Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 19:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Re: Stanford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Mirren1 wrote:
Hi,

What programs are you considering applying to? This will be important in determining if you have a chance or not.

I would say that if 650 is within the mid 80% range of the program you are applying for then go for it this round! The GMAT is only one aspect of the application. Your other stats look good and if you can craft a few really good Essays you would have a decent chance. I don't think it could hurt you trying.

The only thing is you probably wont get any $$$ in terms of a scholarship. If you applied next year with a 700+ it could save you maybe around 30k in fees.

Thanks! That's super helpful. I really think I can hit 700+ with another month or two, so I'll do that.

My dream would be GSB, but others I would hope to have a shot at would be HBS, Wharton, Kellogg, and Duke. I'm looking to stay focused in the healthcare/tech and potentially entrepreneurial space. I have a strong essay on why healthcare/my profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Stanford Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 9.0(one of the toppers of my stream)
10th : CGPA 10 (95%)
12th : CGPA 9.3 (88%)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Consulting.

Thank you for your help.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V56
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
aroraishita02 wrote:

Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

I noticed two challenging areas in your profile, so you might want to spend next year working on following two suggestions.

First, you are part of an overrepresented minority. Indian + Infosys is way too common in bay area, so do something to stand out.

Second, all your community activity is fluff because you are a participant in most of the groups, not a founder or leader. Try to lead a group within next year and it will certainly help your profile.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi guys,

New to the gmat club. Please evaluate my profile.

Background and nationality ; Indian , Btech in Electronics and commn
Undergrad Information - scored 65 % overall ( I know pretty low), X-88.4%,XIIth-80.2%
GMAT:750 ( I hope it can compensate my low undergrad)
Work experience and leadership ; Total 3 yrs of experience in Healthcare consulting/analytics domain working for large clients like GSK, BMS. Employed in companies like Smrtanalyst , GSK and Axtria.Managed few and trained some fellow associates.
Community and others ; Participated in companies CSR activities, Anti drug campaign in college, and was a part of an NGO creating awareness about astronomy in general public.
Post MBA goals ; Want to get into niche consulting area since i have relevant experience.
Anything else?
Won two times award for an astronomy quiz on a state level and visited two national astrophysics laboratoies in India.

Please review my profile and let me know what can i do to get an admit? and is it wise enought to apply for stanford ?
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
divmish786 wrote:
Hi guys,

Undergrad Information - scored 65 % overall ( I know pretty low), X-88.4%,XIIth-80.2%
Work experience and leadership ; Total 3 yrs of experience in Healthcare consulting/analytics domain working for large clients like GSK, BMS. Employed in companies like Smrtanalyst , GSK and Axtria.Managed few and trained some fellow associates.
Community and others ; Participated in companies CSR activities, Anti drug campaign in college, and was a part of an NGO creating awareness about astronomy in general public.
Post MBA goals ; Want to get into niche consulting area since i have relevant experience.
Anything else?
Won two times award for an astronomy quiz on a state level and visited two national astrophysics laboratoies in India.

Please review my profile and let me know what can i do to get an admit? and is it wise enought to apply for stanford ?

Your GMAT score is impressive, and whilst we have had clients admitted to Stanford with much lower GMAT score, Stanford generally tends to be very selective. This does not mean that you do not stand a chance, however, I suggest you additionally look into programs of a similar stature, maybe with higher acceptance rates such as Duke Fuqua, Michigan Ross and Kellogg.

If you are interested in the health field, Kellog have what they call a “healthcare pathway” and Michigan Ross have a “healthcare management concentration”. Other schools also carry similar programs and specializations.

You should also checkout our free MBA chances estimation calculator. It is a great tool for those who are unsure of their options.

Good luck
Georgia
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
aroraishita02 wrote:
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 9.0(one of the toppers of my stream)
10th : CGPA 10 (95%)
12th : CGPA 9.3 (88%)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Post MBA goals: Consulting.

Thank you for your help.

There are very few business schools that offer an MBA in Consulting. However, there are plenty that offer specializations in strategy, such as Harvard, Washington Olin and Georgetown McDonough.

Columbia Business School, Kellogg and Chicago Booth all have a high percentage of MBA graduates who enter the consulting field. Be aware that Columbia's admission deadlines are slightly different from other schools.

Your GMAT score and past work experience are both impressive.

I suggest you check out our specializations page https://aringo.com/mba-specializations/ or our free MBA chances estimation calculator.

Good luck
Georgia
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey,

I am planning on applying for the MBA program starting Fall 2020. I would love to hear feedback on my profile. Don’t hold back!

Background:

I am 26-years-old, Indian male and spend most of my life in East Africa; ranging from Kenya to Tanzania and currently, I am residing in Ethiopia. Although I am born in India, I've lived there less than 3 years. Most of my teenage years I've been jumping around from Dubai, USA, Kenya, Tanzania and Ethiopia. Most of my high-schooling was done in Tanzania and Ethiopia.

Academic Qualifications:

1) Completed my BSc in Environmental Science at University of York, UK. GPA equivalent of 3.20
2) M.S, Columbia University, USA, GPA 3.7

GMAT: 730

Work Experience (earliest to latest):

- Environmental Affairs Intern at United Nations Environmental Program in Ethiopia
- Intern at government organization dealing with early weather warning and development services in Ethiopia
- Project management Intern at a marine conservation NGO in South Africa. Led several research studies and teams of 5-6.
- Senior Financial Analyst at an NGO in New York. Started off as an intern and was promoted to Financial Analyst and within 7 months received another promotion to Senior Financial Analyst.
- Auditing Intern at one of the leading auditing firms in Ethiopia.
- Currently transitioning to an organization dealing with improving food security and climate change adaptation in low-income households.

Total WE: 36 months

Extra-curricular:

-Climbed the summit of Mt. Meru and Mt. Kilimanjaro (largest free-standing mountain in the world).
-Toastmasters member (helps individuals become competent public speakers), following a pathways program aimed at strengthening leadership qualities
- Volunteer at an orphanage in Ethiopia, assisting children with their homework, tutoring, and main point of contact for older students applying for scholarships for their further studies overseas. Additionally, I coach the junior football team at the school.
- Led a team of 6 and completed a comprehensive study looking at the human impacts on Ethiopian Wolves (rarest canid wolf species in the world).
-Used to volunteer at Born Free (conservation management in Ethiopia)

Extras:

I speak English, Malayalam (native) and French (conversational)

Post MBA goals:

Return to Ethiopia and start a social enterprise that helps low-income households with food security by adopting sustainable agricultural practices.

Aiming for HBS, CBS, Stanford and open to other options that you think might fit my background.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Georgia,

Thanks for the response.I dont want to pursue healthcare management. I want to get into consulting giants like BCG, Mckinsey ,AT kearney etc. So I would be going for general MBA like in stanford gsb. Are ivy schools like - Yale,Sloan,Stern,Columbia within reach , should i apply to them for round 1 cycle ? Or can you suggest some colleges within realistic chances keeping in mind my aim stated above ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Divyam

Aringo wrote:
divmish786 wrote:
Hi guys,

Anything else?

Your GMAT score is impressive, and whilst we have had clients admitted to Stanford with much lower GMAT score, Stanford generally tends to be very selective. This does not mean that you do not stand a chance, however, I suggest you additionally look into programs of a similar stature, maybe with higher acceptance rates such as Duke Fuqua, Michigan Ross and Kellogg.

If you are interested in the health field, Kellog have what they call a “healthcare pathway” and Michigan Ross have a “healthcare management concentration”. Other schools also carry similar programs and specializations.

You should also checkout our [free MBA chances estimation calculator[]. It is a great tool for those who are unsure of their options.

Good luck
Georgia
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: Q169 V150
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian female with 1.5 years work experience (will have 3 by the time I join college).
Company: Exl Service (Senior Business Analyst)
Undergraduate: NIT Kurukshetra
GMAT: 740
CGPA: 8.5 ( Based on 10-grade point scale used in my college)

Pros:
1. I have been helping my father in expanding his manufacturing business for a year now.
2. Good communication and people skills
3. Will be able to get good recommendations
4. Good academic record
5. I am starting my own niche within my family business.

Cons:
1. Less work experience than average
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello Gama14

While you have a good GMAT score and experience in family business, I'd recommend waiting another year before applying.
This will give you enough time to grow at work (you will be competing with people who have spend more time in the industry and due to that might have better career progress/achievements).
Also, spend this time working on extracurricular activities (of which I see no mention) and building more specific career goals (again no mention here)- there is a lot to work on here.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
https://gmatclub.com/chat- +918452954888
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Gama14 wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian female with 1.5 years work experience (will have 3 by the time I join college).
Company: Exl Service (Senior Business Analyst)
Undergraduate: NIT Kurukshetra
GMAT: 740
CGPA: 8.5 ( Based on 10-grade point scale used in my college)

Pros:
1. I have been helping my father in expanding his manufacturing business for a year now.
2. Good communication and people skills
3. Will be able to get good recommendations
4. Good academic record
5. I am starting my own niche within my family business.

Cons:
1. Less work experience than average
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
divmish786 wrote:
Hi Georgia,

Thanks for the response.I dont want to pursue healthcare management. I want to get into consulting giants like BCG, Mckinsey ,AT kearney etc. So I would be going for general MBA like in stanford gsb. Are ivy schools like - Yale,Sloan,Stern,Columbia within reach , should i apply to them for round 1 cycle ? Or can you suggest some colleges within realistic chances keeping in mind my aim stated above ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Divyam

Aringo wrote:
divmish786 wrote:
Hi guys,

Anything else?

You should also checkout our [free MBA chances estimation calculator[]. It is a great tool for those who are unsure of their options.

Good luck
Georgia

Yale's average GMAT score is around 727, Sloan's is 722, Stern's is 714 and Columbia's is 724. So you do have a chance of acceptance. However, it does depend on all the other aspects of your application. These programs also seem to have similar acceptance rates to the schools that I mentioned earlier, Duke Fuqua, Michigan Ross and Kellogg.

Again, our free MBA chances estimation calculator is great. It might be worth spending some time using it to estimate your acceptance chances.

Georgia
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Friends,

Thanks for helping all MBA aspirants. Request you to evaluate my profile. I am sharing the significant information.

Educational details:

10th and 12th from NCERT board in 1999 and 2001 respectively with 76% and 62% marks.

BCA from UCBS, HPU, Shimla in 2004 with 68% and MCA from HPU Shimla with 70% marks.

Professional details:

May’07 to May, 2009 – Programmer – worked on Java and oracle technologies and also provided support for in-house built ERP system. Also, worked as core member from the manufacturing location for SAP implementation and rollout.

Jun’09 to Jun’10 – Executive: Business Engagement & Support Team – assisted Head -Cement Manufacturing Location with key inputs through reporting & MIS. Part of SAP SD team for upgrade from SAP ERP 4.6 to SAP ECC 6.

Jul’10 to Mar’14– Sr. Executive – Worked into business analytics and various IT initiatives from business side

Apr’14 till date – Assistant Manager - developed business analytics tools to support senior management (CMO & Head – Business Strategy). Also working with Head Digital on various Digital initiatives.

Areas of interest:

With overall experience of 12 years and working in business analytics and digital initiatives for last 7 years, I want to move to consulting function. I am also open for marketing & sales function.

Personal details:

Happily married and blessed with a son.

GMAT: Enrolled in a classroom coaching programme and preparing for the GMAT. Plan is to take GMAT by 15th Jun.

The big question: With 12 years of experience and the experienced described as above will IIMA PGPX or IIM B ePGP or ISB PGP be suitable?

Please share your th
oughts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Friends,

Thanks for helping all MBA aspirants. Request you to evaluate my profile. I am sharing the significant information.

Educational details:

10th and 12th from NCERT board in 1999 and 2001 respectively with 76% and 62% marks.

BCA from UCBS, HPU, Shimla in 2004 with 68% and MCA from HPU Shimla with 70% marks.

Active member of event organizing committee in college & university; and also worked as Team manager for state level team for one seam in Nation Cycle Polo event.

Professional details:

May’07 to May, 2009 – Programmer – worked on Java and oracle technologies and also provided support for in-house built ERP system. Also, worked as core member from the manufacturing location for SAP implementation and rollout.

Jun’09 to Jun’10 – Executive: Business Engagement & Support Team – assisted Head -Cement Manufacturing Location with key inputs through reporting & MIS. Part of SAP SD team for upgrade from SAP ERP 4.6 to SAP ECC 6.

Jul’10 to Mar’14– Sr. Executive – Worked into business analytics and various IT initiatives from business side

Apr’14 till date – Assistant Manager - developed business analytics tools to support senior management (CMO & Head – Business Strategy). Also working with Head Digital on various Digital initiatives.

Areas of interest:

With overall experience of 12 years and working in business analytics and digital initiatives for last 7 years, I want to move to consulting function. I am also open for marketing function.

Personal details:

Happily married and blessed with a son.

GMAT: Enrolled in a classroom coaching programme and preparing for the GMAT. Plan is to take GMAT by 15th Jun.

The big question: With 12 years of experience and the experienced described as above will IIMA PGPX or IIM B ePGP or ISB PGP be suitable?

Please share your thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Background and nationality - Indian.
Undergrad Information -
BCA - 68%
MCA - 70%
GMAT: Planning in Jun., 2019 with a target of 750
Work experience and leadership - Working in a Cement Manufacturing MNC with total experience of 12 years in corporate team. Working into business strategy & digital initiatives. Worked with teams from other countries as well on few projects.
Community and others - Work with Ambuja Cement Foundation.
Post MBA goals - Want to go for career in consulting.

Please help me to evaluate my profile for IIMA - PGPX / IIMB - EPGP / ISB PGP program.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am wondering if I should retake my GMAT

I got a 710 (90th percentile) but my quant score is a 47 (61st Percentile)

My GPA is a 4.9/5.0 for both my bachelors and my masters in computer science and engineering from MIT.

I would be applying 2+2 to HBS/Stanford GSB
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi gsbdreamer, HBS really likes a 49 for quant and I do believe it would benefit you to retake if you feel you could bump it to that number. However, your background does assure them you can succeed in the classroom. So I''m afraid I can't give you an accurate responses from this information; we would need to look at your citizenship/diversity factors to look at what a competitive score would be for your profile group.

If you are overrepresented, without question, retake. AND..make sure to create space on your schedule to do a bang up job on the applications: a good GMAT is wholly insufficient to get an invite to these schools, they require a great depth of introspection to create compelling content. I have an HBS 2+2 profile evaluation thread in the HBS forum if you would like a deeper assessment.

Cheers, Farrell

gsbdreamer wrote:
I am wondering if I should retake my GMAT

I got a 710 (90th percentile) but my quant score is a 47 (61st Percentile)

My GPA is a 4.9/5.0 for both my bachelors and my masters in computer science and engineering from MIT.

I would be applying 2+2 to HBS/Stanford GSB
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
For those of you targeting deferred admissions programs, MIT is now on the bandwagon more publically. Deadline 4/8; info sesh 4/1. Register: https://applymitsloan.mit.edu/register/MBAEarlyChatApril2019
I have noted links/deadlines for all the top deferred MBA admission programs available to the public at large on https://mbaessaycoaching.com/top-program-deadlines/
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
Stanford and Tuck Moderator
57 posts
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts