It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
BSchool Forum Moderator
G

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 46

GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.9
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 08:01
zakkwylde01 wrote:
Quick Comparison of interview invites for TUCK

Nice stat. But we will have to wait till end of january round (whatever the final date is) to fully appreciate the numbers.
But yes they do seem slow this year inviting candidates for interviews

My MBA Journey - https://smalldoubledouble.com

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 46

Retired Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 85

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 12:38
mbsingh wrote:
zakkwylde01 wrote:

Nice stat. But we will have to wait till end of january round (whatever the final date is) to fully appreciate the numbers.

Why are there so few invites man? No Indian invites? Here, there, everywhere!! lol

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 84

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2017, 23:45
bb10 wrote:
mbsingh wrote:
zakkwylde01 wrote:

Why are there so few invites man? No Indian invites? Here, there, everywhere!! lol

mbsingh
I don't believe much change is to be expected. End of Jan round will only confirm the stats on admitted not much on interview invites( maybe 1 ~5% error at max). Since colleges such as ROSS, YALE total percentage selection is around 33% and so is for Tuck 34%(currently) i believe this data is nearly close to final.

bb10
I guess because they want to protect yield.

Having said so, the data on Tuck(especially) is most subjected to error because there is no way to account for applicant initiated interviews so % interview invites does not really tell the real story. Counter-intuitively, since most applicant initiated interviews happen for EA + Jan round (because Tuck invites prospective students in spring) the data is actually ok for R2 i.e. R2 interview invitations have indeed gone down.

P.S: I know i contradicted myself above honestly its pure speculation.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 84

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 07:50
mbsingh
I don't believe much change is to be expected. End of Jan round will only confirm the stats on admitted not much on interview invites( maybe 1 ~5% error at max). Since colleges such as ROSS, YALE total percentage selection is around 33% and so is for Tuck 34%(currently) i believe this data is nearly close to final.

bb10
I guess because they want to protect yield.

Having said so, the data on Tuck(especially) is most subjected to error because there is no way to account for applicant initiated interviews so % interview invites does not really tell the real story. Counter-intuitively, since most applicant initiated interviews happen for EA + Jan round (because Tuck invites prospective students in spring) the data is actually ok for R2 i.e. R2 interview invitations have indeed gone down.

P.S: I know i contradicted myself above honestly its pure speculation.[/quote]

Interesting Stats and Analysis.
I also believe that there are few other factors to be considered.
It seems that schools are swamped with the applications this year. From IT industry, many need to increase their base salary to pre-empt the new H1B route. And many other from Oil & Gas industry - as many of my colleagues may agree.
Of course, we know this forum is dominated by a subset of applicants (geographically more so), this phenomenon is expected.
Also, as pointed out, this is not just school specific, but broader theme. This tells me it is not just yield concern (not negating it, but not a major contributor - did all the school suddenly wake up and decided to increase the yield, in the same year)?

But hey, its just my take on it. Nothing here changes my odds, so I am at peace with it.

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 0

Waitlist Q&A on Beat the GMAT [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2017, 17:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Waitlist Q&A on Beat the GMAT
Dear Waitlisters,

Last week, I did a chat on Beat the GMAT specifically to offer some transparency and advice to those on the waitlist. If you attended—thank you! It was an incredibly active discussion (which I hope means it was helpful!). For those who couldn’t make it, you can find the full transcript here. I also thought it might be helpful to take another look at the waitlist FAQs, originally included with your decision.

Please continue to be patient and respectful of our process. We know you’re enthusiastic about Tuck and about improving your candidacy—we love that! That said, we’re still in the middle of a busy application season. We know you’re anxiously waiting to hear from us, and wouldn’t leave you hanging without good reason. The waitlist is not an easy place to be, but it does mean there’s still a chance of admission! Take a deep breath and use this time to reflect (this blog post might help).

Thanks for hanging in there!

Best,

Stephanie

Waitlist FAQs

1. How many applicants are placed on the waitlist?

The number of candidates placed on the waitlist fluctuates from year to year depending on the size and quality of the applicant pool.

2. How many applicants were offered admission from the waitlist in the past few years?

Each year there are waitlisted candidates who are offered admission. The number varies depending on application numbers and enrollment for a given year. It is our belief that each waitlisted applicant has a legitimate chance at admission to Tuck.

3. How long do candidates typically remain on the waitlist?

It is difficult for us to provide specific probability of admission or the timing of a final decision as the time frame does vary. Applications can be re-reviewed by the Admissions Committee at any time, but this typically happens between May and July. Applicants may be offered admission, their waitlist status may be extended or they may be released and encouraged to reapply the following year.

4. Will I receive feedback on my application while I am on the waitlist?

Due to heavy volume, the admissions team is not immediately available to provide feedback on your application. Historically, a member of the admissions team will provide you with feedback by email in late March. In the meantime, think about areas of your application that might need strengthening. Some common areas for feedback are related to a GMAT score that is below average, limited quantitative experience, and/or goals that need clarification. Please take some time to reflect back on your application. As mentioned in the above letter, you may contact us with any updates through the above link to the Tuck Waitlist email address.

5. What is the process for applying for financial aid if I am waitlisted?

Last year, 78% of Tuck students applied for financial aid. We will do our best to work through the financial aid process with any students admitted from the waitlist. If you have additional questions, please email the Tuck financial aid office at tuck.financial.aid@dartmouth.edu.

6. Does Tuck rank the waitlist?

Tuck does not rank applicants on the waitlist. Instead, each waitlisted applicant’s file is re-reviewed and compared with other candidates.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Schools: Tuck '19 (I)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 00:05
I had an interview recently. Questions were standart and it was in a pleasure way. The interview lasted about 40 mins.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Tuck Wins Third Place at Renewable Energy Case Competition [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 07:00
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Tuck Wins Third Place at Renewable Energy Case Competition
Tuck Energy REVs Up

By Blair Crichton T’18

In December 2016, I joined four other first-year students—Kate Barnett, Angel Fernandez Amores, and Jon Ou—to participate in the prestigious Ross Renewable Energy Case Competition (RECC) at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business. We beat out a competitive pool of twenty-five other business schools to make it to the final sixteen with our initial proposal. This year’s case focused on New York State’s REV initiative. We were tasked with forming a business idea that aligned with the REV goals in energy storage, microgrids, distributed generation, or demand management.

This was no easy task—the scope was broad, and, other than Angel, none of us had a background in energy. We had one week to pull together a proposal while also balancing the demands of mid-terms and hockey. Sleep was at a premium that week. Luckily we made it to the finals, and on the first Thursday of December, we traveled to Ross to compete against top international MBA schools for glory. It was also a great chance to mingle with sponsors and other MBA students interested in the energy space. In fact, the night we arrived, we were treated to a wonderful cocktail reception in the grand University of Michigan Museum of Art.

Our team was named FlowControl and our idea was focused on the demand management space. Our business idea was to offer a combined hardware/software product that facilitates interaction between utilities and grid participants in the distributed storage ecosystem (both stationary and mobile storage assets).

That Friday at Ross we had an early start. We began the day with registration and a welcome breakfast, followed by a short time to practice our presentation. Then came the big moment: the first-round presentation to a panel of judges. The judges came from a variety of industry firms, including PG&E, DTE, Marathon, and Schneider. This was pretty daunting considering our lack of experience. The panel was acting as a venture capital firm deciding whether to invest.

Thanks to those late nights, the extensive research we conducted, and the training we received through our Tuck core classes, we were able to tell a convincing story. At lunch, we found out we had made it through to the final four. Shortly after lunch, we found ourselves in the cavernous Robertson auditorium with our slides projected on the biggest projector screen I think I’ve ever seen. This time around we were presenting to the REV policy makers, and therefore had to tweak our business idea a little bit. Ultimately, we claimed third place, the highest showing for Tuck yet—a reflection of how energy at Tuck is growing in stature.

Overall, it was a fantastic learning experience and a great opportunity to represent Tuck. I previously hadn’t thought much about demand response but I am now actively looking for job opportunities in the space!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 09:19
Only 9 days left until decisions! Having interviewed in December, it feels like such a long time of silence after you submit the application. Do you all try to keep up with admin at all?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 49

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 11:41
Are the invites for the January round applicants sent on a rolling basis? Or are they all sent out in one batch on March 10?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE: Other (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 13:28
minhas3 wrote:
Are the invites for the January round applicants sent on a rolling basis? Or are they all sent out in one batch on March 10?

Based on past years/rounds, calls to admitted applicants will start going out on March 9th and will continue until the morning of March 10th. Denied/Waitlisted applicants will find out via email on March 10th.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 02:20
Has anyone received an email telling them decision letter will be available on 5pm ET on 10 March? Since Tuck makes phone calls to admitted students, really worrying if this is a bad sign...

Intern
Intern
B
Status: No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets: I am going to make it.

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
WE: Sales (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 02:25
samfor wrote:
Has anyone received an email telling them decision letter will be available on 5pm ET on 10 March? Since Tuck makes phone calls to admitted students, really worrying if this is a bad sign...

Same message. Same thought, but I guess it is a standard procedure to organize the process flow.

The more we do, the more we can do.

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.73

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 02:37
Vanmotan wrote:
samfor wrote:

Same message. Same thought, but I guess it is a standard procedure to organize the process flow.

Same message here too. I didn't even have an interview with the school.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 03:12
indiepunk wrote:
Vanmotan wrote:
samfor wrote:

Same message here too. I didn't even have an interview with the school.

ok i checked earlier posts and found that a student who was admitted to Tuck in the November round also got this email a few days before decision release. can stop worrying now :)

Retired Moderator
S

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 03:39
The adcom said that interview invites can be sent out all the way to decision date.

So let's say someone gets an invite on March 10th - when do they receive a decision?

I don't think any more invites are coming for Jan round applicants.

Retired Moderator
S

Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 03:45
I don't see any jan round interview invites for Indians.

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.3
WE: Other (Insurance)
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 06:23
bb10 wrote:
The adcom said that interview invites can be sent out all the way to decision date.

So let's say someone gets an invite on March 10th - when do they receive a decision?

Yeah every school seems to say this. I know Darden does too. It really doesn't make any sense

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 6

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 07:17
This post received
KUDOS
I think if you get an interview invite way close to the deadline, they'll put you on the waitlist pending results from your interview

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 4 [1], given: 6

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.22

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 09:52
bb10 wrote:

So you think some of us that have not yet received an interview request (application submitted in jan round) can consider ourselves rejected for this year?

Retired Moderator
S

Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2017, 09:54
minhas3 wrote:
bb10 wrote:

So you think some of us that have not yet received an interview request (application submitted in jan round) can consider ourselves rejected for this year?

Seems that way. I have not seen any more invited coming thru this week (either on livewire or gmatclub).

I would think its WL or deny.

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2017, 09:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  29    Next  [ 567 posts ] 

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: mbsingh

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap