Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:07 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.8
WE:Project Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I submitted my application on Jan 5 and haven't received an interview invite yet. What are my chances? :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GPA: 3.8
WE:Project Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley (Indiana) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Dear Kelley..

Please send something............... Its been a long time.............

Love,
mspmet

:writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer :writer
Any fresh invites ?? I submitted my app on 5th jan , haven't heard anything back....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Nope
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I have my interview on campus this friday. Any common questions I should be prepared for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Just finished my interview with 2nd year student. Got following questions:
1. Walk me through your Resume
2. Why MBA
3. Why Kelley
4. Work in Teams, how did you contribute and best accomplishment
5. Leadership style
6. Anything else you would like to share
And some other minor questions. 2nd year students they just shoot the questions at you, it feels more like interrogation rather than conversation. Good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V34
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
You dont reeeeeally think they will wait until March 15 to notify anyone of admission do you? I had my interview with them about 3 weeks ago, so Im hoping they do a wave of notification letters before the march 15 date (fingers crossed!)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to all for interviews! We would really appreciate if interviewed applicants could post their interview debriefs on our newly launched Bschool review system - https://gmatclub.com/reviews/business_schools/ (Click on 'Create your Own Review', then select 'Business Schools' -- School Name -- Program Name -- Admission Interview)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 580 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q46 V35
WE:Public Relations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everybody,

I had my interview with a second-year student on January 19.

My interview was not easy, but I felt it went well. My interviewer was nice, but she asked more about leadership than I expected.

Each interviewer can ask pretty much whatever they want, but the questions tend to focus on the following concepts. If you can answers these questions with genuine developed ideas, you should do great.

1. Walk me through your resume.

2. Why Kelley?

3. What are your career goals? Be able to answer both short and long term.

4. What is your plan B for career goals?

5. Tell me about a time when you faced adversity or failure or success or etc? Use the STAR method: situation, task, action, result.

Last I would say that you should try to be yourself. The interviewers probably talk with dozens of people that say the same thing. If you are honest and calm, you will be more able to show how mature and unique you are. Then, you will have more chances to stand out.

I wish you guys all the best! Good luck! :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Kelley MBA Blog: Latin America: The Land of Opportunity

Clinical Professor of International Business Roberto García introduces the first speaker
at the Doing Business in Latin America conference.

Guillermo Kalen
By Guillermo Kalen, MBA ‘17

Every year, the Institute for Global Organizational Effectiveness (IGOE) and the Latin MBA Association organize an event focused on Latin America. This year we had a conference titled “Doing Business in Latin America," which dealt with the importance of Latin America and the US economy and how to position yourself for a career in the region.

Roberto García, clinical professor of International Business and a member of the Management and Entrepreneurship department at Kelley, opened the event with a very special introduction: Jose Eduardo Claro, a Kelley alum who was a member of the first GLOBASEproject, one in which García himself participated, has become a successful program within the business school that helps Kelley form and strengthen its relationships around the world.

Claro, a current Embraco/Whirlpool manager in Brazil, focused his presentation on solving two main questions: What is the importance of Latin America for corporate America? Will Latin American remain important for the US? Jose was able to not only to demonstrate the impact of Latin America on the U.S. economy, but also the opportunities American businesses have in the region through a presentation filled with useful and relevant statistics. For example, Walmart in the U.S. has one store for every 65,000 people, while Latin America only has one store for every 320,000 people. Another great example was Netflix. It has a current household penetration of 36% in the U.S., but only 0.9% in Latin America. He ended his presentation by sharing that there are some roadblocks in the region, but there is also opportunities.

Next, Erick Arnberg gave a presentation. Arnberg is currently a digital strategist at Google with experience in the U.S., Mexico and Sweden. His approach was to compare Sweden, U.S. and Mexico in different cultural dimensions (Hofstede’s theory). He compared the countries in six main dimensions: power distance, individualism, uncertainty avoidance, masculinity, and long-term vs. short-term orientation. It was very interesting to see that not only did Sweden and the U.S. share some cultural dimensions, but so did Mexico and the U.S. One thing was clear: Mexico thrives in uncertainty, values traditions, and relationships—key things to know when doing business with there.

After a brief break, Herman Aguinis, Founding and Managing Director of IGOE and the John F. Mee Chair in Management, talked about the Institute for Global Organizational Effectiveness; while Eric Johnson, Director of Kelley’s Graduate Career Services, introduced the second part of the conference: positioning yourself for a career in Latin America.

Roberto Cortez, Financial Advisory Services Director at Deloitte (Dallas), shared his experience in restructuring Deloitte South America, and the aspects anyone considering a career in Latin America should consider in order to be successful. The idea is to evaluate both yourself and your destination in geographic, technical, cultural, and both short and long term views. It was a very interesting presentation on how to identify intent and skills, define value, and recognize potential hurdles. Overall, he focused on the diversity of experiences, cultures and needs in Latin America, and its potential for growth and development.

Our last presenter was Scott Dorman, Marketing Director for General Mills in Mexico City and also a Kelley alumnus. Visionary leadership, acting with agility and the importance of influence were his main take-aways from his experience in Mexico. Latin America not only has potential, but is growing quickly.

In conclusion: We learned that Latin America is a place with impressive opportunity, rapid growth and of great importance for the U.S. The best way to be successful is by learning its culture, focusing on relationship-building, and leveraging those experiences and skills to generate value in the region. It was Warren Buffett that said “You can’t make a good deal with a bad person.” So, let’s start to use some Latin American strategies in our future business dealings!

From left to right: Miguel Cruz, MBA'16;  Roberto Cortez, Financial Advisory Services Director at Deloitte; Herman Aguinis, Professor of Organizational Behavior & Human Resources and Managing Director of IGOE; César Sánchez, MBA'16 and President of the Latin MBA Association; Jesús Salinas, MBA'16, Erick Arnberg, Digital Strategist at Google, Sweden; Jose Eduardo Claro, Manager at Whirlpool/Embraco, Brazil; and Scott Dorman, Marketing Director at General Mills, Mexico City
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey Guys,
I have a question, is there anyway at all to check the application status?

I submitted my application on the 3rd Jan and haven't heard back from them. Just wondering...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Other, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
WE:Science (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
bbednar wrote:
You dont reeeeeally think they will wait until March 15 to notify anyone of admission do you? I had my interview with them about 3 weeks ago, so Im hoping they do a wave of notification letters before the march 15 date (fingers crossed!)

They usually start about a week before the deadline, and they WILL continue until the 15th deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
WE:Account Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Nagendra>>> wrote:
Hey Guys,
I have a question, is there anyway at all to check the application status?

I submitted my application on the 3rd Jan and haven't heard back from them. Just wondering...

You should have received an email confirming receipt of your application and indicating that they do not share a status but will let you know if they need more informaiton.
Any new invites ??? I am waiting since 5th Jan..no news at all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
nachobioteck wrote:
bbednar wrote:

They usually start about a week before the deadline, and they WILL continue until the 15th deadline.

Talked to Brad with whom I interviewed around 3 weeks ago...got reply that decisions will be sent via email by mid march...would be tough for me to wait for kelley or other US schools...will have to submit notice to employer by 15th march since ISB session commences by 16th April.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 610 Q39 V34
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
varunverma123 wrote:
nachobioteck wrote:
bbednar wrote:

Talked to Brad with whom I interviewed around 3 weeks ago...got reply that decisions will be sent via email by mid march...would be tough for me to wait for kelley or other US schools...will have to submit notice to employer by 15th march since ISB session commences by 16th April.

Seriously I can't wait until mid march, I need to let other schools know and start finding a place to live before then lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GRE 1: Q156 V161
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview on January 28th. I submitted my application on December 26th and got an interview invite on January 9th. I found the interview to be the opposite of what others were saying. It was very conversational. My interviewer was a 2nd year, and he asked me what I liked about my job now, what had been my greatest challenge in that roll, my greatest accomplishment in that roll, etc. He never tried to stump me or asked any particularly difficult questions. It genuinely felt like he was just trying to get to know me to see if my personality and experience would fit well with Kelley. Waiting anxiously to hear back! I was really hoping to hear back before March; it's so far away!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts