It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 05:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Posts: 445

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 199

Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 01:36
mrsonmax wrote:
Does anybody have an idea of what % of people get invited to the interview? out of all applicants? Decision tracker shows 16/60 but it doesn't make sense, because admission rate is roughly 25%. so interview invitation rate has to be less than that.


Hi there,

Please check on the last year’s table at the first page of this thread ..u will get a better picture..

This year’s data is still raw (& incomplete) as the admissions process is still going and thus may not give the best idea about the rates of admits and interviews..

Hope that answers ur question.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 199

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
S
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 323

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 35

Location: United States (GA)
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2017, 08:02
mrsonmax wrote:
Does anybody have an idea of what % of people get invited to the interview? out of all applicants? Decision tracker shows 16/60 but it doesn't make sense, because admission rate is roughly 25%. so interview invitation rate has to be less than that.



I am not sure what you mean...if they admit 25% of the applicant pool, they would have to interview more than 25% of the applicant pool to get to the 25% admissions rate. Your chances of getting admitted after interview according to historical gmatclub data is about 50% so they should interview roughly 50% of applicants. However, not everyone updates their tracker so it might take awhile for us to see exactly how many interviewed.

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 35

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 363

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 37

Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 08:31
Top Contributor
They obviously think invited applicants have a strong application and would be a good fit into the program. That said if we want to go wonk and try to gauge the likelihood of being accepted if selected there is some data (sourced from Gmatclub) out there that may be able to help -

http://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... t-and-gpa/
_________________

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 37

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Oct 2017
Posts: 15

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2017, 12:53
Hi guys,
Any more possibilities for interview invites? or.....
What do you all think of the chances?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Posts: 445

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 199

Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 06:56
heya123 wrote:
Hi guys,
Any more possibilities for interview invites? or.....
What do you all think of the chances?


I seriously doubt that now ..


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Compilation of Blogs by Mike Mcgarry - Magoosh

Kudos [?]: 214 [0], given: 199

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2016
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.42
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 10:17
Just got done with the interview this week.

Now comes the dreaded waiting until December 19th when we hear the news. Who else has McCombs as their #1?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 5

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2017, 23:48
mihir0710 wrote:
heya123 wrote:
Hi guys,
Any more possibilities for interview invites? or.....
What do you all think of the chances?


I seriously doubt that now ..


A week back, I mailed Rodrigo Malta regarding invites and he mentioned "invites keep rolling through the round, though bulk of invites have been released".
However, as per last year's thread, I see no invites came after Nov 10th... Highly contrasting information...

So, it would be great if someone can mail him or anyone from admissions team and get an update...

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Feb 2017
Posts: 45

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 10:01
laytonjacobcox wrote:
Just got done with the interview this week.

Now comes the dreaded waiting until December 19th when we hear the news. Who else has McCombs as their #1?



Definitely me. McCombs is no.1 choice. But waiting for my interview invite..

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Board of Directors
User avatar
D
Status: Aiming MBA
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 2766

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Location: India
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 10:03
ShantanuSinha wrote:
laytonjacobcox wrote:
Just got done with the interview this week.

Now comes the dreaded waiting until December 19th when we hear the news. Who else has McCombs as their #1?



Definitely me. McCombs is no.1 choice. But waiting for my interview invite..


Add me in too. But waiting for the invite. :(
_________________

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 363

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 37

Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 10:39
Top Contributor
FWIW, the interview invite stated - "Please complete your interview as soon as possible and no later than November 22nd". This could potentially mean that there may be an additional batch of R-1 invites sent out for interviews towards the end of November, through early December. Looking into my interview invite from 2013, I actually got invited on 11/28 and by the time most hub options were unavailable hence I interviewed via Skype in early December.
_________________

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 37

Board of Directors
User avatar
D
Status: Aiming MBA
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 2766

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Location: India
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 10:43
vomhorizon wrote:
FWIW, the interview invite stated - "Please complete your interview as soon as possible and no later than November 22nd". This could potentially mean that there may be addition batch of R-1 invites sent out for interviews towards the end of November, through early December. Looking into my interview invite from 2013, I actually got one on 11/28 and by the time most hub options were unavailable hence I interviewed via Skype.


