Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [14]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '20 (D)
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 210 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Schools: CBS '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
bs7391 wrote:
Those submitting from India- how are you converting your absolute marks into GPAs? I had help with the WES Converter and I got an absurdly high GPA. Don't know if that holds.

Do not convert. If it was a 70%, enter it as 70 on a scale of 100

This is what was written on the application: "Applicants should report their grade point average as it appears on their transcript."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi guys, when will people typically be notified of merit fellowships? Upon Offer or further down the road?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
So they would send a rejection email
May I ask your brief profile?
Thank you.

Flameboy wrote:
I'm out guys. Got a rejection email today. Applied 12th Sep. Wish the others the best!

Posted from my mobile device

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
They sent an email confirming an application update, which stated that I was not offered admission.

31 Indian M, worked in investment research for 7 years, a 720 GMAT.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
You had interview, right?
I'm wondering if there is a rejection email after submit?

Your profile looks good.
Wish u the best

Flameboy wrote:
They sent an email confirming an application update, which stated that I was not offered admission.

31 Indian M, worked in investment research for 7 years, a 720 GMAT.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was denied admission without an interview. Thanks, the best to you too.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
One of my essays is ~3 words over the word limit of 250 - I'm probably going to just submit it as-is instead of trying to cut out those last 3 words... has anyone else done this?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Stern '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.01
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Nope. Better to stick to the word limit. Difficult but not impossible. At least gives you the peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
jz818 wrote:
One of my essays is ~3 words over the word limit of 250 - I'm probably going to just submit it as-is instead of trying to cut out those last 3 words... has anyone else done this?

It won’t cut it. You can see it in the very last section called preview too - in fact you will see your entire file here in one big PDF.

The cut does happen when you have to paste in a text box. They’re tricky with excess words.

Having said that, for a 250 word essay, 260~265 is still acceptable. You don’t want to piss them off with a 280.

Hope this helps!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi guys,

sending good vibes to all ED applicants! We are officially past the deadline. Anyone have a sense on turn-around time from submit to interview/ding -- to accept/ding? From reading last year's thread it seems like 4 weeks is a standard amount of time? My submit was today Oct 4th at 4pm eastern time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
ctrautwein5 wrote:
Hi guys,

sending good vibes to all ED applicants! We are officially past the deadline. Anyone have a sense on turn-around time from submit to interview/ding -- to accept/ding? From reading last year's thread it seems like 4 weeks is a standard amount of time? My submit was today Oct 4th at 4pm eastern time.

Since there aren't many data points this year for ED (yet), let me do my bit for society.

Submit (30/8)
Interview Invite (20/9)
Interview (27/9)
Interview Report Submitted (28/9)
Acceptance Call (2/10)

Feel free to PM me if there are any questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
ctrautwein5 wrote:
Hi guys,

The admissions counselors I've spoken with have said it is at most six weeks, and the closer to the deadline you submit the longer it will take. They read the applications in order of when they were submitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
vineet123456789 wrote:
bs7391 wrote:
Those submitting from India- how are you converting your absolute marks into GPAs? I had help with the WES Converter and I got an absurdly high GPA. Don't know if that holds.

Have u got any reply to ir query

Used a WES calculator. Its the same that Columbia Engineering uses. I would not say that my GPA is 70/100. My batch topper did not have 70 or maybe had 71. GPA is relative. As per Columbia if you have a "Highest Passing Grade" mention 4. I went course by course got a more granular number. Validated it with others who had applied to US Schools- engineering or otherwise.

I entered GPA only in the School specific section. Kept the transcript section as NA. Because my transcript does not have a GPA.

Originally posted by bs7391 on 07 Oct 2017, 13:28.
Last edited by bs7391 on 07 Oct 2017, 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Schools: Tuck '20 (S)
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Kudos
donnamoss wrote:
ctrautwein5 wrote:
Hi guys,

The admissions counselors I've spoken with have said it is at most six weeks, and the closer to the deadline you submit the longer it will take. They read the applications in order of when they were submitted.

Based on 2016, ED on deadline submits get interview invites around October 18-19th.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Hi guys! I seem to have problem with the photo on the application. When I upload it, the quality changes drastically. I tried couple of photos, but the same problem with all of them. Did anyone have the same issue? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GRE 1: Q162 V155
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
BO10 wrote:
Hi guys! I seem to have problem with the photo on the application. When I upload it, the quality changes drastically. I tried couple of photos, but the same problem with all of them. Did anyone have the same issue? Thanks!

Yes, I had the same issue. It happened to my scanned transcript too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 48
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Don’t worry too much about it. Photograph not being the clearest is ok, transcripts should be. Maybe you could write to CBS but don’t wait for them to reply and in the meantime miss the deadline. After you submit your application, there is the scope to upload stuff that the AdCom wants.

Isn’t the ED submission deadline over? If it’s open then you must rush!

BO10 wrote:

Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
ss18 wrote:
Don’t worry too much about it. Photograph not being the clearest is ok, transcripts should be. Maybe you could write to CBS but don’t wait for them to reply and in the meantime miss the deadline. After you submit your application, there is the scope to upload stuff that the AdCom wants.

Isn’t the ED submission deadline over? If it’s open then you must rush!

BO10 wrote:

Thank! I am submitting for regular decision (so no rush). My transcripts are fine, just the quality of the photo is bad. I guess I shouldn't worry much about the photo then.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts