GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Sep 2019, 20:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 24 Jan 2019
Posts: 104
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 10:41
nightblade354 wrote:
komals06, just because you answer the question correctly does not guarantee that you will receive kudos. Although the standard varies between moderators, my baseline is that you must provide an explanation for each answer choice. Further, the explanation must be able to help someone who believes that the wrong answer choice is the correct one.


hi nightblade354

Nobody got kudos for the last SC question of 18th July. I saw only 1 explanation with kudos out of 70 explanation. Can you please verify that?
CR & LSAT Forum Moderator
User avatar
V
Status: He came. He saw. He conquered. -- Studying for the LSAT -- Corruptus in Extremis
Joined: 31 Jul 2017
Posts: 746
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Reviews Badge
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 11:32
Rohan007 wrote:
nightblade354 wrote:
komals06, just because you answer the question correctly does not guarantee that you will receive kudos. Although the standard varies between moderators, my baseline is that you must provide an explanation for each answer choice. Further, the explanation must be able to help someone who believes that the wrong answer choice is the correct one.


hi nightblade354

Nobody got kudos for the last SC question of 18th July. I saw only 1 explanation with kudos out of 70 explanation. Can you please verify that?


Check again. If there’s only one, post the link

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
D-Day: November 18th, 2017

My CR Guide: Here

My RC Guide: Here

Want to be a moderator? We may want you to be one! See how: Here
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 13 Feb 2018
Posts: 448
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
Premium Member
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 19 Jul 2019, 12:03
nightblade354
This is the one with only two KUDOS

https://gmatclub.com/forum/whereas-amer ... 00486.html

Beware there may be lot's of explanations edited after the OA was revealed :)

Originally posted by LevanKhukhunashvili on 19 Jul 2019, 11:59.
Last edited by LevanKhukhunashvili on 19 Jul 2019, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
D
Joined: 25 Sep 2018
Posts: 404
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.97
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
CAT Tests
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 12:03
LevanKhukhunashvili wrote:


Those kudos aren't given by moderators. so in all, nobody has received them.
_________________
Why do we fall?...So we can learn to pick ourselves up again
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 13 Feb 2018
Posts: 448
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
Premium Member
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 12:04
Abhi077
By the way, how do you check who gave the KUDO? :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 108
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 12:07
LevanKhukhunashvili wrote:
Abhi077
By the way, how do you check who gave the KUDO? :)


On the left side (on pc) click on the count of kudos... For example 5.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 24 Jun 2019
Posts: 108
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 12:10
LevanKhukhunashvili wrote:
nightblade354
This is the one with only two KUDOS

https://gmatclub.com/forum/whereas-amer ... 00486.html

Beware there may be lot's of explanations edited after the OA was revealed :)



I don't think anyone will get 100 points now even if they get kudos.

I may be wrong.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18084
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 12:33
3

!
One of the GOT Topics, the https://gmatclub.com/forum/whereas-amer ... 00486.html topic did not receive any Moderator Kudos - I am sorry, I was traveling all day and it seems there was a confusion about this particular question and none of the moderators awarded Kudos.

We will award Kudos tomorrow and run the counts. Only posts made within 24 hours will count. Please do not edit them as posts edited after the cut off time will not be counted. Thank you.

_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Status: eternal student
Joined: 06 Mar 2018
Posts: 290
Location: Kazakhstan
GPA: 3.87
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 12:37
bb wrote:

!
One of the GOT Topics, the https://gmatclub.com/forum/whereas-amer ... 00486.html topic did not receive any Moderator Kudos - I am sorry, I was traveling all day and it seems there was a confusion about this particular question and none of the moderators awarded Kudos.

We will award Kudos tomorrow and run the counts. Only posts made within 24 hours will count. Please do not edit them as posts edited after the cut off time will not be counted. Thank you.

Attachment:
1ole.gif
1ole.gif [ 17.45 KiB | Viewed 569 times ]

_________________
My SC approach flowchart

(no one is ideal, please correct if you see any mistakes or gaps in my explanation, it will be helpful for both of us, thank you)

___________________
"Nothing in this life is to be feared, it is only to be understood"
~ Marie Curie
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 06 Feb 2019
Posts: 107
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2019, 14:18
bb, I'd like to thank you and all members involved for such a fun and useful game. It's fascinating, interesting and engaging. I hope to become a useful member of GMATclub community. The theory states that we need 30 days to form a habit. I hope that it's true and I will participate in forum's life after the end of this game. Thank you!
Director
Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 571
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GPA: 3.97
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 10:23
https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-unemploy ... s#p2318442

Initially a notification said 2 kudos and then when i clicked there were no kudos..
Was there a glitch?
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18084
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 10:27
globaldesi wrote:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-unemployment-rate-in-prelandia-fell-from-8-percent-in-1881-to-7-pe-300581.html?fl=notifications#p2318442

Initially a notification said 2 kudos and then when i clicked there were no kudos..
Was there a glitch?


We’re they from users? If so, they were deleted because users can’t see your posts and therefore should not give kudos for the posts they can’t see, which means it was a mistake.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Director
Director
User avatar
D
Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 571
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GPA: 3.97
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 10:33
bb wrote:
globaldesi wrote:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-unemployment-rate-in-prelandia-fell-from-8-percent-in-1881-to-7-pe-300581.html?fl=notifications#p2318442

Initially a notification said 2 kudos and then when i clicked there were no kudos..
Was there a glitch?


We’re they from users? If so, they were deleted because users can’t see your posts and therefore should not give kudos for the posts they can’t see, which means it was a mistake.

Posted from my mobile device

One i dont know but this one was from you. Not sure. by the time i saw it was bb and I opened, both were gone :) .
Just checked my mail. One was from you and other was by some user names Vikas1211
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 154
Location: Canada
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 15:42
1
Do we need to wait one more week or announce Wildings as winners already :)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 28 Jan 2019
Posts: 124
Location: Peru
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2019, 16:11
1
I'll just leave a quote:“Fear cuts deeper than swords.”
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 18 Jun 2013
Posts: 136
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 00:33
There is some issue in the scoring.

I posted 5 explanations on Saturday and got only 40 points. I answered all 5 correctly and got only 30 points. Something is not getting captured correctly here.

Can someone confirm on this please?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Status: eternal student
Joined: 06 Mar 2018
Posts: 290
Location: Kazakhstan
GPA: 3.87
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 03:13
gmatenthureturns wrote:
Do we need to wait one more week or announce Wildings as winners already :)


don't underestimate other teams
one move can change everything
_________________
My SC approach flowchart

(no one is ideal, please correct if you see any mistakes or gaps in my explanation, it will be helpful for both of us, thank you)

___________________
"Nothing in this life is to be feared, it is only to be understood"
~ Marie Curie
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 225
Location: India
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
CAT Tests
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 03:48
1
gmatenthureturns wrote:
Do we need to wait one more week or announce Wildings as winners already :)


Everyone feared Wildlings for 7 seasons but we all know what happened in 8th(last week). :)
_________________
Ephemeral Epiphany..!

GMATPREP1 590(Q48,V23) March 6, 2019
GMATPREP2 610(Q44,V29) June 10, 2019
GMATPREPSoft1 680(Q48,V35) June 26, 2019
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 18084
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 04:31
1
somesh86 wrote:
There is some issue in the scoring.

I posted 5 explanations on Saturday and got only 40 points. I answered all 5 correctly and got only 30 points. Something is not getting captured correctly here.

Can someone confirm on this please?


You can easily put 2 minutes of work and figure out which post you did not get points or kudos. And figure out what you missed.

If you don’t want to take the time, I will be happy to investigate for you with the condition that if there is no issue with the system and you posted late or posted twice or something else that is obvious and did not require my attention, you will be charged 20 kudos for my services.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 06 Jun 2019
Posts: 116
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2019, 04:38
bb wrote:
somesh86 wrote:
There is some issue in the scoring.

I posted 5 explanations on Saturday and got only 40 points. I answered all 5 correctly and got only 30 points. Something is not getting captured correctly here.

Can someone confirm on this please?


You can easily put 2 minutes of work and figure out which post you did not get points or kudos. And figure out what you missed.

If you don’t want to take the time, I will be happy to investigate for you with the condition that if there is no issue with the system and you posted late or posted twice or something else that is obvious and did not require my attention, you will be charged 20 kudos for my services.

Posted from my mobile device


No doubt that is the most expensive service on the gmatclub :-D
_________________
Bruce Lee: “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
GMAC: “I fear not the aspirant who has practiced 10,000 questions, but I fear the aspirant who has learnt the most out of every single question.” :lol:
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes   [#permalink] 21 Jul 2019, 04:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  25    Next  [ 496 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Game of Timers - Join the Competition to Win Prizes

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne