It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 09:17

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Schools: Kelley '20 (A)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 14:53
abhimahna

Hi,

I see views from Texas :) But no invite yet. Everything happened between 27-30th. Hope this helps?

Should I be hopeful?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 967 [0], given: 69

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 22:46
heya123 wrote:
abhimahna

Hi,

I see views from Texas :) But no invite yet. Everything happened between 27-30th. Hope this helps?

Should I be hopeful?

Thank you for confirming. I donot see any views from Texas yet. Though, I could see someone from California watched my video on 28th and 30th Oct. Not sure whether it was someone among the adcom members.

I believe let's be hopeful (though my mind says Not to) :P

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 04:47
Same here, a view from texas on 26. But bo call. I have already assumed a dinge. Whats the point of sticking on to the probability of less than 5% ( maybe ) ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 22

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 09:05
Does anyone have reliable data that indicates your chance of admission to McCombs if you've made it to the Interview stage? Or approximate number of R1 applicants VS number of R1 invites they actually send out? Would be curious to know if anyone has insight.. question is under assumption that the interview goes well of course :thumbup:

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 4

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2017, 14:46
Just had my interview with a local alumni. Overall, it is very casual and conversational. She did not get a chance to review my resume even though I sent it to her in advance. So there was not a lot of questions about my resume.

1. Why my current position
2. Why Mccombs
3. Why MBA
4. Why now
5. Career goals
6. What other programs are you applying

Board of Directors
D

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2017, 21:45
Finally my video was watched by someone from Texas but no interview invite yet. :fingers_crossed:

BSchool Forum Moderator
P

Kudos [?]: 228 [0], given: 200

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 21:00
So, I guess the invites have literally stopped!!!
How many of us are still waiting (& HOPING) to hear back from McCombs ?
Does anyone have any idea about whether McCombs provide a feedback for dings ?

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

Kudos [?]: 228 [0], given: 200

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 179

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 22:29
Hey Guys,

Do we need to submit any proof to avail TOEFL waiver for McCombs? I am an Indian and did my UG from a college where English was the medium of instruction.

Kindly advise. :-)

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 179

1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 967 [1], given: 69

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2017, 23:05
This post received
KUDOS
mihir0710 wrote:

I have started loosing hopes now. :( :cry:

As far as I know, they do not provide feedback for dings.

pikolo2510 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Do we need to submit any proof to avail TOEFL waiver for McCombs? I am an Indian and did my UG from a college where English was the medium of instruction.

You just have to mention that your undergraduate was from English Medium university. You are done. :)

Kudos [?]: 967 [1], given: 69

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 07:06
abhimahna wrote:
mihir0710 wrote:

I have started loosing hopes now. :( :cry:

As far as I know, they do not provide feedback for dings.

pikolo2510 wrote:
Hey Guys,

You just have to mention that your undergraduate was from English Medium university. You are done. :)

Don't know when will the invites be out. I see many of us are waiting and though its already very late, I hope we all get the invite soon.

I wrote such wonderful essays and from the very beginning I was confident that I will get an invite. Though I am nervous now, but still can't allow the thought of getting a ding..

Hope everything goes well.. Good luck everyone.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 38

Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 08:15
ShantanuSinha wrote:

Don't know when will the invites be out. I see many of us are waiting and though its already very late, I hope we all get the invite soon.

I wrote such wonderful essays and from the very beginning I was confident that I will get an invite. Though I am nervous now, but still can't allow the thought of getting a ding..

Hope everything goes well.. Good luck everyone.

I definitely felt the same for some schools that I did not get invited to, actually, I haven't gotten invites from any of the schools that I deemed to be my best essays. So, I think it just goes to show that it is very difficult to predict what will happen.

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 38

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2017, 09:54
Does anyone know if there is a way to check if your interviewer has submitted her feedback yet? Will there be any notifications?

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 257 [1], given: 37

Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 07:38
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Interviewed yesterday with an Admission Committee member. It was very conversational and overall a pleasant experience. The interviewer was familiar with my resume but had not seen the other parts of my application. Some of the questions were similar to the ones listed my others here but mostly revolved around why I wanted to do an MBA and how I will look to contribute while at McCombs. Good luck to everyone yet to interview and those still waiting for an invite!

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Kudos [?]: 257 [1], given: 37

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 10:06
vomhorizon wrote:
Interviewed yesterday with an Admission Committee member. It was very conversational and overall a pleasant experience. The interviewer was familiar with my resume but had not seen the other parts of my application. Some of the questions were similar to the ones listed my others here but mostly revolved around why I wanted to do an MBA and how I will look to contribute while at McCombs. Good luck to everyone yet to interview and those still waiting for an invite!

Cool, thanks for sharing your experience! Did you do any of the optional class/campus activities as well, or just the interview?

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 10:10
Top Contributor
kummere wrote:

Cool, thanks for sharing your experience! Did you do any of the optional class/campus activities as well, or just the interview?

Unfortunately, my schedule in November was packed with work related travel so I couldn't visit Austin and interview there. I interviewed at one of the Hub locations.

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 37

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 10:13
vomhorizon wrote:
kummere wrote:

Unfortunately, my schedule in November was packed with work related travel so I couldn't visit Austin and interview there. I interviewed at one of the Hub locations.

Ah, gotcha. Well best of luck to you!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.72
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2017, 19:17
vomhorizon wrote:

Thanks for the feedback!I also have an interview coming up with an admissions officer.Although the website says all interviews are blind,I am not so sure if that is the case with an adcom member too. Did he/she clearly state that he had not gone through any other aspect of your file?..Just a little curious about this!

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 18

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q42 V50
WE: General Management (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 00:28
This post received
KUDOS
rahulanand3011 wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:

Thanks for the feedback!I also have an interview coming up with an admissions officer.Although the website says all interviews are blind,I am not so sure if that is the case with an adcom member too. Did he/she clearly state that he had not gone through any other aspect of your file?..Just a little curious about this!

Texas MBA official blog states that interviewer only has access to the resume, and there no clarficiations for any specific types of interview (alumni/adcom). and it really makes sense for the process to be the same across all types of interviews and interviewers.

Kudos [?]: 6 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 00:30
Interviewed on: 2017/10/31
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 750, Q42, V50
WE: 149 months
Industry: Insurance
Invited on: 2017/10/17
Interviewed on: 2017/10/31

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 00:32
Does anybody have an idea of what % of people get invited to the interview? out of all applicants? Decision tracker shows 16/60 but it doesn't make sense, because admission rate is roughly 25%. so interview invitation rate has to be less than that.

Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2017, 00:32

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  16    Next  [ 302 posts ] 

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap