GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Sep 2019, 09:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Tepper Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge
Tepper Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 20:53
Top Contributor
I saw some of the profile evaluation posts about class X and XII. I don't think US B school cares about class X and XII score.

Under grad score and GMAT matter.

Please let me know whether I can help. I am 2017 Tepper Grad and I can speak through my experience.

All the best
B
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2019, 01:12
Hi All

I'm a 24 year old female, based out of Pune, working in a digital marketing agency. I'm applying to B schools for the August 2020 intake. I Lived in Shanghai, China for 5 years, finished my high school from there (11th and 12th in the IB International Baccalaureate Board). Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT: 690 (going to retake in Sept)
Undergrad: B.Tech in Biotechnology from Delhi College of Engineering - scored 71%.

Work ex: 2 years (3 years by the time I start the program) in a digital marketing agency (Merkle Sokrati)
- Complete knowledge of social media marketing - Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok
- Developed data analysis skills to successfully map and interpret multiple data sources, such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Appsflyer, Mixpanel, to make informed decisions about digital strategy.
- End to end account management from execution to strategy and management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Auditing new or existing accounts to determine account health and suggesting ways to improve it.
- Actively participating in the recruitment process through interviews, campus drives, trainings and seminars.
- Creating and presenting performance decks for quarterly/monthly business reviews based on trends both specific to the client and the industry.

- 2 fast-tracked promotions in this 2 year span
- Received several client appreciations for driving excellent performance performance and over-achieving the monthly/quarterly targets.
- Current position: Business Strategy Manager
- Leading a team of 10 people with annual spends of $4million for clients across different verticals - Ecommerce, BFSI, OTT, Telecomm
- Mentoring the team members and working on their personal development plans and growth paths.
- Collaborating regularly with agency partners from Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok to understand new channel offerings, seek help to solve client and performance issues, and brainstorm ideas to expand client business.
- Working on projects for Industry Research and Market Understanding for clients in new verticals, such as Gaming and OTT for Kids.
- Extensive collaboration with a team of 30 individuals working on the organizations quarterly Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).

Extra-curricular activities, awards, certifications
- Facebook Buying Professional Certification
- A grade in Rio+22 Power India Certification Program - the IARC center for United Nations Certification Program on sustainable energy.
- Organised multiple events in College
- Part of the organising committee of the tech fest in college - INNOVA. Held the position of Head - HR and Online Events.
- Part of the organising committee of Deltech Model United Nations for 3 years continuously. Held the position of Under Secretary General - Delegate Relations. Led a team of 20+ students and brought in a total of 350+ delegates from all around India
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2019, 12:25
Looking for a profil evaluation for Tepper 2020 intake.

Indian, female, 25 years

GMAT: 670 (Q47, V34)

Work experience: 4 years

Undergrad: 3-year degree; B.Sc(H) Stats - GPA: 4.0/4.0 (from University of Delhi)

Extra curriculars: have been active in co-curriculars with some achievements at school level as the head of co-curricular club. Followed by avtive involvement in event planning and management for the department level annual festivals and other events at undergrad university
A vociferous proponent of women empowerment and have participated in or organised quite a few events aimed at women development (at university level/ work organization)

Job role: joined towers watson as research assistant in sep 2015. Promoted to research analyst in Mar 2017 and handled responsibilies as deputy manager for market research since Jul 2017.
Led a global research team of 25+ members on a project, liaising directly with th Global stratgey director.
Involved in operational transition during the TW Willis merger of research teams

Joined Evalueserve in Julu 2018 and working directly with business leaders at client company, a leading management consulting firm.
Selected amongst a team of 15 to support the client on annual publication on ome of the industries.
Won an award (you make a difference) within 4 months of joining the organization.

Post MBA: strategic consulting/ corporate strategy

Appreciate any help with the evaluation.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2019, 15:33
Dear Soumya,

Please find my analysis of your profile based on my experience of providing admission consulting assistance to applicants who made it to Tepper in the last few years.
GMAT : Lower than Average
Work Experience : Good – both in terms of volume as well as associated brands
Undergrad : Extremely good
Extra curricular : Average

While a good GPA and impactful work stints are definite plusses in your profile, you will need to compensate below par GMAT score with a very well-crafted application that brings out differentiation at both personal as well professional level. Consulting as a goal is definitely a logical career path for you. However, you need to be more specific by stating what excites you about consulting, what sort of consulting assignments and with what kind of firms are you looking to get involved with. It can not be left open ended and upto interpretation.

CMU as an University focusses a lot on latest tech. So, I will request you to consider how you can give flavor of tech to both your past and present, as well as roles you might take up in future.
Feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com /+919701215544 in case you need specific assistance with regards to the application.

Cheers and Best of Luck
M| +91-9701215544
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Tepper Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 25 Aug 2019, 15:33

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   [ 84 posts ] 

Tepper Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna