GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2018, 03:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Top 1% GMAT by Sandeep Gupta

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: Corporate Finance (Consumer Electronics)
GMAT ToolKit User
Top 1% GMAT by Sandeep Gupta  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 09:38
Hi All, Can anybody tell me your opinion about the Top 1% gmat coaching by Sandeep Gupta. I have heard alot about the mis-representation about his GMAT 800 score. But keeping that thing aside, does his coaching really helps in getting good score? I have seen some videos and also gone through some of his material, doesn't seem that much bad to me. Anybody has any personal experience regarding his way of teaching or method followed as compared to other tutors out there like e-gmat, Economist GMAT etc please do share with me. Thanks

Confused
Umair
Economist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesJamboree Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 10:25
umairsiddiki wrote:
Hi All, Can anybody tell me your opinion about the Top 1% gmat coaching by Sandeep Gupta. I have heard alot about the mis-representation about his GMAT 800 score. But keeping that thing aside, does his coaching really helps in getting good score? I have seen some videos and also gone through some of his material, doesn't seem that much bad to me. Anybody has any personal experience regarding his way of teaching or method followed as compared to other tutors out there like e-gmat, Economist GMAT etc please do share with me. Thanks

Confused
Umair

I have heard that questions are poor representation of questions from other prep companies or from GMAC. I haven't used it personally so I have no clue.

Please use official guides, GMATPrep questions, Question Bank etc. to get an accurate idea of the questions asked in real exam. You may use the Question Bank feature on gmatclub.com to filter questions from the above mentioned sources.

Shortcuts may not always lead to the goal.

Good Luck.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 09 Dec 2017, 16:45
umairsiddiki wrote:
Hi All, Can anybody tell me your opinion about the Top 1% GMAT coaching by Sandeep Gupta. I have heard alot about the mis-representation about his GMAT 800 score. But keeping that thing aside, does his coaching really helps in getting a good score? I have seen some videos and also gone through some of his material, doesn't seem that much bad to me. Anybody has any personal experience regarding his way of teaching or method followed as compared to other tutors out there like e-gmat, Economist GMAT etc please do share with me. Thanks

Confused
Umair

Please be informed that top 1% course is nothing but a simulation of various prep company study materials and that too of very poor standards. I would strongly recommend that you opt in for courses such as GMAT club tests(Quants), e-GMAT (Verbal), Education Aisle (Verbal), Empower GMAT (Quant & Verbal). I have personally used all of them and they are really good. PM me if you have further questions.

Originally posted by Maria Antony on 09 Dec 2017, 10:34.
Last edited by Maria Antony on 09 Dec 2017, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Top 1% GMAT by Sandeep Gupta  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2017, 16:31
Hi Umair,

When it comes to studying for the GMAT, there are a variety of different options. Before anyone here can offer you the specific advice that you’re looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for each)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

760+: Learn What GMAT Assassins Do to Score at the Highest Levels
Contact Rich at: Rich.C@empowergmat.com

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/

***********************Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!***********************

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 06:41
Maria Antony wrote:
I would strongly recommend that you opt in for courses such as GMAT club tests(Quants), e-GMAT (Verbal), Education Aisle (Verbal), Empower GMAT (Quant & Verbal). I have personally used all of them and they are really good.

Hello Maria, I am just about starting to prepare for GMAT and this list helps a lot.

Since I am not in a position to try all multiple options, is there any "preference" within this list as well that you would recommend? Or are all of them equally good?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 06:46
Nived wrote:
Maria Antony wrote:
I would strongly recommend that you opt in for courses such as GMAT club tests(Quants), e-GMAT (Verbal), Education Aisle (Verbal), Empower GMAT (Quant & Verbal). I have personally used all of them and they are really good.

Hello Maria, I am just about starting to prepare for GMAT and this list helps a lot.

Since I am not in a position to try all multiple options, is there any "preference" within this list as well that you would recommend? Or are all of them equally good?

If you are a non native go for E-GMAT (Verbal Online or Verbal Live) and GMAT CLUB TESTS.
Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 07:09
Here is what I have heard ->
HE IS A CON!
HE IS A CHARLATAN!
HE FORGED DOCUMENTS!
HE MISREPRESENTED HIS GMAT!

I don't know if those things are true.But there are a heck lot of candidates that are saying its true.
Plus everyone tells me that his New Delhi centre is so bad that you end up studying on your own!

Why the risk?

Go pro! Go online!
You atleast know that you would get quality material.

Best
Stone Cold

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

Ask GMAT Experts Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 08:32
umairsiddiki wrote:

Confused
Umair

Hi
I do not have personal experience with Top 1% gmat but I have seen some bad reviews online. So, IMO better to not take risk and enroll for something that is proven and has good reviews since you will end up spending around 20k in any course so better utilize it properly. E-gmat, Economist Gmat, Empower Gmat have very good reviews and you can try them. But always take a free trial before enrolling for any course to check if you are comfortable with the mode of teaching etc.
Hope it helps.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2017, 11:12
Top Contributor
Hey, umairsiddiki. Yes, there are a few shady characters in the GMAT prep world. I am not one of them, because unlike so many others, my personal GMAT scores are verified on GMAT Club (well, at least 2 tests out of the 5 that I've taken, due to some scores older than 5 years, and a bug in the verification system). A big thanks to bb, the founder of this site, who recently implemented this feature.

See the lower left corner of my profile to confirm my scores, and check out this link for an example of a private student of mine who truly did score in the top 1% (you will notice that his score is also GMAT Club confirmed). I am also a Harvard graduate magna cum laude, and can prove that, too.

If you need someone more affordable, then check out my list of 7 Important Questions to Ask Your Prospective GMAT Tutor.

You might be interested to know that I'm working on a free GMAT prep book, which I will be continuously updating over time. It is a free Google document, and here is the link. Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

Happy studies,
Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Top 1% GMAT by Sandeep Gupta &nbs [#permalink] 16 Dec 2017, 11:12

Top 1% GMAT by Sandeep Gupta

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap