It is currently 19 Jan 2018, 21:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
D
Joined: 26 Feb 2016
Posts: 1809

Kudos [?]: 830 [0], given: 22

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 10:52
Finally, seeing a lot of Indians getting admits.
Congrats gmat7m & jtblues1905

Impressive profile you have jtblues1905
Co founder of an online multi designer store, mind sharing the name?
_________________

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 830 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.07
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 20:35
pushpitkc wrote:
Finally, seeing a lot of Indians getting admits.
Congrats gmat7m & jtblues1905

Impressive profile you have jtblues1905
Co founder of an online multi designer store, mind sharing the name?


Thanks a lot! And not at all, the website is called Wardrobe Treasures (https://wardrobetreasures.com/ ). We have a store in New Delhi as well, feel free to check it out if youre ever in the area!

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Dec 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 21:28
Hi guys,

I just got an admit :D

Superr excited!!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Sep 2014
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 22:05
Looks like there is a barrage of admits coming in. Congrats to all getting in

From what I understand, all the admits are folks who applied in R1? Nothing coming up yet for R2 candidates, right?

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Aug 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 22:14
jegan2388 wrote:
Looks like there is a barrage of admits coming in. Congrats to all getting in

From what I understand, all the admits are folks who applied in R1? Nothing coming up yet for R2 candidates, right?


I applied on 19th Oct, so I guess it's round 2?
If I remembered correctly, someone applied on 29th Nov and got admit?

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Sep 2014
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 22:20
sherryoung1028 wrote:
jegan2388 wrote:
Looks like there is a barrage of admits coming in. Congrats to all getting in

From what I understand, all the admits are folks who applied in R1? Nothing coming up yet for R2 candidates, right?


I applied on 19th Oct, so I guess it's round 2?
If I remembered correctly, someone applied on 29th Nov and got admit?


Ah okay. I applied on 1st November. Haven't heard anything. Hope it doesn't mean anything negative. Guess it's to do with being in the Indian peer group.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Aug 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 22:49
jegan2388 wrote:
sherryoung1028 wrote:
jegan2388 wrote:
Looks like there is a barrage of admits coming in. Congrats to all getting in

From what I understand, all the admits are folks who applied in R1? Nothing coming up yet for R2 candidates, right?


I applied on 19th Oct, so I guess it's round 2?
If I remembered correctly, someone applied on 29th Nov and got admit?


Ah okay. I applied on 1st November. Haven't heard anything. Hope it doesn't mean anything negative. Guess it's to do with being in the Indian peer group.


It surely doesn't mean anything negative.
I think they are now busy processing all the R1 applicants, then they will have holidays from 19th Dec to early Jan, so I guess most interview invites will happen after that.
Best luck to you :-)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Sep 2014
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 23:24
sherryoung1028 wrote:
It surely doesn't mean anything negative.
I think they are now busy processing all the R1 applicants, then they will have holidays from 19th Dec to early Jan, so I guess most interview invites will happen after that.
Best luck to you :-)


Hopefully. Thanks :)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2017, 23:48
Hii, I am planning to apply to round 3. Can some one please evaluate my profile and tell my chances of converting. I am from India. Gmat 710 V35, Q50. Work ex 3.5 years in marketing and customer Analytics. I currently work with Lowe's.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 152

Kudos [?]: 21 [1], given: 29

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 01:19
1
This post received
KUDOS
na291 wrote:
Hii, I am planning to apply to round 3. Can some one please evaluate my profile and tell my chances of converting. I am from India. Gmat 710 V35, Q50. Work ex 3.5 years in marketing and customer Analytics. I currently work with Lowe's.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Well, personally, I am not a big fan of profile evaluations - someone here saying you can or cannot get in will not have any co-relation with the outcome.

Having said that, you have a 'traditional' profile in the sense that it seems to have a enough quantitative depth and you won't have to waste precious word count on justifying it. I think there was someone above who got in with a 700 and also got a $10k schol, so it isn't impossible. But you'll have to go for Round 2 (Round 3 doesn't allow you enough time to get visa done).

The good news is Rotman has a lot of differentiators (Creative Destruction Lab, Capstone Project), so once you research well, establishing your connect with the school shouldn't be a problem. Another resource I recommend is a blog that details the Rotman experience and courses, the link is in the first few pages of this thread, posted by a current student.

I hope this answers.
_________________

If you found this post useful, hit Kudos! :D

Kudos [?]: 21 [1], given: 29

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 01:44
gmat7m wrote:
na291 wrote:
Hii, I am planning to apply to round 3. Can some one please evaluate my profile and tell my chances of converting. I am from India. Gmat 710 V35, Q50. Work ex 3.5 years in marketing and customer Analytics. I currently work with Lowe's.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Well, personally, I am not a big fan of profile evaluations - someone here saying you can or cannot get in will not have any co-relation with the outcome.

Having said that, you have a 'traditional' profile in the sense that it seems to have a enough quantitative depth and you won't have to waste precious word count on justifying it. I think there was someone above who got in with a 700 and also got a $10k schol, so it isn't impossible. But you'll have to go for Round 2 (Round 3 doesn't allow you enough time to get visa done).

The good news is Rotman has a lot of differentiators (Creative Destruction Lab, Capstone Project), so once you research well, establishing your connect with the school shouldn't be a problem. Another resource I recommend is a blog that details the Rotman experience and courses, the link is in the first few pages of this thread, posted by a current student.

I hope this answers.

This definitely helps. And I am applying to round 2 itself. Sorry about the typing error there :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 08:09
I am assuming this is the typical indication of a rejected application, correct?
"Thank you for applying to the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. The review of your application is now complete. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in our program at this time."

I asked the woman who interviewed me for some feedback but I am not expecting to hear anything back.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Posts: 152

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 29

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 08:30
username123456 wrote:
I am assuming this is the typical indication of a rejected application, correct?
"Thank you for applying to the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. The review of your application is now complete. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in our program at this time."

I asked the woman who interviewed me for some feedback but I am not expecting to hear anything back.


Yes, this would be a ding.
_________________

If you found this post useful, hit Kudos! :D

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 29

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 25

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 27

Location: India
Schools: Rotman '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.67
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 08:36
username123456 wrote:
I am assuming this is the typical indication of a rejected application, correct?
"Thank you for applying to the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. The review of your application is now complete. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you a place in our program at this time."

I asked the woman who interviewed me for some feedback but I am not expecting to hear anything back.


Hey! Were you interviewed by the admissions team or did they send you such an email without an interview?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 27

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 08:38
Skype interview with Lynda

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 08:43
So everyone is aware, this is my profile:
- 33 years old, caucasian male
- 87% average undergrad in Commerce majoring in Finance
- Worked for approximately 11 years - 3 years in investment banking and 7-ish years trading
- I have my CFA, so I have not written the GMAT yet

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 25

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 27

Location: India
Schools: Rotman '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 2.67
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 08:48
username123456 wrote:
So everyone is aware, this is my profile:
- 33 years old, caucasian male
- 87% average undergrad in Commerce majoring in Finance
- Worked for approximately 11 years - 3 years in investment banking and 7-ish years trading
- I have my CFA, so I have not written the GMAT yet


Damn! That's a really strong profile! I'm surprised to be honest.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 27

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 112

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 1219

Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 08:50
Really surprised. May be age could be the issue. Cant find anything else.

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 1219

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 2

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 08:55
1
This post received
KUDOS
I'm kind of assuming age too...but my question to that is why are they contacting me for an interview then?

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 2

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2017, 09:00
1
This post received
KUDOS
My interview was on Dec 1, 2017. I received an email from Jamie Young yesterday at 4:52 EST indicating my rejection.

Kudos [?]: 2 [1], given: 2

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2017, 09:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  36    Next  [ 717 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.