It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 13:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 6

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 04:29
1
This post received
KUDOS
Submitted today. Best of luck to everyone. Wharton is just a shot in the dark for me. I don't know how much appeal I have as an Indian Army captain.

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 6

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4743

Kudos [?]: 18143 [1], given: 1992

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 04:37
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
atulsunilanand wrote:
Submitted today. Best of luck to everyone. Wharton is just a shot in the dark for me. I don't know how much appeal I have as an Indian Army captain.



Indian army captain with a 760 GMAT? My bets are on you, my man!
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18143 [1], given: 1992

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 04:53
souvik101990 wrote:
atulsunilanand wrote:
Submitted today. Best of luck to everyone. Wharton is just a shot in the dark for me. I don't know how much appeal I have as an Indian Army captain.



Indian army captain with a 760 GMAT? My bets are on you, my man!

Haha. Thanks. Let's hope at least some of the colleges I am applying to overlook my below average engineering CGPA.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jun 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 11:33
Good Luck everyone! I just submitted as well! :-)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2014
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.71
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 13:53
Does anyone know when they will begin sending out interview invitations for R1? I saw Oct 31th on their website- does it mean they start sending it out on Oct 31th or that's the deadline for an invite?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 356

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 40

Location: United States (GA)
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 14:00
I believe Wharton releases all invites at once so October 31st is the only day.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 40

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2014
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: United States (CA)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.71
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 16:10
FuturePM91 wrote:
I believe Wharton releases all invites at once so October 31st is the only day.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum




Thank you!!Best of luck to all fellow applicants!! Fingers crossed!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
S
Joined: 13 Jul 2016
Posts: 24

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 342

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.74
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2017, 17:21
I submitted the app this morning. 41 days to go. Best of luck to everyone.

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 342

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Sep 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 02:50
Hi,

Can you please review my profile and let me know if I have any chance of getting into Wharton,

GMAT - 760 (Q50, V41, AWA-5, IR-8)
B.Tech. in computer science and engineering (68.78 on a scale of 100)
7 years of experience as an SAP Sales and Distribution consultant
- Worked in a global support project in Wipro (Sep 2010 - Sep 2013)
- Worked in multiple support projects and Watson Implementation project in IBM (Oct 2013 - Apr 2016)
- Have been working in Tata Steel since May 2016. Biggest projects worked on are GST Implementation and HANA Implementation at Tata Steel. Also worked on multiple small projects at Tata Steel.

Extra Curricular
- Finished the draft of my first book and it is in final review phase. I hope to get it published in a few weeks but for that to happen, I need to again concentrate on my writing. Unfortunately, I have grown very anxious after submitting my application. I really can't concentrate on anything.
- I am also working on two other fiction stories.
- I have worked as a social activist as a member of a pan India NGO. I have organized small scale community services like health and eye check up camps for the impoverished areas in and around Kolkata. I have interacted with local businessmen and organizations to raise funds for our community services. We bear the cost of cataract operations for all the people identified with cataract in our eye check up camps. We do some other affordable community services as well.
- I have worked as a political activist as a ground worker for the BJP for 2+ years. I have managed political campaigns, organized rallies and protests and run social media campaigns as a political activist.
- Twice, I tried to start my own eCommerce business. My first attempt never kicked off. On the second attempt I got bankrupt and in debt.


I have currently applied to Wharton, INSEAD, SLOAN and Stanford. All first round applications. I am not sure whether to apply to more schools or not. Any suggestions are welcome.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 May 2017
Posts: 38

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 03:57
bashob wrote:
Hi,

Can you please review my profile and let me know if I have any chance of getting into Wharton,

GMAT - 760 (Q50, V41, AWA-5, IR-8)
B.Tech. in computer science and engineering (68.78 on a scale of 100)
7 years of experience as an SAP Sales and Distribution consultant
- Worked in a global support project in Wipro (Sep 2010 - Sep 2013)
- Worked in multiple support projects and Watson Implementation project in IBM (Oct 2013 - Apr 2016)
- Have been working in Tata Steel since May 2016. Biggest projects worked on are GST Implementation and HANA Implementation at Tata Steel. Also worked on multiple small projects at Tata Steel.

Extra Curricular
- Finished the draft of my first book and it is in final review phase. I hope to get it published in a few weeks but for that to happen, I need to again concentrate on my writing. Unfortunately, I have grown very anxious after submitting my application. I really can't concentrate on anything.
- I am also working on two other fiction stories.
- I have worked as a social activist as a member of a pan India NGO. I have organized small scale community services like health and eye check up camps for the impoverished areas in and around Kolkata. I have interacted with local businessmen and organizations to raise funds for our community services. We bear the cost of cataract operations for all the people identified with cataract in our eye check up camps. We do some other affordable community services as well.
- I have worked as a political activist as a ground worker for the BJP for 2+ years. I have managed political campaigns, organized rallies and protests and run social media campaigns as a political activist.
- Twice, I tried to start my own eCommerce business. My first attempt never kicked off. On the second attempt I got bankrupt and in debt.


I have currently applied to Wharton, INSEAD, SLOAN and Stanford. All first round applications. I am not sure whether to apply to more schools or not. Any suggestions are welcome.


Your extracurriculars and GMAT are good but what is vastly more important is your work experience. Your post doesn't mention too much detail about that. How many promotions have you had? How many people do you lead? How successful have you been compared to other people?

The colleges you have applied to are incredibly selective, especially for Indian IT males. I think, if you have time, you should apply to some colleges in the 10-20 rank. Of course, you can always wait for the second round, no harm in that.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

Retired Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 253

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 85

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 06:41
Please submit profile review requests in teh "Profile Review" Thread

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 85

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4853

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2017, 00:41

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4853

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2017, 05:04
Wharton made impressive progress in recently published Forbes MBA rankings - Jumped from 7th (in 2015) to top position in current ranking. https://gmatclub.com/forum/forbes-2017- ... 50155.html
_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2017
Posts: 49

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 07:52
Does anyone’s status online say “ready for review”? My still says “submitted” but apparently your status should change to “ready for review” if all your materials are in, according to the email they sent me on 9/20.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 05 Nov 2015
Posts: 356

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 40

Location: United States (GA)
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 2.6
WE: Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 07:53
summerldr wrote:
Does anyone’s status online say “ready for review”? My still says “submitted” but apparently your status should change to “ready for review” if all your materials are in, according to the email they sent me on 9/20.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Mine says ready for review.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 40

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 4743

Kudos [?]: 18143 [0], given: 1992

Location: India
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 08:19
Mine is ready for review too. But you have to check the checklist and not the green button. The green button will say submitted at all times. As far as I know.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kudos [?]: 18143 [0], given: 1992

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2017
Posts: 49

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Oct 2017, 09:04
souvik101990 wrote:
Mine is ready for review too. But you have to check the checklist and not the green button. The green button will say submitted at all times. As far as I know.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Ah i see that now! Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Retired Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 253

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 85

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 05:27
It's crickets over here!

Where are all the Wharton applicants?

Interview invites out in 2 weeks-ish!!

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 85

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2017
Posts: 49

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 05:36
bb10 wrote:
It's crickets over here!

Where are all the Wharton applicants?

Interview invites out in 2 weeks-ish!!


Aren’t they out on 10/31?


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Retired Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 26 Jul 2016
Posts: 253

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 85

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 05:40
Oh - sorry - I thought it was the 14th :)

Still - atleast it got you posting!!

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 85

Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!   [#permalink] 04 Oct 2017, 05:40

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 217 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Wharton Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.