consultancies, MBADecoder does not limit the number of iterations on an essay and offers support on the auxiliary essays too! Namita works nights, weekends and stays with you till the time you hit the submit button and even after.

For the interview too MBADecoder's services exceeded my expectations. Namita set up mock interviews in no time and helped me progressively prepare for the final test. The perfectionist that she is, I had to send Namita voice clips for a hotlist of questions that she created. I had a sore throat on some mornings but can't emphasise how much this helped!

MBADecoder has a very balanced team. Namita brings a lot of knowledge and experience, the external reviewers bring a fresh perspective and the editing team ensures that our essays stay concise.

Finally, I just want to re-emphasise on Namita and her team's commitment. I believe this is crucial in a time when we aspirants can become desperate and vulnerable. And MBADecoder I think is one of the few consultancies that possesses this. I would highly recommend using MBADecoder!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.29
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Admissions Consultants reviews for Indian candidates [#permalink]
Hello

Inviting the Indian applicants who have already taken assistance for global MBA programs. It will be of great help if you can share the reviews of the admissions consultant you hired. You may share the name and location of the consultant if you want to. Please share the fee structure for the consultation. I don't know many who have pursued international MBA. So, need help from you to find a good and affordable consultant. I want to submit my strong MBA applications, having both of my kidneys intact

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.29
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
Please provide reviews of more consultants affordable for Indians.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 500 Q41 V19
GPA: 2.9
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
Can you please share their contact information?

Thanks.

newfish wrote:
I have been on these forums for 6 years. I was working as an Assistant Manager at a top Analytics firm in India and my goal was to get into consulting after completing my MBA from a top US school.

After talking to friends and students I decided to work with Admissions Gateway. Admissions Gateway helped outline an exhaustive plan leading up to the deadlines spanning 6-7 months so that one could map everything out. I then worked with Rajdeep Chimni on building the resume. What stood out for me was that the resume was customized as per ones goals and thus a consulting resume was different from say product management. My resume took close to 22 iterations but I was happy with the final result as I learnt how to portray my experiences.

We then worked on outlining the goals. Usually you have an overall goal but we went into the specifics like which industry, how to align this with my profile, what skills I need etc. The most important part was the essays and interviews and this is Admissions Gateway’s biggest strength. I had multiple iterations on the essays for all the schools. Even my optional essays were tailored to the school I was applying to. Finally, I would like to highlight the interview preparation. Admissions Gateway helps you in how to address the questions and how to handle the interviewer.

I would also like to add that Admissions Gateway has high moral standards and they will not write your essays. Each essay is your product and they work with you to help you make it better. This helped me be true to myself and maintain my unique voice.

Thanks to Rajdeep and the team that I am attending Cornell, Johnson currently. I would definitely recommend Admissions Gateway for applying to the top programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM