It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 09:12

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 46

GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 07:50
Yep! If they want it, they'll ask for it again.

Thank you for the kudos!

Best,
S

BO10 wrote:
ss18 wrote:
Don’t worry too much about it. Photograph not being the clearest is ok, transcripts should be. Maybe you could write to CBS but don’t wait for them to reply and in the meantime miss the deadline. After you submit your application, there is the scope to upload stuff that the AdCom wants.

Isn’t the ED submission deadline over? If it’s open then you must rush!

BO10 wrote:
Hi guys! I seem to have problem with the photo on the application. When I upload it, the quality changes drastically. I tried couple of photos, but the same problem with all of them. Did anyone have the same issue? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Thank! I am submitting for regular decision (so no rush). My transcripts are fine, just the quality of the photo is bad. I guess I shouldn't worry much about the photo then.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 46

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GRE 1: 330 Q170 V160
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 00:14
Hi Guys, am sorry if it's already been discussed. But any definitive timeline on commencement of operations of the Manhattanville Campus of CBS - have been reading conflicting reports. Website indicates 2021 but not sure how dated that statement is. Please let me know if you've heard anything recently from CBS on this. Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 20:59
This post received
KUDOS
SomnathS wrote:
Hi Guys, am sorry if it's already been discussed. But any definitive timeline on commencement of operations of the Manhattanville Campus of CBS - have been reading conflicting reports. Website indicates 2021 but not sure how dated that statement is. Please let me know if you've heard anything recently from CBS on this. Thanks.

I'd go to Columbia even if it had a broom closet in UWS for a campus .

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

GPA: 3.23

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 06:32
ED Applicants: I attended the admissions event "Conversation with the Directors" and Bob Shea mentioned that they were going to bring local candidates on campus Oct 21 for interviews to knock out a bunch. The way he told us was as if he was letting us in on a little secret, so I'm not sure if it was still a tentative plan then or if they're actually going through with it.

I'm wondering if anyone who has already been invited to interview has been invited to that (possibly not real) event? I'd imagine if they're doing it this Saturday then invites would have to go out relatively soon for it if they haven't already?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 07:14
donnamoss wrote:
ED Applicants: I attended the admissions event "Conversation with the Directors" and Bob Shea mentioned that they were going to bring local candidates on campus Oct 21 for interviews to knock out a bunch. ?

You mean for those who applied on deadline ?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 07:19
bs7391 wrote:
donnamoss wrote:
ED Applicants: I attended the admissions event "Conversation with the Directors" and Bob Shea mentioned that they were going to bring local candidates on campus Oct 21 for interviews to knock out a bunch. ?

He didn't say who it was for. It was a very vague, "I'm going to let you in on a secret..." comment. Typically, interviews are done with CBS Alums... So I was just wondering if the people who have been invited to interview already were invited to this event or just the usual CBS alum interview.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Schools: CBS '20 (II)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 09:29
This post received
KUDOS
donnamoss wrote:
bs7391 wrote:
donnamoss wrote:

He didn't say who it was for. It was a very vague, "I'm going to let you in on a secret..." comment. Typically, interviews are done with CBS Alums... So I was just wondering if the people who have been invited to interview already were invited to this event or just the usual CBS alum interview.

I can confirm that this is a thing. I'm NYC-based. I received an invite to interview on campus with a student this Saturday 10/21. Submitted a few days before ED deadline.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 09:37
mbaapplicant91 wrote:

I can confirm that this is a thing. I'm NYC-based. I received an invite to interview on campus with a student this Saturday 10/21. Submitted a few days before ED deadline.

Thanks! Do you mind sharing when you received the invite? And good luck on your interview!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Schools: CBS '20 (II)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 09:47
donnamoss wrote:
mbaapplicant17 wrote:

Thanks! Do you mind sharing when you received the invite? And good luck on your interview!

Received invite 10/9. And the email specified a Hermes Society student. And thanks. Hope you hear something soon - IMO, the worst part is waiting to hear.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 15:39
Pretty quiet on the home front here thus far..any word from those who applied on Oct 4th?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2017, 19:41
mbaapplicant17 wrote:
donnamoss wrote:
mbaapplicant17 wrote:

Received invite 10/9. And the email specified a Hermes Society student. And thanks. Hope you hear something soon - IMO, the worst part is waiting to hear.

Nope. Applied on 4th. International candidate here. Don’t know if the interview schedule is different for international applicants

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 01:05
Applied on 1st October and still nothing over here! International applicant (Indian based in Singapore)...

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 05:41
ctrautwein5 wrote:
Pretty quiet on the home front here thus far..any word from those who applied on Oct 4th?

No word here... I applied Oct 4th, and am NYC based. I feel your pain!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 07:04
donnamoss wrote:
ctrautwein5 wrote:

By this date last year, interviews were out for on deadline ED applications. I checked the old thread. Wish people updated..

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 07:13
bs7391 wrote:
donnamoss wrote:
ctrautwein5 wrote:

By this date last year, interviews were out for on deadline ED applications. I checked the old thread. Wish people updated..

Thanks for spiking my anxiety levels :lol:

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 07:25
I did the exact same thing! Based in NYC too. There were honestly just a couple of people who posted at about this time. I'm setting my expectations (always a fun exercise) for end of October - anything earlier would be awesome.

Happy to have this group to commiserate with! Keep us updated!

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 07:34
ctrautwein5 wrote:
I did the exact same thing! Based in NYC too. There were honestly just a couple of people who posted at about this time. I'm setting my expectations (always a fun exercise) for end of October - anything earlier would be awesome.

Happy to have this group to commiserate with! Keep us updated!

I just looked back at Live wire last year... looks like ED candidates were still receiving invitations to interview through 10/27/16

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 07:37
donnamoss wrote:

Thanks for spiking my anxiety levels :lol:

You have a Booth Invite. Columbia will interview you.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.86
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 10:54
SomnathS wrote:

Last I saw it won't be open until 2022

Unrelated - anyone know when CBS starts looking into R1 regular decision? (Submitted my application 15Sep)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 11:31
Drowsypirate wrote:
SomnathS wrote:

Last I saw it won't be open until 2022

Unrelated - anyone know when CBS starts looking into R1 regular decision? (Submitted my application 15Sep)

They don't start looking at regular decision applications until they've gone through all January entry and Early Decision applications. At an info session I attended in June, they estimated that this would be around mid to late November. Not sure if that has changed since then!

Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2017, 11:31

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 235 posts ] 

Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap