GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 16:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: HKU MBA"19 (A)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2017, 18:36
hey, mine lasted for more than an hour. why mba was not even in the picture.
Delhi round
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.53

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2017, 22:51
For Indians, I think the last interview call was till 24th. ISB come up with the final list of accepted candidates on 5th March.
Intern
Intern
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 16:56
With a score of 730 and quite decent work ex, ISB rejected me twice (without interview). I hope and wish that I'll improve so much next time that ISB won't be good enough for me.

Can anyone suggest how risky is it to go for MBA in US right now, got few admits over there from top 50 schools. But a bit scared to move to US because of the current political atmosphere over there. What is the situation about placements of Indian students?
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 16:59
indian123 wrote:
With a score of 730 and quite decent work ex, ISB rejected me twice (without interview). I hope and wish that I'll improve so much next time that ISB won't be good enough for me.

Can anyone suggest how risky is it to go for MBA in US right now, got few admits over there from top 50 schools. But a bit scared to move to US because of the current political atmosphere over there. What is the situation about placements of Indian students?

Can you post your detail profile? Also the schools you got admit in. I am not an expert but can provide my feedback.
Manager
Manager
“When you are at ISB , you’ve hit the Formulae 1 Circuit” – Rahine & G  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 22:00
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: “When you are at ISB , you’ve hit the Formulae 1 Circuit” – Rahine & Gaurav
Business school competitions are a great avenue to test yourselves against the best. Participating in these through the year at ISB can be a very useful addition to your self-development initiatives.

Though competitions aren’t always directly relevant or helpful during placements, they can be a useful talking point during interviews and a way to showcase your willingness to go beyond what’s required of you.

Given the demanding nature of ISB’s curriculum, it can be hard to make time for competitions. One approach that has worked for some of us is to choose competitions that are aligned to our career goals and invest time in events that offer greater learning value. This also helped us stay updated with the economic and political developments around the world , and truly speaking we can now give Wikipedia a tough competition 

Don’t spread yourself too thin. The numbers will be different for each one of us, but try to strike a balance between breadth across a number of events and intensity of effort in each one of them to maximize your takeaways and wins. Trust , you will enjoy every bit of the grind and the pressures to keep up with the timelines. At least, for us, we started enjoying participating and winning . For us , it provided the adrenaline rush to see ISB s name on top of the list across the various national platforms.

ISB is filled with incredibly talented folks from diverse backgrounds, and every competition has varying demands. It is very easy to make the mistake of staying within your comfort zone and targeting competitions with the same set of 2-3 friends. By doing this, not only do you reduce your chances of winning, you also miss out on the opportunity of collaborating with classmates who you may otherwise never have a chance to work with.

A final word of caution: competitions can be intense and involve a lot of hard work. Take up group events only when you are absolutely sure of your commitment to the task. Leaving your team mates hanging and not showing up when the team needs you is completely unacceptable. The bonds that you build with your classmates and the reputation that you hold among your peers are the biggest takeaways you will have in your ISB journey. Do not risk losing it by a show of insincerity and indifference.

Work together and carry forward the glowing name of ISB. There’s no feeling like the winning feeling, and at ISB winning is a habit. So, as the title suggests, you need to believe that you’ve hit the F1 circuit and speed is just a number …

Go break the limits !!!!

About the authors

Rahine Bose, ISB Class of 2017

Rahine has worked for over 9 years at ICICI Bank before joining ISBs PGP program and in his last role was the Chief Manager & Regional Head for businesses in Kolkata region specifically handling institutional and government clients . He has led many digital transaction initiatives of the bank in West Bengal . Rahine , is a passionate writer and has authored various papers on banking sector reforms in India.

Name – Gaurav Jha, ISB Class of 2017

Gaurav is the President of the Public Policy Club at Indian School of Business and an Economics and Engineering graduate from BITS Pilani. He has previously worked at JPMorgan Corporate & Investment Bank and holds keen interest in the interface of business and policy. He has also been a writer for a Data Science start-up, Social Cops and published 4 papers in international journals.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager
“When you are at ISB , you’ve hit the Formulae 1 Circuit” – Rahine & G  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2017, 00:00
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: “When you are at ISB , you’ve hit the Formulae 1 Circuit” – Rahine & Gaurav
Business school competitions are a great avenue to test yourselves against the best. Participating in these through the year at ISB can be a very useful addition to your self-development initiatives.

Though competitions aren’t always directly relevant or helpful during placements, they can be a useful talking point during interviews and a way to showcase your willingness to go beyond what’s required of you.

Given the demanding nature of ISB’s curriculum, it can be hard to make time for competitions. One approach that has worked for some of us is to choose competitions that are aligned to our career goals and invest time in events that offer greater learning value. This also helped us stay updated with the economic and political developments around the world , and truly speaking we can now give Wikipedia a tough competition 

Don’t spread yourself too thin. The numbers will be different for each one of us, but try to strike a balance between breadth across a number of events and intensity of effort in each one of them to maximize your takeaways and wins. Trust , you will enjoy every bit of the grind and the pressures to keep up with the timelines. At least, for us, we started enjoying participating and winning . For us , it provided the adrenaline rush to see ISB s name on top of the list across the various national platforms.

ISB is filled with incredibly talented folks from diverse backgrounds, and every competition has varying demands. It is very easy to make the mistake of staying within your comfort zone and targeting competitions with the same set of 2-3 friends. By doing this, not only do you reduce your chances of winning, you also miss out on the opportunity of collaborating with classmates who you may otherwise never have a chance to work with.

A final word of caution: competitions can be intense and involve a lot of hard work. Take up group events only when you are absolutely sure of your commitment to the task. Leaving your team mates hanging and not showing up when the team needs you is completely unacceptable. The bonds that you build with your classmates and the reputation that you hold among your peers are the biggest takeaways you will have in your ISB journey. Do not risk losing it by a show of insincerity and indifference.

Work together and carry forward the glowing name of ISB. There’s no feeling like the winning feeling, and at ISB winning is a habit. So, as the title suggests, you need to believe that you’ve hit the F1 circuit and speed is just a number …

Go break the limits !!!!

About the authors

Rahine Bose, ISB Class of 2017

Rahine has worked for over 9 years at ICICI Bank before joining ISBs PGP program and in his last role was the Chief Manager & Regional Head for businesses in Kolkata region specifically handling institutional and government clients . He has led many digital transaction initiatives of the bank in West Bengal . Rahine , is a passionate writer and has authored various papers on banking sector reforms in India.

Name – Gaurav Jha, ISB Class of 2017

Gaurav is the President of the Public Policy Club at Indian School of Business and an Economics and Engineering graduate from BITS Pilani. He has previously worked at JPMorgan Corporate & Investment Bank and holds keen interest in the interface of business and policy. He has also been a writer for a Data Science start-up, Social Cops and published 4 papers in international journals.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 15:01
Hello All,

What is the best time to take GMAT to get into ISB?
will it be possible to apply the application this year (2017), If i give my GMAT in June 2nd week 2017.
Please advice, It would be very helpful, if someone could assist me in detail. thank you in advance.
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 03:43
pavan1992 wrote:
Hello All,

What is the best time to take GMAT to get into ISB?
will it be possible to apply the application this year (2017), If i give my GMAT in June 2nd week 2017.
Please advice, It would be very helpful, if someone could assist me in detail. thank you in advance.

ISB gives you the flexibility to appear for GMAT on the application deadline and apply with your test center score report. Though it's always preferred to get GMAT out of your way well in advance (~30 days)so that you can focus on your application completely as GMAT is only a part of your application.

IMO GMAT in June '17 is well in advance for R1 of deadline in September'17.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 04:44
indian123 wrote:

Hi indian123,

I feel you. You know I was talking to my friend about the same and he told me the case of Baiju. If you don't know, Baiju holds classes for competitive exams (now has an app). My friend attended his classes. During one of the sessions, he said that IIMs rejected him (due to his accent or something - don't remember the reason) and now he is at a position wherein he can reject them. MBA is a medium to achieve your goals into leadership/management roles but not the "only" medium. If you have that potential make it shine through your application and you can be next Baiju.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 06:46
Will the result be displayed on the website or will it be conveyed via email?
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 06:57
Shahuv123 wrote:
Will the result be displayed on the website or will it be conveyed via email?

I guess, both!

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 08:45
Any guesses on what time tomorrow?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 11:18
bb10 wrote:
Any guesses on what time tomorrow?

Someone previously mentioned in this forum that the results generally come out after 3pm

Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 12:27
Can someone see the source code? Do you guys see something there?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 13:18
arpitbang wrote:

Nothing as of now

Manager
Manager
B
Schools: HKU MBA"19 (A)

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 22:05
deepds wrote:
arpitbang wrote:

Nothing as of now

what is the source code?
Current Student
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2017, 23:29
Guys it seems the results are out. All the best!
Please post if you have seen your result. I am still waiting

Retired Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 00:01
Results out on the portal
Current Student
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.41
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 00:11
bb10 wrote:

Hi, can you post the link?
Retired Moderator
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 00:13
aurko wrote:
bb10 wrote:

Hi, can you post the link?

Go to your admissions portal yo!
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 05 Mar 2017, 00:13

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35    Next  [ 690 posts ] 

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap