GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jul 2020, 13:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 08:02
Does anyone receive a mail from Kellogg Net Impact? I was surprised that in the fill form said, "Congratulations and welcome to Kellogg," but I do not know if they sent it to Admitted and WL candidates?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.4
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 08:56
nahumarmas wrote:
Does anyone receive a mail from Kellogg Net Impact? I was surprised that in the fill form said, "Congratulations and welcome to Kellogg," but I do not know if they sent it to Admitted and WL candidates?

I'm on the waitlist and I have not received this. It might be a positive sign for you!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '22 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 08:59
nahumarmas wrote:

I got this also. Did you specify your interest in social impact during application?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 10:26
Wanzi wrote:
nahumarmas wrote:

I got this also. Did you specify your interest in social impact during application?

Yes, I remember to select Social Impact.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V34

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 10:39
Is it true that Kellogg is admitting denied candidates?
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 10:42
ILMENF wrote:

ILMENF

No. They are re-evaluating denied/waitlisted applicants from previous rounds. There is a difference.
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q169 V157

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 18 Apr 2020, 00:02
ILMENF wrote:

I feel they should just admit the WL candidates.

Originally posted by erlandgas on 15 Apr 2020, 14:06.
Last edited by erlandgas on 18 Apr 2020, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
MBA Admissions Consultant
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 14:22
Applicants on the waitlist are often over represented in terms of their profile. So for example a lot of Indians are wait listed in early rounds because they are going to wait and see who else might come along. This happens especially for those with lower test scores. So if they were to just admit everybody off the waitlist it would be A lot of those over-represented candidates, what they need to do is kind of go back to the beginning and reconstruct the class. basically what I'm telling you is that if they were to do as you mentioned it would harm the diversity of the class which is one of the main value propositions of going to Business School.

[quote="erlandgas"][quote="ILMENF"]Is it true that Kellogg is admitting denied candidates?[/quote]

I feel they should just admit the WL candidates. No need to re evaluate students you've rejected. Just pull off the WL candidates you've show interest in.[/quote]

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Stanford School Moderator
S
Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Apr 2020, 00:24
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Applicants on the waitlist are often over represented in terms of their profile. So for example a lot of Indians are wait listed in early rounds because they are going to wait and see who else might come along. This happens especially for those with lower test scores. So if they were to just admit everybody off the waitlist it would be A lot of those over-represented candidates, what they need to do is kind of go back to the beginning and reconstruct the class. basically what I'm telling you is that if they were to do as you mentioned it would harm the diversity of the class which is one of the main value propositions of going to Business School.

erlandgas wrote:
ILMENF wrote:

I feel they should just admit the WL candidates. No need to re evaluate students you've rejected. Just pull off the WL candidates you've show interest in.

Posted from my mobile device

I'm pretty diverse in what I offer with a few other things. This wait is killing me because I feel it makes so much sense to just pull off WL candidates.

Originally posted by erlandgas on 15 Apr 2020, 15:22.
Last edited by erlandgas on 29 Apr 2020, 00:24, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 20:10
I am also mexican waitlisted at kellogg and accepted at duke.

Would love to chat about your process.

Reach out if you can

MBA Admissions Consultant
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 22:15
I understand. My original post does not apply to you specifically but still holds overall.

If you are URM, putting you on the WL is very likely (not always, but very likely) a strong hint to retake the GMAT. They have a pretty high average GMAT and dont want to jeopardize that. Or your quant is worrying to them. They are not sure you can keepnup and don't want to risk it if they dint have to ( if you fail, they lose money and reputation).

If this is the case, would advise you do MBA Math asap. Do an update letter if there is anything else you can point to in terms of doing the quant work successfully, if not included in original app.

If you are URM with a good test score, your interview likely did not go awesome. Do an update letter to remarket yourself, hopefully under the guise of a promition or a new position if leadership in almost any form.
erlandgas

erlandgas wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

erlandgas wrote:
ILMENF wrote:

I feel they should just admit the WL candidates. No need to re evaluate students you've rejected. Just pull off the WL candidates you've show interest in.

I'm a URM (mexican). I'm pretty diverse in what I offer with a few other things. This wait is killing me because I feel it makes so much sense to just pull off WL candidates, and now they're going to reopen it up again, extend deadlines, cancel GMAT requirement. Ughhh

Stanford School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 02:51
I've actually submitted 5 updates in 3 weeks since being waitlised. 3 of them were very short (couple sentences) and 2 were medium length (a 1 min video and 2 paragraph update). I'm getting anxious because I feel this is the best time to be on waitlist, so I'm updating a lot because they're taking so many people off. Hope 3 short and 2 medium isn't too much.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 05:59
Kellogg says no to deferrals. An applicant has to reapply next year if he/she can't get a visa or else attend classes online.

More info here https://www.reddit.com/r/MBA/comments/g ... llogg_mmm/
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.73

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 09:01
workout wrote:

Kellogg says no to deferrals. An applicant has to reapply next year if he/she can't get a visa.

I feel like this headline is a little bit misleading because it leaves out the option of attending the class virtually if you can't get a visa in time.
MBA Section Director
V

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 10:26
DChockey08 wrote:
workout wrote:

Kellogg says no to deferrals. An applicant has to reapply next year if he/she can't get a visa.

I feel like this headline is a little bit misleading because it leaves out the option of attending the class virtually if you can't get a visa in time.

Apologies. Corrected it. DChockey08
B
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 12:02
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

erlandgas wrote:
ILMENF wrote:

Hello there,

Would you please give me more information about the "MBA Math"? I haven't heard from any school yet, but it wouldn't hurt if I send them an update since my GMAT score is low.

Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 20:43
workout wrote:
Kellogg says no to deferrals. An applicant has to reapply next year if he/she can't get a visa or else attend classes online.

Wow..very surprised to see this. Don't really understand their rationale either. Seems like a tough way to put international students in a very uncomfortable spot between paying for a potentially very diluted experience or risking not getting in with a reapplication.
CBS School Moderator
G
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 05:04
MBA2023applicant wrote:
workout wrote:

Wow..very surprised to see this. Don't really understand their rationale either. Seems like a tough way to put international students in a very uncomfortable spot between paying for a potentially very diluted experience or risking not getting in with a reapplication.

The other side of this is domestic applicants might be facing a similar issue. If classes are online visas dont really matter and then schools would be offering deferrals to internationals to avoid online classes but domestic ones would be stuck. I dont believe classes will be online (or for very long) but thats just me being devils advocate.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 08:45
Has any one reached out to admissions to get further explanation about these new decisions?

Is it bad to be blunt and ask where do we stand in this weird application process?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 11:07
In the waitlist explanation video, it says an opt-in email will be sent out on 4/3. But I never get it. Is there anyone like me?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2020, 11:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 162 posts ] 

Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293