GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2019, 17:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tepper Admitted Students: Class Of 2021 (2019 Intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all Tepper Admitted Students: Class Of 2021 (2019 Intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 04:27
This thread is for all Tepper Accepted applicants for the Class of 2021. Congrats to all new Admits!! :cool: :thumbup:

Let's discuss all your upcoming needs, plans and explore how can you make your experience wonderful. :)

Full Time MBA

PT Online Hybrid and On-Campus MBA

*Note:- If you can't find your username in the above list, make sure you have updated your GMAT Club profile status to 'Admitted' or PM me.
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
Re: Calling all Tepper Admitted Students: Class Of 2021 (2019 Intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2018, 23:53
Hello, does anyone know if we can appeal for more scholarship? I tried to search around but didn't see much information.. thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.78
Re: Calling all Tepper Admitted Students: Class Of 2021 (2019 Intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2018, 16:59
I am not sure as well but I will still try. Worse they can say is no and there is nothing I have read saying they strictly forbid asking. Let me know if you ask and what they say and I will do the same.
zee1222 wrote:
Hello, does anyone know if we can appeal for more scholarship? I tried to search around but didn't see much information.. thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tepper '21 (A)
GRE 1: Q159 V161
GPA: 3.36

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 21:59
Hi guys, might you know if there are any external scholarships currently open? Thanks
Current Student
B
GRE 1: Q170 V164
GPA: 3.75
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2018, 06:09
How much did you guys get?
I got $20k/yr ($40k total).
If we know how much they are willing to give, we can ask for that much.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tepper '21 (A$)
GPA: 3.15

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 06:50
Anyone planning on attending welcome weekend?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V44
GPA: 3.48

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 07:02
i'll almost certainly be at welcome weekend. unfortunately it conflicts w/ the emory welcome weekend, but I am very much leaning towards Tepper. I'll also be at an event for admitted students in the DC area.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.1
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 14:31
I'm in!!
Pretty excited. I am hoping to be able to make it to the welcome weekend but being in California, it may be tough to make the trip. When I got the call they also mentioned a dinner in San Francisco that I'm definitely going to go to at the least (but will still try to figure out how to make it to the welcome weekend).

Also - is this the thread where I should post questions to other fellow Tepper incoming students / planning questions regarding the move to Pittsburgh, etc.? Or is there another thread I should post those?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 15:08
I’m in. I think I received the smallest scholarship possible. $5k/semester. $20k total. I may appeal for them to match my very slightly larger $30k total UNC fellowship.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 16:36
i misread my letter earlier. I got 40k. Tepper was my target so I'm pretty darn happy right now.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.13

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 17:40
Was the scholarship in the portal acceptance letter or the FedEx package they send you?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 17:43
rdettmann24 wrote:
Was the scholarship in the portal acceptance letter or the FedEx package they send you?

from what i read the acceptance packages ship tomorrow, so I don't think anyone has received theirs.

If I scroll down in my admissions letter (or ctrl F scholarship) they list the scholarship award.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 20:34
hastee wrote:
I’m in. I think I received the smallest scholarship possible. $5k/semester. $20k total. I may appeal for them to match my very slightly larger $30k total UNC fellowship.

Is that possible to do? I got a much much bigger scholarship at another school but assumed scholarships were not negotiable.
Tepper Thread Master
S
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 20:37
darthvad3r wrote:
hastee wrote:

Is that possible to do? I got a much much bigger scholarship at another school but assumed scholarships were not negotiable.

Yes, especially if Tepper is your first choice.

Current Student
P
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 23:07
Congratulations to all the admitted students. :thumbup:

Hoping to see you all at Welcome weekend. :)

I am a Current student in Tepper and happy to answer if anyone has any question related to Welcome Weekend/ School/ Pittsburgh etc

:thumbup:
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q170 V155

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 01:05
In!. Can't believe it :-D :-D

Got the call yesterday but wanted to be 100% sure and waited for the email!.
I won't be attending the "Welcome Weekend" in April as i am an international applicant.
Looking forward to meeting you guys @CMU when the term starts!.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 10:48
Nikkb wrote:

I am a Current student in Tepper and happy to answer if anyone has any question related to Welcome Weekend/ School/ Pittsburgh etc

Hi Nikkb, I do have one question that I'm sure comes up a lot: How did you get used to the weather in Pittsburgh? Did the coldness affect time spent outside/going out with friends or classmates (or do people spend most of their time inside)?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tepper '21 (A$)
GPA: 3.15

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 12:12
darthvad3r wrote:
Nikkb wrote:

Hi Nikkb, I do have one question that I'm sure comes up a lot: How did you get used to the weather in Pittsburgh? Did the coldness affect time spent outside/going out with friends or classmates (or do people spend most of their time inside)?

Thanks!

Great question! lol I'll be moving from Florida and am sure I'm in for a shock
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.53
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2019, 12:25
darthvad3r wrote:
Nikkb wrote:

Thanks!

I've spent my entire life in New England and currently live in Boston which gets colder and more snow than Pittsburgh and I can tell you, if you don't like the cold you will never get used to it :lol:. I like the cold (I prefer 20 degrees to 90 degrees) so winters are fine but there are tons of people who hate the cold and never get used to it even though they are born and raised here. Only people who like the cold can get used to the cold, everyone just suffers through it :lol:
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 20:43
This may be a crazy question, but would anybody choose a part-time MBA just to get a higher-ranked school's degree? When I was first applying to business schools, I was only targeting Berkeley Haas Evening-Weekend MBA but during the process decided instead that I wanted to go full-time, though had already done my part-time Haas app. Now that I have been accepted to Tepper also (and am very excited about that), I need to make my final final decision. Haas claims the part-timers get all the same benefits of full-time and so on, but I don't know if I believe that.
For context: no family, have a job that I could pare back a bit to do the part-time and maybe that would be ok but my company would not be paying anything for the MBA if I went part-time (they just don't care about MBA's). After graduating I would plan to get a job with another company. Scholarship money received for Tepper.

What do you all think?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tepper Admitted Students: Class Of 2021 (2019 Intake)   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2019, 20:43

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 32 posts ] 

Calling all Tepper Admitted Students: Class Of 2021 (2019 Intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, u1983, chanjaso