GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 10:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 17 Apr 2014
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 13:45
In with $$'s
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2014
Posts: 10
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 13:46
In with 20k. :-D
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 5806
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 13:48
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Feb 2014
Posts: 26
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 14:02
1
Disappointed with the ding. Thought I had a good interview. Decent profile as well- 3 yrs workex, IIT undergrad.

Do they provide feedback if requested?
BSchool Forum Moderator
avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2015
Posts: 450
Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 14:18
Got dinged loo kind of surprised actually, thought the into went well. Guess I am going to Olin loo congrats to those who got in!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 13 Oct 2015
Posts: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 15:19
1
In with Money :) Congrats everyone!!
VP
VP
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1400
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 17:02
1
IN!!!
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2015
Posts: 25
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.02
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 17:06
In with $20K/yr!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 31 Mar 2013
Posts: 21
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 17:08
In with $$ :-D

Congrats to the rest.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2014
Posts: 3
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 19:41
In!! With no schol
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2015
Posts: 174
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 20:28
Congrats everyone who got an admit!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2015
Posts: 30
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.7
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 21:16
INNNNN with 20K$ Scholarship :D
VP
VP
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1400
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 22:29
1
Congratulations to all the admitted folks!!!
Please make sure you change your status in your profile.

This will help us keep a track of the numbers.
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Posts: 3
Concentration: Technology, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2015, 23:44
In with scholarship
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 01:10
Wait listed after interview :? . Partially surprised because the interview went really well and the interviewer said she was really impressed by my research about the school, but obviously that praise wasn't enough to get the admit :P
and partially not surprised because
1) I have never heard anyone have a bad interview with adcom members from US B schools :P , they are generally very generous with praises
2) I knew my GMAT score is low for Tepper (yes I am a female candidate, but I am sure the female candidates are also cracking the GMAT really well these days)
So, I am probably going to take another shot at GMAT for improving my candidacy for the next round, and may be enhance other stuff that I have control over.

Congratulations to others who made it to Tepper :)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Oct 2013
Posts: 33
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 01:18
In with 30k!! :) All the best to others.
VP
VP
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1400
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 01:25
1
charu1990 wrote:
Wait listed after interview :? . Partially surprised because the interview went really well and the interviewer said she was really impressed by my research about the school, but obviously that praise wasn't enough to get the admit :P
and partially not surprised because
1) I have never heard anyone have a bad interview with adcom members from US B schools :P , they are generally very generous with praises
2) I knew my GMAT score is low for Tepper (yes I am a female candidate, but I am sure the female candidates are also cracking the GMAT really well these days)
So, I am probably going to take another shot at GMAT for improving my candidacy for the next round, and may be enhance other stuff that I have control over.

Congratulations to others who made it to Tepper :)


Hey charu1990,

I agree with you on the interview part. You just cannot make out with the US Schools :D
Getting that GMAT high will surely help a lot. You should certainly go for it.
By the way, I see ISB Admit on your profile. Congrats for that. Not planning to join?

Make sure that you stay on track for the GMAT. Having an admit can derail your studies. And you should not be blamed for that :)
Enjoy for a few days and then go for it.

All the best!
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 49
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 02:41
ankurgupta03 wrote:
charu1990 wrote:
Wait listed after interview :? . Partially surprised because the interview went really well and the interviewer said she was really impressed by my research about the school, but obviously that praise wasn't enough to get the admit :P
and partially not surprised because
1) I have never heard anyone have a bad interview with adcom members from US B schools :P , they are generally very generous with praises
2) I knew my GMAT score is low for Tepper (yes I am a female candidate, but I am sure the female candidates are also cracking the GMAT really well these days)
So, I am probably going to take another shot at GMAT for improving my candidacy for the next round, and may be enhance other stuff that I have control over.

Congratulations to others who made it to Tepper :)


Hey charu1990,

I agree with you on the interview part. You just cannot make out with the US Schools :D
Getting that GMAT high will surely help a lot. You should certainly go for it.
By the way, I see ISB Admit on your profile. Congrats for that. Not planning to join?

Make sure that you stay on track for the GMAT. Having an admit can derail your studies. And you should not be blamed for that :)
Enjoy for a few days and then go for it.

All the best!


I am certainly making the initial deposit for ISB as of now. I can't get anything better than ISB Hyd in India with 3.5 yrs work-ex (IIMs need 5 :( ). It wouldn't be a wise decision to let go off ISB at this stage. Having made the initial deposit, I will still try to improve my GMAT , to try my luck at Tepper because somehow I really like Tepper a lot :-D
What would you suggest ?
VP
VP
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1400
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 03:13
charu1990 wrote:

I am certainly making the initial deposit for ISB as of now. I can't get anything better than ISB Hyd in India with 3.5 yrs work-ex (IIMs need 5 :( ). It wouldn't be a wise decision to let go off ISB at this stage. Having made the initial deposit, I will still try to improve my GMAT , to try my luck at Tepper because somehow I really like Tepper a lot :-D
What would you suggest ?


Sounds the best way forward. You should not take the risk of not securing your place.
However, the opportunities would differ a lot at ISB and Tepper. In the end, you need to figure out for yourself what industry, location etc you want after your MBA.
Both of them have their own benefits :)

Go for the GMAT for sure and try to move out of the waitlist. Then decide.

All the best!
_________________

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Apr 2015
Posts: 35
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Dec 2015, 03:15
Waitlisted without interview... :?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018 &nbs [#permalink] 16 Dec 2015, 03:15

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  30    Next  [ 585 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, zee1222



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.