This could also mean that's the end of the game for those who are waiting and the time left after 22nd Nov until the decision notification is only for people interviewed.
_________________

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4686

Kudos [?]: 17652 [0], given: 1986

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 10:43

Kudos [?]: 17652 [0], given: 1986

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 363

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 37

Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 10:46
Top Contributor
abhimahna wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:
FWIW, the interview invite stated - "Please complete your interview as soon as possible and no later than November 22nd". This could potentially mean that there may be addition batch of R-1 invites sent out for interviews towards the end of November, through early December. Looking into my interview invite from 2013, I actually got one on 11/28 and by the time most hub options were unavailable hence I interviewed via Skype.


This could also mean that's the end of the game for those who are waiting and the time left after 22nd Nov until the decision notification is only for people interviewed.


Right. But there is still hope for folks still waiting. Hang in there! :-)
_________________

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 37

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.2
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2017, 12:52
abhimahna wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:
FWIW, the interview invite stated - "Please complete your interview as soon as possible and no later than November 22nd". This could potentially mean that there may be addition batch of R-1 invites sent out for interviews towards the end of November, through early December. Looking into my interview invite from 2013, I actually got one on 11/28 and by the time most hub options were unavailable hence I interviewed via Skype.


This could also mean that's the end of the game for those who are waiting and the time left after 22nd Nov until the decision notification is only for people interviewed.


I think there's a good chance additional interview invites go out after the 22nd. I would imagine it doesn't take a month for McCombs to evaluate profiles after all the interviews are conducted, they just want to have a first batch and then the second. Most of the interview invites went out on October 17th and were told to interview by November 22nd, it would make sense that they send out a smaller batch after the 22nd.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Board of Directors
User avatar
D
Status: Aiming MBA
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 2766

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Location: India
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 09:19
Okay, so they are coming to India.

You can register for the event here:

https://www.topmba.com/events/qs-world-mba-tour

P.S: I will ask them why didn't you call me yet. :P
_________________

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2017
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2017, 18:17
I think you might be right about a second round batch. Not sure how they count the data but the class of 2019 data on here shows 109 interview invites while so far for 2020 we only have 50 for round 1. Similar story for the submissions on ClearAdmit. Would make sense that maybe this year they're rolling out a second batch of interview invites later this month but who knows...

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Top Contributor
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Posts: 363

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 37

Location: United States
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.88
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2017, 13:42
Top Contributor
jackstraw11 wrote:
I think you might be right about a second round batch. Not sure how they count the data but the class of 2019 data on here shows 109 interview invites while so far for 2020 we only have 50 for round 1. Similar story for the submissions on ClearAdmit. Would make sense that maybe this year they're rolling out a second batch of interview invites later this month but who knows...


It may be worthwhile to look into last year's thread to see if they invited people towards the end of November.
_________________

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” - Eric Thomas

Kudos [?]: 247 [0], given: 37

Board of Directors
User avatar
D
Status: Aiming MBA
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 2766

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Location: India
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 01:45
vomhorizon wrote:
jackstraw11 wrote:
I think you might be right about a second round batch. Not sure how they count the data but the class of 2019 data on here shows 109 interview invites while so far for 2020 we only have 50 for round 1. Similar story for the submissions on ClearAdmit. Would make sense that maybe this year they're rolling out a second batch of interview invites later this month but who knows...


It may be worthwhile to look into last year's thread to see if they invited people towards the end of November.


I just did this job and found that there wasn't any invite after 10th Nov. I believe game over. :(
_________________

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Sep 2014
Posts: 60

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 5

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.65
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 02:06
abhimahna wrote:
vomhorizon wrote:
jackstraw11 wrote:
I think you might be right about a second round batch. Not sure how they count the data but the class of 2019 data on here shows 109 interview invites while so far for 2020 we only have 50 for round 1. Similar story for the submissions on ClearAdmit. Would make sense that maybe this year they're rolling out a second batch of interview invites later this month but who knows...


It may be worthwhile to look into last year's thread to see if they invited people towards the end of November.


I just did this job and found that there wasn't any invite after 10th Nov. I believe game over. :(



You could have just visited my previous post above.
But still 33 days left for the decision date. Too early to say 'game over'!

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 5

Board of Directors
User avatar
D
Status: Aiming MBA
Joined: 18 Jul 2015
Posts: 2766

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Location: India
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2017, 02:16
avdgmat4777 wrote:
You could have just visited my previous post above.
But still 33 days left for the decision date. Too early to say 'game over'!


I wish whatever you said comes true. But I want to point out that Adcoms will always say the same line to everyone. No one knows what is there behind the scenes.

I am waiting to get myself proved wrong. :)
_________________

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 916 [0], given: 67

Re: Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2017, 02:16

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 266 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all McCombs(UT Austin) Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.