GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 04:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 16:14
1
Hi guys. For anyone that didn’t receive that email just a bit ago, the Consortium covers travel expenses for all new members and not just Fellows for OP


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 75
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 17:11
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Hi guys. For anyone that didn’t receive that email just a bit ago, the Consortium covers travel expenses for all new members and not just Fellows for OP


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


But if you decide not to attend the school that granted you the fellowship does the consortium also pick up the cost?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jan 2018
Posts: 22
Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 700 Q40 V45
GPA: 3.45
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 17:19
1
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
PierrechonWerbecque wrote:
Hi guys. For anyone that didn’t receive that email just a bit ago, the Consortium covers travel expenses for all new members and not just Fellows for OP


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


But if you decide not to attend the school that granted you the fellowship does the consortium also pick up the cost?


No you must enroll in a consortium school I believe.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 189
Location: United States (NY)
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Mar 2018, 22:11
So The Consortium wants me to register/submit paperwork for OP by April 15th... but my two Consortium schools have deadlines of April 27th...
_________________

Please give KUDOS if this post was helpful!

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Feb 2016
Posts: 13
Location: United States (FL)
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.11
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 05:30
Anybody hear back from McDonough regarding fellowship??
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q158 V158
GPA: 3
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 05:47
couayoro wrote:
Anybody hear back from McDonough regarding fellowship??


I heard back last week and based on the emails it was announced to most folks last week. If you go back to your Consortium VIP page you'll find the info for the offers on membership or fellowship.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jul 2016
Posts: 21
Location: United States (NY)
GRE 1: Q160 V165
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 05:57
couayoro wrote:
Anybody hear back from McDonough regarding fellowship??


I don't think McDonough informed me but I have membership from checking the Consortium website. The email responses I've been getting from McDonough haven't been super helpful.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Mar 2018
Posts: 22
Location: United States (MN)
GRE 1: Q160 V156
GPA: 3.95
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 15:41
Does anyone know if we are assigned roommates at OP? I'm assuming yes.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 16:10
BirdLaw wrote:
Does anyone know if we are assigned roommates at OP? I'm assuming yes.


Yes. With a roommate.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2018, 04:42
Got my official Consortium acceptance letter yesterday.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 75
Location: United States (NY)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2018, 21:01
Anyone thinking of or already apply for MLT PD? I applied R2 and am waiting to hear back, but now have a conflict for the Core Skills weekend april 12-14 because of an admitted students weekend for one Consortium Program...
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2017
Posts: 90
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.35
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2018, 15:39
1
QuestioningMeaning wrote:
Anyone thinking of or already apply for MLT PD? I applied R2 and am waiting to hear back, but now have a conflict for the Core Skills weekend april 12-14 because of an admitted students weekend for one Consortium Program...


I didn’t see the value add. I had already applied for Toigo and with the OP and on campus recruiting, I am going to get plenty of face time with my target companies


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Dec 2017
Posts: 25
Location: United States (TX)
Schools: Jones '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.53
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2018, 10:35
Hello all!

I'm a traditional applicant to Jones/Rice from round 2; thankfully, despite Rice being my only consideration, I gained admission, have paid my deposit, and anxiously await the fall. Rice is a new member school to CGSM, and the class of 2020 will contain its first cohort. In the last week, Rice referred me to the Consortium, and I received a modified application for direct nomination this morning.

My questions: is anyone else in a similar position to me, where he or she applied traditionally but received nomination from his or her school? Next, if my application is accepted to the Consortium, will I still be considered for fellowship, despite my very late entry? Lastly, does acceptance into the Consortium and a member school automatically garner fellowship?

Thankfully, I have a sizable merit scholarship to cover the majority of school, but a fellowship would obviously take me further, both personally and financially. Plus, it would be awesome if my merit scholarship could be distributed to some other deserving candidate. I've only a few days to provide my application and desire to keep course with as much knowledge as possible. I appreciate you all allowing me to think aloud.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Aug 2017
Posts: 13
Location: United States (IL)
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2018, 10:44
1
texasteacher wrote:
Hello all!

I'm a traditional applicant to Jones/Rice from round 2; thankfully, despite Rice being my only consideration, I gained admission, have paid my deposit, and anxiously await the fall. Rice is a new member school to CGSM, and the class of 2020 will contain its first cohort. In the last week, Rice referred me to the Consortium, and I received a modified application for direct nomination this morning.

My questions: is anyone else in a similar position to me, where he or she applied traditionally but received nomination from his or her school? Next, if my application is accepted to the Consortium, will I still be considered for fellowship, despite my very late entry? Lastly, does acceptance into the Consortium and a member school automatically garner fellowship?

Thankfully, I have a sizable merit scholarship to cover the majority of school, but a fellowship would obviously take me further, both personally and financially. Plus, it would be awesome if my merit scholarship could be distributed to some other deserving candidate. I've only a few days to provide my application and desire to keep course with as much knowledge as possible. I appreciate you all allowing me to think aloud.


1. Since the school nominated you, it shouldn’t be a problem to get the Consortium membership. They will probably make you write the membership essays to see if you plan to fit the mission. Consortium meme era had to apply to the school and the Consortium.

2. Gaining membership doesn’t guarantee the fellowship. But that is also based upon the school. Consortium doesn’t award the fellowships. The school does. So you would have to talk to Rice about that if Consortium grants you membership.

Either way, you should move quickly seeing as though there are some prep for the Consortium OP that you would have to meet. I would reach out to the Consortium and Rice ASAP to know your next steps.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 May 2018
Posts: 8
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2018, 23:10
Can you give some examples of actions and activities that you feel are consistent with consortium mission? I need this for my cousin I do not have time to help him as I am dealing with dissertation writing services uk .Please help
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Sep 2017
Posts: 19
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 16:31
Is the Common LOR the same as the LOR for Consortium? It seems to be the case but wanted to make sure.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Posts: 6
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Premium Member
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 14:37
Hi all, is there an inherent benefit in attending the MAPS event? Thinking of attending in person. But not sure if worth it. Any first hand experience?

Sent from my Z982 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2018
Posts: 5
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2018, 00:08
Thanks for this thread. I will be applying to the Consortium in Round 1. Schools are Tuck, Yale, Haas, Darden, and Ross. I wish you all the best.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! &nbs [#permalink] 31 Jul 2018, 00:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   [ 558 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.