GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Mar 2019, 20:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2019, 11:02
Got a mail. Rejected without interview. Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.09
WE: Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2019, 07:36
kungfury wrote:
Applied on January 4th - got my invitation for interview today. Politely declined, having accepted an offer from Ivey as they were on top of my application from the get go. Rotman never gave me the personal touch or seemed interested in my application at all.

Having said that, I'm sure they're a wonderful school, but their recruitment process does need a lot of work.

Got accepted in Ivey last year. Since I am not being able to start this March due to personal reasons, the adcom asked me to re-apply for next year's session. I can tell you that you made the right choice. Ivey highly cares about all prospective students. This shows how much they will care about your post-mba placement. On the other hand, Rotman was, sorry to say, the worst I have experienced so far. Last year they couldn't manage to go through the high volume of application in Round 2, so they wait-listed a lot of candidates and said they would revert by round 3 deadline which again they failed to do. A week after the round 3 deadline I had to ask them about any update. I was stupid enough to shoot them an email this year regarding re-application. Guess what, there's not even a reply. From my experience, schools like Columbia, LBS are more responsive than Rotman. I don't think my profile was so bad to even solicit a response. My GMAT is 750 and i have been working at the world's biggest CPG company for 6 years with multiple promotions.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.38

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 16:11
rakibullah wrote:
kungfury wrote:
Applied on January 4th - got my invitation for interview today. Politely declined, having accepted an offer from Ivey as they were on top of my application from the get go. Rotman never gave me the personal touch or seemed interested in my application at all.

Having said that, I'm sure they're a wonderful school, but their recruitment process does need a lot of work.

Got accepted in Ivey last year. Since I am not being able to start this March due to personal reasons, the adcom asked me to re-apply for next year's session. I can tell you that you made the right choice. Ivey highly cares about all prospective students. This shows how much they will care about your post-mba placement. On the other hand, Rotman was, sorry to say, the worst I have experienced so far. Last year they couldn't manage to go through the high volume of application in Round 2, so they wait-listed a lot of candidates and said they would revert by round 3 deadline which again they failed to do. A week after the round 3 deadline I had to ask them about any update. I was stupid enough to shoot them an email this year regarding re-application. Guess what, there's not even a reply. From my experience, schools like Columbia, LBS are more responsive than Rotman. I don't think my profile was so bad to even solicit a response. My GMAT is 750 and i have been working at the world's biggest CPG company for 6 years with multiple promotions.

I think Rotman or generally Canadian schools get more applications these two years since Trump administration in the US. A lot of potential students applied to Canadian schools than US schools compared before, especially from India, where there are a lot of high GMAT achievers. So I think it takes them really a lot of time to process all these highly qualified applications. My experience for this year is that Ivey is definitely very fast to approach you. After I just started on line application forms, Ivey immediately reached out to me from email and LinkedIn. And I got rejection response only two weeks after I submitted application to Ivey, that was way faster than I thought. Rotman also reached out to me after I started on line application, and they scheduled interview in 4 weeks, I got the offer 3 days after interview, also pretty fast. I think both schools are very good, but they have very different program structure, it really depends on how to want to experience your program. Either should be good.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 07:56
Got a mail rejected without interview. Only hope for year lost. looks like gmat score of 730 is also not enough for Rotman due to high competition.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GRE 1: Q158 V163
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 10:33
Unceremoniously rejected. I was expecting an interview invite! GRE 321, IIT Delhi graduate, 3 years R&D exp.
All the best to those still waiting!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.4

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 21:57
Not sure if it has been brought up before, but this year may also be more competitive because (I've been told) they are looking to shrink the incoming class to ~300, down from 330-350 in years past. Additionally, total fees have been cut to C$93,000 for domestic students, down over C$10k from last year.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 22:16
anoncanstudent wrote:
Not sure if it has been brought up before, but this year may also be more competitive because (I've been told) they are looking to shrink the incoming class to ~300, down from 330-350 in years past. Additionally, total fees have been cut to C$93,000 for domestic students, down over C$10k from last year.

I can confirm that I have heard the ~300 class size from multiple sources.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.32

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 22:18
At least they could let all the rejected people know that their application has been dinged. I have received no notifications so far and it is so stressful!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 3.59

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 00:06
anoncanstudent wrote:

Can confirm this. When I spoke to Chris he said that they are bringing down the class size to 300. The Ontario government has mandated a 10% reduction in fees for domestic students so domestic fees across all programs in Ontario, including Rotman, Ivey and Schulich have come down. Not sure if this really had an impact on the number of applicants though (10k fee reduction on a 100k program is not much tbh)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 09:36
Hello everyone, I'm finishing my application and have a doubt about one of my spike factor photos. So.. it basically shows that I have a tattoo on my shoulder and biceps. Here in my country, at least, some people have prejudies for tattoos and I don't want to be dinged by adcoms because of that. Could someone give me advice on the matter?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 09:53
mikellaverde wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm finishing my application and have a doubt about one of my spike factor photos. So.. it basically shows that I have a tattoo on my shoulder and biceps. Here in my country, at least, some people have prejudies for tattoos and I don't want to be dinged by adcoms because of that. Could someone give me advice on the matter?

I heard somewhere (i forgot where) that it might be a bad idea to be showing more skin than appropriate in a business setting. not sure if shoulder would be more than advisable
Current Student
S
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 12:29
Hi! I know some of my classmates have some tattoo. Nothing to be feared of. However, if I were you, I will use a photo that covers it - just a personal choice.

mikellaverde wrote:
Intern
Intern
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 12:50
mikellaverde wrote:

Here is my two-cents on this as someone who has worked in communications/pr in Canada and is also going through the application process.
If the photo shows you doing something else and the spike factor has nothing to do with the tattoo, don’t think twice about it, use the photo, you are fine! If it does relate to the tattoo (couldn’t quite tell what you meant) I would run it through the following filter:
1) is your tattoo your spike factor, or is it what the tattoo represents
2a) if the tattoo itself is the spike factor, do you have a different one? Or how can you spin this so that having a tattoo showcases your strengths and personality that will help you excel as a student. Without knowing the backstory or the meaning, this seems like a hard sell. Would advise to be really careful if this is the case.
2b) if the spike factor is the story the tattoo represents, all the more power to you! I think absolutely use it, just ensure the photo is tasteful, taken by someone else and clear. Ensure you really bring the story to life of why the tattoo represents your spike factor, and why using any other image wouldn’t have conveyed this as well because the tattoo is a part of you and you want to carry that memory/why it shaped you into who you are today with you forever.

If you’re still unsure, go with your gut feeling on it! I hope this was helpful.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 20:27
mikellaverde wrote:

There's one thing I will tell you about the spike factor essay is, that "you don't necessarily have to be in every picture. The picture can be related to the context." These are not my words but said by Leigh Gauthier herself in one of the webinars Rotman had on the 20th December, 2018 I guess. If you are worried about it, then there is no point in putting that picture in. Pick another one if you have one available. They will care more about what you have written in your essay over the picture.

As far as prejudices are concerned I don't think you'll find anything like that here in Canada unless your tattoo has something offensive on it. Also as per the person above me wrote, if your tattoo is something say UNICEF and you work as a volunteer for them, for sure use that and make it your spike factor.

I hope it helped. Good luck on your application!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.76

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 14:18
A new Rotman Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/rotman-toronto-218/interview_debrief.html#debrief-935
Current Student
S
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Reviews Badge
Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 09:23
I was asked by GMATClub to make an article: A Day (Or Days!) in a Life of a Second-Year Rotman Student.
If my blog/articles helped you by any means, I would really appreciate it if you can give me some kudos on this article: https://gmatclub.com/forum/life-of-a-ro ... uI-Cbmk_gA

Hope you enjoy this!

More articles here: https://wondersuite.blogspot.com
Waitlisted
07 Mar, 2019
07 Mar 2019, 13:42
Private, GRE: 323, Q163, V159; GPA: 3.7; United States, OH; via Email
Feeling Confused [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 14:15
jayeht wrote:
mikellaverde wrote:

Here is my two-cents on this as someone who has worked in communications/pr in Canada and is also going through the application process.
If the photo shows you doing something else and the spike factor has nothing to do with the tattoo, don’t think twice about it, use the photo, you are fine! If it does relate to the tattoo (couldn’t quite tell what you meant) I would run it through the following filter:
1) is your tattoo your spike factor, or is it what the tattoo represents
2a) if the tattoo itself is the spike factor, do you have a different one? Or how can you spin this so that having a tattoo showcases your strengths and personality that will help you excel as a student. Without knowing the backstory or the meaning, this seems like a hard sell. Would advise to be really careful if this is the case.
2b) if the spike factor is the story the tattoo represents, all the more power to you! I think absolutely use it, just ensure the photo is tasteful, taken by someone else and clear. Ensure you really bring the story to life of why the tattoo represents your spike factor, and why using any other image wouldn’t have conveyed this as well because the tattoo is a part of you and you want to carry that memory/why it shaped you into who you are today with you forever.

If you’re still unsure, go with your gut feeling on it! I hope this was helpful.

Hey! I want to thank you. I hadn't had the time to respond before, but your post was very useful to decide which photos to use. The tattoo is'nt one of my spike factors itself, although it may be related. It is visible in the pictures because I was wearing a t-shirt... Anyway, given your post, I decided to integrate it a bit in my essay an apparently that was a good idea. I got an interview invitation today!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.76

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 14:31
Hi, could someone please post the WhatsApp link for admitted students? All the links in the previous posts don't work.
Thank you
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Rotman '21 (A$)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 23:26
Negin916 wrote:
Hi, could someone please post the WhatsApp link for admitted students? All the links in the previous posts don't work.
Thank you

https://chat.whatsapp.com/JxGxax5vCon2AvyogKlq5C

Here you go!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021   [#permalink] 07 Mar 2019, 23:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19    Next  [ 363 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman(Toronto) MBA Applicants(2019 Intake)-Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap