Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Same here! I received the same email- generic boring one :( put in such a lot of effort for my apps. Do not know what is driving away the adcoms from my application :( my employment gap is a big issue that I cannot save myself from.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hey!!!! I just got an interview invite from Mccombs!!!!! :D :D
Super Excited about this one!!!!
This means there still is possibility guys! dont loose hope!! :D
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Manu379 wrote:

Congratulations! I don’t mean to say I told you so...but I told you so.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
Manu379 wrote:

haha! you sure did mate ... thanks a ton :-D
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
FuturePM91 wrote:
Manu379 wrote:

FuturePM91 , how about me? Should I be hopeful now? :P :-D
Director
Director
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:
Manu379 wrote:

Haha! Of course!!

Just finished my interview. I think it went well. If you just prepare by knowing your goals, your motivations behind those goals, why McCombs, and the details of you application you should do well. I had two behavioral questions and the rest just focused on what I listed above.

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
I got an interview invite as well at midnight IST!..Quite excited!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [1]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
rahulanand3011 wrote:

Congratulations Rahul...and best of luck for the interview.

Looks like another wave of invites...
Current Student
Send PM
A query to my fellow applicants though-Is it better to interview with the adcom or with the alumni?..The Bangalore hub date left is 5th December (with admissions officer) while alumni interviews should be completed by 22nd Novemeber. Is there a disadvantage if I interview later in the cycle?

Any experience which you can share in this regard or feedback would be greatly appreciated:)

Regards
Rahul
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:

Haha! Of course!!

Just finished my interview. I think it went well. If you just prepare by knowing your goals, your motivations behind those goals, why McCombs, and the details of you application you should do well. I had two behavioral questions and the rest just focused on what I listed above.

Awesome...
Thank you for the review ...
Best of Luck for the results ...
Current Student
Send PM
mihir0710 wrote:
rahulanand3011 wrote:

Congratulations Rahul...and best of luck for the interview.

Looks like another wave of invites...

Thanks a lot Mihir:)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Send PM
rahulanand3011 wrote:
A query to my fellow applicants though-Is it better to interview with the adcom or with the alumni?..The Bangalore hub date left is 5th December (with admissions officer) while alumni interviews should be completed by 22nd November. Is there a disadvantage if I interview later in the cycle?

Any experience which you can share in this regard or feedback would be greatly appreciated:)

Regards
Rahul

By the time u receive any feedback from others, I would suggest that you check last years chats and reviews of people who were interviewed by adcom and alums...
My view is alum interviews are longer and more conversational (less orchestrated) ...thus giving you more time to express yourself ..
Director
Director
Send PM
mihir0710 wrote:
rahulanand3011 wrote:
A query to my fellow applicants though-Is it better to interview with the adcom or with the alumni?..The Bangalore hub date left is 5th December (with admissions officer) while alumni interviews should be completed by 22nd November. Is there a disadvantage if I interview later in the cycle?

Regards
Rahul

By the time u receive any feedback from others, I would suggest that you check last years chats and reviews of people who were interviewed by adcom and alums...
My view is alum interviews are longer and more conversational (less orchestrated) ...thus giving you more time to express yourself ..

I interviewed with an alum and I can confirm that it was less orchestrated as described. I think an ad com would make me more nervous.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Concentration: Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

I had my mccombs interview with an alumni earlier this week. Interview went well and got a very positive response to my thank you letter. Ultimately, I felt that interview sealed the deal, but of course, we’ll see!

Couple things I took away. If you interview with alumni, be aware the interviews be in a quiet room or very busy area. If distractions mess with your nerves don’t risk setting up an alumni interview. I interviewed at google campus at a bench with many people eating close by. It didn’t bother me, but I think some people would not prefer this situation.

On the flip side, my interviewer basically started out with “I’m supposed to ask you specific questions but we can get to those later. How are you doing??”. May have just been my interviewer, but I’ve heard similar stories about alums.

Also, with Texas interviews you can pick your alumni interviewer. Do research on their LinkedIn! If you draw blanks in the interview you can always ask a questions pertaining to their background.

Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
mihir0710 wrote:
rahulanand3011 wrote:

Regards
Rahul

Thanks for the feedback.I did go through last years chats on this forum and found that most of them quite enjoyed their alumni interview experience.However,for Indians,I did not find too many alumni interviews.A lot of round 1 Indian applicants interviewed with the admissions officer and seem to have had a good experience too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Insurance)
Send PM