It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Schools: Tuck '19 (A)
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 23:16
Guys don't worry about the email . I received one the same as everyone else and was given a call by the adcom on the day of the formal result

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 20:18
bb10 wrote:
minhas3 wrote:
bb10 wrote:
The adcom said that interview invites can be sent out all the way to decision date.

So let's say someone gets an invite on March 10th - when do they receive a decision?

I don't think any more invites are coming for Jan round applicants.

So you think some of us that have not yet received an interview request (application submitted in jan round) can consider ourselves rejected for this year?

Seems that way. I have not seen any more invited coming thru this week (either on livewire or gmatclub).

I would think its WL or deny.

I heard someone from Haas said she interviewed and then got admission offer the next day. not sure about other schools.

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 20:19
Parmanu123 wrote:
Guys don't worry about the email . I received one the same as everyone else and was given a call by the adcom on the day of the formal result

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

thank you!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 12:34
Tuck week! I'm so pumped. Think I have a real decent shot here - did the on-campus interview, stats right in line, and have quite a bit of international experience. Would love to be admitted!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE: Other (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 12:57
The waiting is killing me. Already can't focus

Intern
Intern
B
Status: No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets: I am going to make it.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Sales (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 12:58
98 hours.

Posted from my mobile device

The more we do, the more we can do.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 7

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 79

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 13:00
I didnt even get an interview invite :(

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 79

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 13:01
bb10 wrote:
I didnt even get an interview invite :(

Me either. Just waiting for the official ding...

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 1

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 13:05
This post received
KUDOS
applicant1234 wrote:
Tuck week! I'm so pumped. Think I have a real decent shot here - did the on-campus interview, stats right in line, and have quite a bit of international experience. Would love to be admitted!

Keep in touch and let us know of your result.
In a way, we are in direct competition. Similar fields and international experience. I have low stats but let's see. On the wait list.

All the best buddy.

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 1

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 0

MBAs Volunteer on Board for Local Nonprofit Positive Tracks [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 14:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: MBAs Volunteer on Board for Local Nonprofit Positive Tracks
By Helena Nannes T’17

I’m a list person. So, naturally, when I came to Hanover, I had a list of things that I couldn’t imagine graduating from Tuck without experiencing. At the top was the Revers Board Fellow Program—an opportunity for Tuck students to sit as non-voting members (voting vs. non-voting status is up to the organization) on the boards of local nonprofits and work with them on projects that can add value to their organizations. The chance to give back to the Hanover community coupled with experiential learning made the Revers Program a perfect complement to my classroom education at Tuck.

A number of local organizations participate in the Revers Program and we’re lucky here in Hanover to have a chance to get to know them all through a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. When I first learned about Positive Tracks, I knew it was the perfect fit. Positive Tracks helps youth get active and give back. The organization and its founders believe that kids need fun, active pathways to help causes they care about. At Positive Tracks’ core is the belief that doing good is good for you, and that nothing rivals the power of sport to mobilize and unite people of all backgrounds and demographics. As a former college athlete myself, I knew “Sweat for Good!” was a mantra I could get behind. I am one of two board fellows with Positive Tracks, and my classmate Nikki Burns T’17 and I have had an absolute blast.

My work with Positive Tracks began in the second half of my first year and is still ongoing. The team at Positive Tracks is inspiring and ambitious, and we’re constantly working on an assortment of different initiatives as the organization seeks to become a national—and hopefully one day global—movement. One of these initiatives is understanding how to measure and share the effects that Positive Tracks has on youth. We’re working with independent evaluators from the University of Michigan and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation who have found that Positive Tracks’ programs lead to youth feeling increased confidence as leaders, increased empathy and perseverance, and enhanced fitness.

Another important initiative we’re focused on is how to bring Positive Tracks to more communities and touch more lives throughout North America. We recently worked with Tuck Professor Steve Kahl as well as other community members and youth on a design thinking exercise to devise new ways to reach communities outside of our own. Nikki and I work with Positive Tracks on the real-world business problems that organizations face, and we use our Tuck education to provide additional perspectives, guidance, and strategic thinking to the boardroom. Being a part of an organization that cares so deeply for kids and getting active makes it easy to jump on board. Before we graduate, one of our goals for Positive Tracks is to develop an even deeper connection to the Tuck community through opportunities such as youth mentorship programs, executive “power hours” for strategic brainstorming, and Tuck-based teams for local athletic events where Positive Tracks already has a presence, such as the CHaD Hero Half Marathon.

Facilitating opportunities for kids to lead through getting active and giving back is something everyone can get behind. With a message this strong and a leadership base so inspiring, I know that I’ll stay involved with Positive Tracks long after I’ve left Hanover. It’s incredible to think that as a 27 year-old I’m sitting on the board of a nonprofit, but the Revers Program has made that possible. The program enables Tuck students to leave a mark on Hanover in hopes of empowering organizations like Positive Tracks to leave a mark on the rest of the world.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 18:32
mgo113 wrote:
The waiting is killing me. Already can't focus

same here...

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G
Affiliations: GMAT Club

Kudos [?]: 3518 [0], given: 2393

City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 23:42
Good luck guys! Hope all of you will get good news on March 10th. #Fingerscrossed Keep eye on Decision Tracker for live updates. https://gmatclub.com/forum/tuck-194/app-tracker.html

Interview applicants mind sharing their interview experiences?

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager

Financing Your MBA [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2017, 08:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Financing Your MBA
Tuck's veteran financial aid team includes director, Diane Bonin, who has been at Tuck for 19 years, assistant director, Kristy Snow (20 years), and counselor, Sandy Baker (15 years). They adhere to an open-door policy and are happy to help students during the application process and at any point throughout their two years at Tuck. 

Financing your MBA can be daunting during the application process, when choosing a school, and even after fully committing to the program of your dreams. We hope this post provides some transparency around Tuck's financial aid process and helpful advice to make things a little bit easier on yourself. Tuck offers an array of scholarships and fellowships. All applicants admitted into the MBA program are considered for scholarship regardless of citizenship—there is no separate application process for Tuck Scholarships.

Once admitted, the financial aid office works with students to identify potential sources of financial assistance including outside scholarships, fellowships, and loans. At that point, you can apply for educational loans by the deadlines we’ll share with you. The financial aid office determines eligibility for loans based on a variety of factors.

Getting a Tuck MBA is a major investment, but it is a long-term investment offering high returns for your future. As you approach the overall application process, it would be unwise to assume you’ll receive a scholarship and not plan for the possibility that you may not. Be mindful of the costs associated with an MBA and plan accordingly so you’re not surprised later. As you plan, remember these five things:

• Save, save, save! Make a budget and stick to it. Set aside money each month. Financial aid can only cover the cost of attendance. Take advantage of online budgeting resources available to you like those at Mapping Your Future.

• Request your free credit report. Understand how your credit score works. The better your credit score, the lower your interest rates will be on private educational loans. If there are any discrepancies, you will want to resolve them as soon as possible. It could be a lengthy process. 

• Pay down your consumer debt. Keep all of your debt obligations current including student loans. Most student loans can be deferred once you are enrolled in school full-time.

• How much can you borrow? Use the Debt Wizard to guide your student loan borrowing decisions by understanding what your salary will need to be upon graduation to pay it off.

• Begin researching outside scholarships. We have put together a comprehensive guide to help you begin your search.

The return on investment is tremendous personally, professionally, and financially. At Tuck, we have several funding options available for all of our students. We will help you find the best combination of loans for your personal situation whether they are institutional, federal and/or private. We also offer no-cosigner loan options for international students.

The financial aid industry is constantly changing. Our office is your best resource for the most current information. Every financial situation is different. We will work with you one on one to answer your questions.

According to the 2017 US News rankings, Tuck's class of 2016 had the 2nd highest starting salary plus bonus across all full-time MBA programs, which gives our students the ability to pay back their loans. Tuck has one of the lowest default rates in the country. Don’t let financing your education stand in your way of becoming a part of the Tuck community!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Manager
Manager

Revers Center for Energy Speaker Series Hosts Head of Strategy at Rosa [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 06:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Revers Center for Energy Speaker Series Hosts Head of Strategy at Rosatom
Sergei Petrov T'12 speaks on the Future of Energy

Sergei Petrov, T’12 is currently the head of strategy at the Russian National Nuclear Corporation Rosatom. Prior to this role, he was responsible for downstream strategy at TNK-BP and Rosneft. After graduating from Tuck in 2012, Sergei worked at McKinsey in Moscow.

By Andy Ladygin T'17

Andy is a second-year student at Tuck, where he is a Revers Center for Energy student fellow. Prior to Tuck, he worked in investment management in Russia, focusing on energy equities and commodities. Prior to that, he was at Transaction Services Group at KPMG, working on financial due diligence and merger integration projects in oil and gas sector. Over the summer, Andy worked in equity research at Rainin Group, a family office in New York. Andy is also co-chair of Investment Club, Tuck Asset Management fund, and a Visiting Executive host fellow. Andy holds a BA in Finance & Credit with distinction from Finance University under the Government of the Russian Federation.

Going into Sergei’s talk, I had a bit of an understanding of the nuclear power industry. Just a month ago, I spent my fall break evaluating uranium mining companies for a hedge fund. Safety concerns, widespread public outcry, nascent technology, construction delays, budget overruns, long lead times, enormous capital outlays, ageing fleets, and regulatory pressures – these are the challenges that pop up in my head when I think about nuclear today.

In Tuck's Barclays classroom that day, I naturally expected Sergei to talk about the benefits of nuclear energy—non-intermittency, low cost, large scale, small footprint, and technological advances—and about the importance of it in reaching Paris Agreement goals. To my surprise, Sergei’s talk was instead focused on how wind, solar, and battery technologies are moving the world into the fourth industrial revolution.

Sergei’s point of view was inspiring and invigorating. With a few simple charts, he showed how much experts have underestimated the magnitude of changes taking place in the world of energy—proliferation of solar and wind power keeps beating even the most optimistic forecasts. According to Sergei, this phenomenon has happened with game changing technologies in the past and is happening again today.

Here are a few points I took home from Sergei’s presentation:

• The changes in the energy sector while positive for society overall are disruptive for incumbent energy producers and often fatal for companies unwilling to adapt.
  • By the year 2100 the big four components of energy will likely be renewables, nuclear, energy transmission, and energy storage.
  • The key challenges to overcome on the way to a greener world include more efficient power storage technologies and the development of distribution and transmission infrastructure to make green power universally accessible.

It’s remarkable that executives at Rosatom fully realize and embrace the potential of clean energy and have a more optimistic view on it than many I have seen. Remember that Russia is a country rich with fossil fuel energy. This really gives me hope that the world might be moving in the right direction and that together we will reach a point in which energy is universally abundant, green, and safe for our planet.

The Revers Center for Energy inspires and shapes tomorrow's leaders in energy while engaging today's energy community. It aspires to establish Tuck as the preeminent business school for learning practical leadership in the energy industry.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 49

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2017, 11:56
safe to say that only dings are on their way?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 49

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 02:29
And then Livewire goes down..

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 07:11
Good luck today and tomorrow everyone!

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 08:11

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
WE: Other (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 08:17
Narenn wrote:
applicant1234 wrote:

Are they releasing decisions today?

Last year all the acceptances on livewire came the day before the deadline. Not sure if it'll be the same way this year

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2017, 08:24
mgo113 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
applicant1234 wrote:

Are they releasing decisions today?

Last year all the acceptances on livewire came the day before the deadline. Not sure if it'll be the same way this year

For Nov round of this year too people started getting calls on Nov 9th, a day before the decision deadline, so there's high probability of getting calls today. Good luck to all.

While you wait, join chat room4 to share decision updates with each other in real time... https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat4.php?fl=menu

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2017, 08:24

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29    Next  [ 567 posts ]