Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [14]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
SomnathS wrote:
Hi Guys, am sorry if it's already been discussed. But any definitive timeline on commencement of operations of the Manhattanville Campus of CBS - have been reading conflicting reports. Website indicates 2021 but not sure how dated that statement is. Please let me know if you've heard anything recently from CBS on this. Thanks.

I'd go to Columbia even if it had a broom closet in UWS for a campus .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
ED Applicants: I attended the admissions event "Conversation with the Directors" and Bob Shea mentioned that they were going to bring local candidates on campus Oct 21 for interviews to knock out a bunch. The way he told us was as if he was letting us in on a little secret, so I'm not sure if it was still a tentative plan then or if they're actually going through with it.

I'm wondering if anyone who has already been invited to interview has been invited to that (possibly not real) event? I'd imagine if they're doing it this Saturday then invites would have to go out relatively soon for it if they haven't already?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:
ED Applicants: I attended the admissions event "Conversation with the Directors" and Bob Shea mentioned that they were going to bring local candidates on campus Oct 21 for interviews to knock out a bunch. ?

You mean for those who applied on deadline ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bs7391 wrote:
donnamoss wrote:
ED Applicants: I attended the admissions event "Conversation with the Directors" and Bob Shea mentioned that they were going to bring local candidates on campus Oct 21 for interviews to knock out a bunch. ?

He didn't say who it was for. It was a very vague, "I'm going to let you in on a secret..." comment. Typically, interviews are done with CBS Alums... So I was just wondering if the people who have been invited to interview already were invited to this event or just the usual CBS alum interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '20 (II)
Send PM
Kudos
donnamoss wrote:
bs7391 wrote:
donnamoss wrote:

He didn't say who it was for. It was a very vague, "I'm going to let you in on a secret..." comment. Typically, interviews are done with CBS Alums... So I was just wondering if the people who have been invited to interview already were invited to this event or just the usual CBS alum interview.

I can confirm that this is a thing. I'm NYC-based. I received an invite to interview on campus with a student this Saturday 10/21. Submitted a few days before ED deadline.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaapplicant91 wrote:

I can confirm that this is a thing. I'm NYC-based. I received an invite to interview on campus with a student this Saturday 10/21. Submitted a few days before ED deadline.

Thanks! Do you mind sharing when you received the invite? And good luck on your interview!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '20 (II)
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:
mbaapplicant17 wrote:

Thanks! Do you mind sharing when you received the invite? And good luck on your interview!

Received invite 10/9. And the email specified a Hermes Society student. And thanks. Hope you hear something soon - IMO, the worst part is waiting to hear.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Pretty quiet on the home front here thus far..any word from those who applied on Oct 4th?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
mbaapplicant17 wrote:
donnamoss wrote:
mbaapplicant17 wrote:

Received invite 10/9. And the email specified a Hermes Society student. And thanks. Hope you hear something soon - IMO, the worst part is waiting to hear.

Nope. Applied on 4th. International candidate here. Don’t know if the interview schedule is different for international applicants

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Applied on 1st October and still nothing over here! International applicant (Indian based in Singapore)...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ctrautwein5 wrote:
Pretty quiet on the home front here thus far..any word from those who applied on Oct 4th?

No word here... I applied Oct 4th, and am NYC based. I feel your pain!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:
ctrautwein5 wrote:

By this date last year, interviews were out for on deadline ED applications. I checked the old thread. Wish people updated..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bs7391 wrote:
donnamoss wrote:
ctrautwein5 wrote:

By this date last year, interviews were out for on deadline ED applications. I checked the old thread. Wish people updated..

Thanks for spiking my anxiety levels :lol:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
I did the exact same thing! Based in NYC too. There were honestly just a couple of people who posted at about this time. I'm setting my expectations (always a fun exercise) for end of October - anything earlier would be awesome.

Happy to have this group to commiserate with! Keep us updated!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ctrautwein5 wrote:
I did the exact same thing! Based in NYC too. There were honestly just a couple of people who posted at about this time. I'm setting my expectations (always a fun exercise) for end of October - anything earlier would be awesome.

Happy to have this group to commiserate with! Keep us updated!

I just looked back at Live wire last year... looks like ED candidates were still receiving invitations to interview through 10/27/16
Intern
Intern
Send PM
donnamoss wrote:

Thanks for spiking my anxiety levels :lol:

You have a Booth Invite. Columbia will interview you.
Current Student
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.86
Send PM
SomnathS wrote:
Hi Guys, am sorry if it's already been discussed. But any definitive timeline on commencement of operations of the Manhattanville Campus of CBS - have been reading conflicting reports. Website indicates 2021 but not sure how dated that statement is. Please let me know if you've heard anything recently from CBS on this. Thanks.

Last I saw it won't be open until 2022

Unrelated - anyone know when CBS starts looking into R1 regular decision? (Submitted my application 15Sep)

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Drowsypirate wrote:
SomnathS wrote:

Last I saw it won't be open until 2022

Unrelated - anyone know when CBS starts looking into R1 regular decision? (Submitted my application 15Sep)

They don't start looking at regular decision applications until they've gone through all January entry and Early Decision applications. At an info session I attended in June, they estimated that this would be around mid to late November. Not sure if that has changed since then!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts