Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:16 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GPA: 3.3
WE:Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
WE:Research (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
jiveshjuneja wrote:
I just got done with my interview with Marie. She said that I was one of the two candidates who would be pushed for the next round. It was very quick. The questions were very straightforward.
Here is the list of the questions.
1.) There are many candidates from India with high Gmat scores and great work profiles. What sets you apart?
2.) Name one current event that happened in Asia, and one outside of it
3.) Name three companies that have originated in Asia and have a global presence that are not from your industry.
4.) What locations and companies would you like to work for and why?
5.) Biggest achievement and failure.

Same questions were asked to me too. All the best!!!

Chua Nan Sze also suggested me to go for MBA-PHD dual degree program :roll: :roll: :roll: , since I have background in research and have good publications and patents in my name. Does anyone have any idea about this dual degree program?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
nitishgera wrote:
There's something I cannot understand about the NUS process. Up until April 1st or so everyone (including me) was interviewed the traditional "one-interview" way. After that they seemed to have shifted to a "pre-selection interview" strategy which will (I'm assuming) be followed by another interview. What caused this shift in process? Why isn't it mentioned anywhere? Weird.

Yeah coz they got an overwhelming response from India and they found applications to be quite fitting in their requirements. She interviewed 15 candidates today, of which she would be selecting only 3 for next round of interview, she said!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
I still haven't received the email from them though. I am one of the three... Do the others who know want to connect?

Posted from my mobile device
jiveshjuneja - one of the three to ?

It is strange that they did not ask to use pen/paper/stopwatch to any of the candidates over here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
jiveshjuneja wrote:
I still haven't received the email from them though. I am one of the three... Do the others who know want to connect?

She told you that you've been selected to the next round immediately after the interview? I think, to most people she said that she'll be providing her feedback to the admissions team and together with the candidate's profile, a decision will be made.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kr1zhna wrote:
jiveshjuneja wrote:

She told you that you've been selected to the next round immediately after the interview? I think, to most people she said that she'll be providing her feedback to the admissions team and together with the candidate's profile, a decision will be made.

LOL...I don't think that she would say any such thing directly, and Yes she said that she would be providing the feedback to the admissions committee, which will get back to the candidate with further info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM