Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 05:45 It is currently 11 May 2024, 05:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13464 [1]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 879 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: online course needed [#permalink]
Kudos
Alicestarlet wrote:
[b]hey guys, I am beginner for GMAT test preparing, would you pls recommend me the best practical online course or sets of GMAT test for the beginner like me.[b]

hi,

for building concepts this link would be helpful: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mgmat-study-hall-thursdays-with-ron-verbal-videos-209197.html
https://gmatclub.com/forum/want-to-know-the-best-resources-for-rc-and-cr-248035.html#p1918063
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11679 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Alicestarlet,

Since it sounds like you're just beginning your studies, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can take 2 for free at www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can familiarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 3.5 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) What is your goal score?
2) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
3) When are you planning to apply to Business School?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22189 [0]
Given Kudos: 285
Send PM
online course needed [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Alicestarlet,

Regarding prep courses, in addition to seeking advice in this thread, take a look at the GMAT Club reviews for the best quant and verbal courses, and also read through some GMAT success stories to see what materials have worked well for other test-takers.

Also, would you like some general advice on how to improve your verbal and quant skills?

You also may find it helpful to read this article about how to score a 700+ on the GMAT.
GMATWhiz Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 1804 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Alicestarlet,

Let me share a few tips on how to choose an online course and what all you need to look in for. As you are a beginner, it is advised to look for an application driven course which not only provides you the content but also an organized study plan and a personalized approach towards it. By organized , I mean a course which organizes the contents and starts with basics, then intermediate and finally moves to the advanced topics. Because as beginner, you need to have a strong understanding of the basics before moving on to the advanced concepts.

The preparation has to be in such a way that
    • You learn the concepts by starting with a single topic
    • Then learn the methodology to solve all questions from this topi. By methodology, I mean the strategy used to solve the questions. The strategy used plays a very significant role specially in the hard questions
    • Then take quizzes and analyze them to identify your weaker areas
    • Go through the weaker areas, identify the core problem, get better and then move to the next topic

I would recommend you to choose an online course which lets you do this all at one single platform without having to put any additional effort into it. GMATWhiz is one such unique course which has an organized study plan and serves a dynamic course that adapts in real-time on basis of your performance. It has an organized way of putting things together. For every topic you have :

• Concept videos
    • Concept booster – A concept booster is an unique application focused exercise which covers every type of question you are likely to encounter on the actual test.
    • Practice quiz

Each question has a very detailed explanation under it to help you understand the best method to solve it. And based on your performance in concept booster and practice quiz, the AI gives you a personalized feedback of your strengths and weaknesses. This is how GMATWhiz helps you to identify the weaker areas and then lets you get better at them.

There is a free trial available for most of the courses and also for GMATWhiz. I would recommend you to check out the free trial of GMATWhiz to experience structured learning and decide for yourself. If you want to discuss any details about the study plan or want to know more about the courses, feel free to connect over a call.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE:Operations (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi, there would be companies boasting their products(which however are good) it would be prudent to yourself do some basic research in cost and your exact requirement. Once the aforesaid are clear then it would make better sense to ask for the recommended products
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thank you guys who share your opinion on my post.
CrackVerbal Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 312 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello there,

We understand that studying for the GMAT by yourself is never easy!

Preparing for the GMAT is time-consuming, and you would be spending close to $200 taking the GMAT exam. You don't want to spend your time and money answering the GMAT multiple times.

Understanding the right strategies and developing a test-takers mindset are key factors that determine your success on the GMAT.

To help you prepare better for the GMAT, CrackVerbal has launched a GMAT Live@Home Mastery program where you would learn the strategies to crack the GMAT, from the leading GMAT instructors in the country!

As a part of this program, you will get:

• A personal GMAT facilitator who will work closely with you to develop an Optimized GMAT Study Plan based on your study timings and work schedule.
  • Attend 80 hours of live GMAT group coaching sessions on the weekends conducted by India's leading GMAT experts to learn all the concepts and strategies required to crack the GMAT in your first attempt.
  • Participate in Live sessions during the weekdays where we discuss and solve the official GMAT questions.
  • Access to 5 full-length mock tests and 1,200 questions (50+ topical tests)
  • Assistance with shortlisting your B-schools and strategies to improve your profile.

The CrackVerbal GMAT live prep has the following advantages over a traditional Online course:

• With GMAT live prep it's easier to stay focussed on your GMAT preparation because you'll be part of an actual class.
  • You can get your doubts clarified from an instructor instantly which is impossible with online course videos.

Are you ready to give it a try for free?

Click here to schedule your free session and experience the most effective way to prepare for the GMAT without stepping out of the comfort of your home!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1685 [1]
Given Kudos: 348
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

Though my reply is a little late, I hope it helps you

Based on my personal experience, I have found the Experts' Global Gmat prep course quite good.

There are many good GMAT prep companies out there but the main issue with the majority of them is that most of them are good at one or few sections and not so good at the others so what you should look for is the most balanced GMAT prep series and Experts' Global tread really well in that aspect.

Considering you are only looking for online Gmat preparation, I would compare a few options for you

Comparing the most popular prep courses:
Prices
e-GMAT Is prices at 300$
Expert Global is priced at 150$
Veritas costs you around 699$
Manhatten prep 1399$

Content
e-GMAT has an interactive audiovisual while Expert Global course has videos and SC PDFs
Manhatten quant is quite harder than as expected for the Gmat but its verbal explanations ( by Ron Purewal) are the gold standard
veritas is good on SC and CR front but quant and RC are on the harder side

Focus
Manhatten prep is a "Concept learning-focused" course while Expert Global is the "Practice Focused" course.

Mocks Test
Expert Global has an advantage over all other Test prep companies for its Mock Exams both price and quality-wise.

Side note: I have done my GMAT preparation from Experts Global and am extremely content with my decision. The course is intensive and comprehensive
The video exercises don't go for the pointless excess, they are exceptionally GMAT centered.

Also, The interface of the mock tests is like that of the official exam. This likewise helps you to become familiar with the UI elements of the official exam and these subtle things truly encourages you to score an additional point and each point matters a great deal

I suggest you go for Experts' Global
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 90 [0]
Given Kudos: 83
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
Send PM
OG is by far the beat source to start your journey post concept understanding

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot