It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 05:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 295

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 183

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 02:10
M3sSiaH wrote:
nitishgera wrote:

Theres not much you can do in this situation. You could tell them that you have to take a call by 25th April and see how it works.


When did you submit your application Nitish?


Same as you, 31st Jan. Got invited to interview on 21st March.

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 183

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
WE: Research (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 02:12
nitishgera wrote:

Same as you, 31st Jan. Got invited to interview on 21st March.


All the best mate!!! I wish you may get through NUS with $$$$ !!
_________________

If you like my post, Pl. do not hesitate to press kudos!!!!

Q51 on GMAT - PM me if you need any help with GMAT QUANTS!!!

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 295

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 183

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 02:13
M3sSiaH wrote:
nitishgera wrote:

Same as you, 31st Jan. Got invited to interview on 21st March.


All the best mate!!! I wish you may get through NUS with $$$$!!


Thanks a lot mate!!

And hang in there. Since you said that your application was completed later it is very possible that you'll have to wait a bit more than the others.

Kudos [?]: 130 [0], given: 183

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
WE: Research (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 02:29
nitishgera wrote:

Thanks a lot mate!!

And hang in there. Since you said that your application was completed later it is very possible that you'll have to wait a bit more than the others.


Although I am losing hope, I am trying to keep myself composed. Anyway, Thanks Nitish.
_________________

If you like my post, Pl. do not hesitate to press kudos!!!!

Q51 on GMAT - PM me if you need any help with GMAT QUANTS!!!

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 03:02
After exactly 71 days of waiting, finally got an invite for 'preliminary selection interview' on 16th. The mail also mentioned that the interview will last for exactly 15 minutes. Guys, any ideas on what to expect here?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
WE: Research (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 03:55
kr1zhna wrote:
After exactly 71 days of waiting, finally got an invite for 'preliminary selection interview' on 16th. The mail also mentioned that the interview will last for exactly 15 minutes. Guys, any ideas on what to expect here?


The same thought crossed my mind. Just received invite for the interview on 16th that will last only 15 mins. For what am I suppose ld to keep pen, paper and stopwatch?

Anyway congrats!! Let's see how it goes.

Preliminary selection interview means we will have to face another round of interview as well?
_________________

If you like my post, Pl. do not hesitate to press kudos!!!!

Q51 on GMAT - PM me if you need any help with GMAT QUANTS!!!

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Posts: 34

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 04:43
M3sSiaH wrote:
kr1zhna wrote:
After exactly 71 days of waiting, finally got an invite for 'preliminary selection interview' on 16th. The mail also mentioned that the interview will last for exactly 15 minutes. Guys, any ideas on what to expect here?


The same thought crossed my mind. Just received invite for the interview on 16th that will last only 15 mins. For what am I suppose ld to keep pen, paper and stopwatch?

Anyway congrats!! Let's see how it goes.

Preliminary selection interview means we will have to face another round of interview as well?



I guess we'll definitely have another interview if we get through this. This one might be for checking whether we possess some specific skill :eh: Can someone who has been through the preliminary interview please comment?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 10

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 06:16
SteadyWinner333 wrote:
ozob wrote:
I got an invite for a "Preliminary Selection Interview" (via Skype) today. It is mentioned that it'll last for approximately 15 minutes and I am required to have a pen, paper and stopwatch at hand. Do not know what to expect.

Did anyone have such an interview? Any pointers would help. Thanks!

Btw, I applied on 31st Jan.



I had the interview yesterday taken by Chua Nan Sze.. Was a very relaxed interview. Was yours taken by her as well? And by when should we expect a response?


Done with my preliminary assessment today. Yes, it was Chua Nan Sze for me too. I asked her about when we I can expect to hear back but she just said she'll handover the interview feedback to the admissions team tomorrow.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2015
Posts: 51

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 06:23
ozob wrote:
SteadyWinner333 wrote:
ozob wrote:
I got an invite for a "Preliminary Selection Interview" (via Skype) today. It is mentioned that it'll last for approximately 15 minutes and I am required to have a pen, paper and stopwatch at hand. Do not know what to expect.

Did anyone have such an interview? Any pointers would help. Thanks!

Btw, I applied on 31st Jan.



I had the interview yesterday taken by Chua Nan Sze.. Was a very relaxed interview. Was yours taken by her as well? And by when should we expect a response?


Done with my preliminary assessment today. Yes, it was Chua Nan Sze for me too. I asked her about when we I can expect to hear back but she just said she'll handover the interview feedback to the admissions team tomorrow.


How different was it from a normal interview in terms of the questions asked? And what is the stopwatch for?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Apr 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 06:26
kr1zhna wrote:
M3sSiaH wrote:
kr1zhna wrote:
After exactly 71 days of waiting, finally got an invite for 'preliminary selection interview' on 16th. The mail also mentioned that the interview will last for exactly 15 minutes. Guys, any ideas on what to expect here?


The same thought crossed my mind. Just received invite for the interview on 16th that will last only 15 mins. For what am I suppose ld to keep pen, paper and stopwatch?

Anyway congrats!! Let's see how it goes.

Preliminary selection interview means we will have to face another round of interview as well?



I guess we'll definitely have another interview if we get through this. This one might be for checking whether we possess some specific skill :eh: Can someone who has been through the preliminary interview please comment?


I was expecting either a case study or a puzzle but had neither. It was like a regular interview but fast forwarded that's all. The interview was very casual and had usual questions about goals, target companies etc. Did not get to use the pen, paper and stopwatch at all.

And yes, we'll have another round of interview if selected here.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2014
Posts: 99

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 19

Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 08:57
@ozob thanks a lot for insight!!! Can you just elaborate on the asked questions???

I also received the invite for preliminary interview today evening.

Thanks & cheers!!

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 19

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Posts: 160

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 110

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 12:28
sagar92 - I have the same question as you. Wondering what could they possibly make a candidate do with a pen, paper, and a stopwatch.

SteadyWinner333- Could you share your experience and questions ?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 110

3 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 26 [3], given: 21

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
WE: Research (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 20:13
3
This post received
KUDOS
Hi clubbers,

I just got to know something more about this preliminary interview from one of my friends, which has been haunting us since yesterday :o

So, Here is the thing: Pen, paper, and stopwatch are required as sometimes Chua Nan Sze, Marie Antonie gets into an extempore mode. She randomly gives a topic on which the candidate has two minutes to prepare and 3 minutes to speak - See, now pen, paper, and stopwatch make sense :P

Usually, she keeps the interview in non-extempore direction. But, it's always good to be prepared for the worst.

As far as routine interview prep is concerned, we need to prepare for cookie cutter questions such as run me through your resume, why MBA, why now, post MBA - short term and long term goals, why Singapore, why NUS, strengths, weakness, how will I contribute to NUS, why me, achievements etc.

All the best to all the invitees. Hope we make it difficult for her to reject any of us :twisted: :lol:
_________________

If you like my post, Pl. do not hesitate to press kudos!!!!

Q51 on GMAT - PM me if you need any help with GMAT QUANTS!!!

Kudos [?]: 26 [3], given: 21

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 04:08
I was interviewed for Rolling 1 on Mar 30. I still haven't got any decision. Does anyone know by when we would get to know?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2015
Posts: 51

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 04:11
ozob wrote:
SteadyWinner333 wrote:
ozob wrote:
I got an invite for a "Preliminary Selection Interview" (via Skype) today. It is mentioned that it'll last for approximately 15 minutes and I am required to have a pen, paper and stopwatch at hand. Do not know what to expect.

Did anyone have such an interview? Any pointers would help. Thanks!

Btw, I applied on 31st Jan.



I had the interview yesterday taken by Chua Nan Sze.. Was a very relaxed interview. Was yours taken by her as well? And by when should we expect a response?


Done with my preliminary assessment today. Yes, it was Chua Nan Sze for me too. I asked her about when we I can expect to hear back but she just said she'll handover the interview feedback to the admissions team tomorrow.

Hey do you have Chua Nan Sze's email?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2015
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Stern '18 (S)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 04:42
tharunvvijayan same here. interviewed on march 30. nothig yet

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 237

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 175

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 22:03
done with my interview for MSBA on 12th ... awaiting for decision..
Fingers crossed..
my SMU acceptance extended deadline is coming soon..
Need to hear final outcome from NUS MSBA before accepting SMU :(
_________________

Press +1 Kudos if you find this Post helpful :)

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 175

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2015
Posts: 77

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
WE: Research (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 23:00
ozob wrote:
Hey do you have Chua Nan Sze's email


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hey in case you come across her email id. Pl. share with me also. Thanks in advance.
_________________

If you like my post, Pl. do not hesitate to press kudos!!!!

Q51 on GMAT - PM me if you need any help with GMAT QUANTS!!!

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2014
Posts: 99

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 19

Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 00:16
adityadon wrote:
done with my interview for MSBA on 12th ... awaiting for decision..
Fingers crossed..
my SMU acceptance extended deadline is coming soon..
Need to hear final outcome from NUS MSBA before accepting SMU :(


hey adityadon, can you share you interview experience???

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 19

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GPA: 3.5
WE: Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 02:41
Folks, I had my interview for the full time MBA course on March 24. People around have told me they generally take between 2-4 weeks to reply with their decision. After three weeks, I am starting to get a bit anxious. Has anyone got an accept or a ding message yet?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 15 Apr 2016, 02:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18    Next  [ 347 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.