GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 20 Jan 2020, 06:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q800 V660
GPA: 2.5
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 12:42
tcdmba2022 wrote:
Hi guys! I'm applying to Tuck in R2, and am very nervous. I don't have a typical Business background, and previously worked in the publishing and digital media fields. I currently serve as a consultant in digital strategy. Tuck is my number one school, and I'm worried my background (or lack thereof) will harm my application. Additionally, I'm not as strong in Quant as many others in this thread – and my GMAT score can definitely be higher. Taking the exam again in December and hoping for a 720+. I'm an international student (from the Caribbean). I'm also scheduled for my in-person interview next week on-campus. Any advice for me?

For the interview I would suggest the following:

- Research the school inside out, know why Tuck meets your goals and plans, why you would excel in the unique, collaborative, non-urban and cohesive environment of Tuck
- Be likable - you'd probably interview with a 2nd year so make sure you have a natural conversation; answer questions but leave room for further conversation based on your responses, be prepared with those second level responses
- Have a good time there and show it :)

In general:

- Try to score as much as you can in the GMAT. No other go. What have you done to prepare yourself better this time?
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2019, 16:36
tcdmba2022 wrote:
Hi guys! I'm applying to Tuck in R2, and am very nervous. I don't have a typical Business background, and previously worked in the publishing and digital media fields. I currently serve as a consultant in digital strategy. Tuck is my number one school, and I'm worried my background (or lack thereof) will harm my application. Additionally, I'm not as strong in Quant as many others in this thread – and my GMAT score can definitely be higher. Taking the exam again in December and hoping for a 720+. I'm an international student (from the Caribbean). I'm also scheduled for my in-person interview next week on-campus. Any advice for me?

FWIW, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have spoken at length with a lot of alum, adcoms and other faculty and they truly will look at your entire profile.
I think it's best to focus on what you can add to the Tuck Fabric, your interview, and etc. I was referred to their class profile page where they told me to look at the range because while they do have an average for quant and gpa they do also consider strong fit of the applicant.
Also, look into MBA Math if you have the time...
Tuck School Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 07:51
We're getting close to the deadline! Very nerve-wracking, but also exciting as well.

Tuck's notice deadline is Dec 12, but has been known to start releasing decisions around Dec 11, so be sure to keep an eye on your email and phone on those days.

Please utilize the following chatroom to connect with other applicants in this exciting time!

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat3.php
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Yale '22 (D)

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 11:46
Does anyone know if Tuck calls, emails or sends acceptance letters by mail? Just wondering.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 00:22
sixxx wrote:
Does anyone know if Tuck calls, emails or sends acceptance letters by mail? Just wondering.

Just receive the email from them that the acceptance will be through portal at 5PM
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 11:41
nugraha1 wrote:
sixxx wrote:

Just receive the email from them that the acceptance will be through portal at 5PM

Nice. 5pm today or Thursday next week?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q800 V660
GPA: 2.5

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 11:43
sixxx wrote:
nugraha1 wrote:
sixxx wrote:

Nice. 5pm today or Thursday next week?

December 12th, so next Thursday.
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 13:49
tcdmba2022 wrote:

It's hard to provide a fulsome candidate evaluation without more information -- what is it that you'd like to do post-MBA? Long term? How do these goals sync with your prior professional experience as a consultant in digital strategy and academic success? What are your extracurriculars and how can they improve the community at Dartmouth? How do you plan to be involved in the Tuck community outside the classroom? All of these things and more make up your strategic positioning, the personal brand that you market yourself with to the AdCom. If you can get a 720 GMAT and you have and good undergrad GPA from a good school, strategic positioning is what makes-or-breaks you. It's also the only then you have 100% control over.

Top-tier U.S. Schools like Tuck generally aim for 30-40% international students, which means in general that it's harder for international applicants to gain acceptance than domestic U.S. ones. However, it's also true that international applicants come from several countries disproportionately: India, China, and Pakistan. The Caribbean is still considered "international" but it is not as over-represented as these countries are, meaning your chances of acceptance are a little bit higher.

If talking to an admissions consultant about how to articulate your strategic positioning in your essays may be helpful to you, feel free to reach out for a free consultation. Best of luck to you!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 18:45
5 days to go to R1 decisions. Good luck guys!

R2 applicants, don't forget to sign up for the webinar with Amy Mitson happening on Dec 9 on our Youtube channel... https://gmatclub.com/forum/webinar-with ... l#p2413414

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 09:13
Guys, our live session with Tuck admissions is starting in 40 minutes. Those who want to attend, please join here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQu6DCt22Fw

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 10:26
Anybody heard anything from Tuck yet?

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.46
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 10:27
Nothing on my wnd

HBS Forum Moderator
B
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 16:17
In the past Tuck has called some applicants the evening before the deadline date--has anyone heard if this will be the case/gotten a decision already?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 16:30
someone mentioned a candidate being accepted to Tuck a couple weeks ago (candidate posted to clearadmit) but I haven’t heard anything since. I feel like someone will update when accepted. The suspense is tough.

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.4

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 07:39
Today is the big day and several Tuck acceptances are on ClearAdmit but none so far on GMATClub. Does anyone know if Tuck sends out calls based on region similar to most other programs? Or is it random?

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 08:13
Just heard from Tuck that I'm admitted. Got a call a while ago.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Multiple Decisions Reported  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 08:30
Tuck DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 4 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:740 (Q49 V42), heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 26 minutes ago, from Nigeria, GMAT:700 (Q49 V35), GPA: 3.2, Industry: Consulting, WE 50, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 09:30
Tuck DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 7 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:710 (Q49 V40), GPA: 2.7, Industry: Other, WE 48, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 12 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760 (Q49 V44), GPA: 3.9, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 60, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 18 minutes ago, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 19 minutes ago, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 20 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:740 (Q41 V49), Industry: Consulting, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 20 minutes ago, from Colombia, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 70, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 24 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q45 V41), Industry: Consulting, WE 36, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 25 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:720 (Q50 V36), Industry: Consulting, WE 35, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 26 minutes ago, from Canada, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 40 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q51 V40), Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 60, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 52 minutes ago, from Israel, GMAT:720 (Q48 V41), Industry: Consulting, WE 72, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 10:30
Tuck DECISION TRACKER

• Admitted, 36 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:750 (Q50 V41), Industry: Human Resources, WE 48, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 45 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q50 V42), GPA: 3.77, Industry: Consulting, WE 36, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 54 minutes ago, from Brazil, GMAT:660 (Q48 V32), Industry: Consumer Products, WE 72, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2019, 15:30
Tuck DECISION TRACKER

• Waitlisted, 4 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:750 (Q50 V41), GPA: 2.5, Industry: Other, WE 85, heard via: portal_update
  • Waitlisted, 20 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:730 (Q48), GPA: 3.46, Industry: Real Estate, WE 48, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 22 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:780, heard via: portal_update
  • Waitlisted, 23 minutes ago, from Canada, GMAT:750 (Q49 V44), GPA: 2.4, Industry: Consulting, WE 43, heard via: portal_update
  • Waitlisted, 23 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 24 minutes ago, from United States, GPA: 3.23, Industry: Investment Banking, WE 48, heard via: on_campus
  • Denied, 24 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:740 (Q50 V41), GPA: 3.47, Industry: Manufacturing, WE 65, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 25 minutes ago, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 27 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:750 (Q50 V42), Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 80, heard via: portal_update
  • Denied, 28 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:760, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Multiple Decisions Reported   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2019, 15:30

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 150 posts ] 

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status