GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Aug 2019, 19:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Just a tad bit of motivation!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Just a tad bit of motivation!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 13:29
Hi all,

I feel all of us at some moment or the other feel demotivated in life. Similarly, while preparing for GMAT, many of us might be going through low phases when they feel that nothing is going right and they can't do it. I am starting this thread where I would be putting some motivational thoughts/stories which might help keep us going. Please free to add to it if you feel like.

Hope this might some help some of you!

So here's the first:

The Glass of Water
[Author Unknown]

A psychologist was teaching stress management to a large audience. As she walked around the room, she held a glass of water out in front of her.

As she raised the glass high for everyone to see, they expected her to ask the "half empty, or half full", question.

Instead, with a smile on her face, she asked, "How heavy is this glass of water?"

The answers that were called out from the crowd ranged anywhere from 8 to 20 ounces.

She replied, "The absolute weight of this glass really doesn't matter —so much depends on how long I hold it:

If I hold it for a minute, it isn't a problem.
If I hold it for an hour, I'll get a muscle cramp in my arm.
But, if I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb, maybe even paralyzed.
In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are just like this glass of water:

Think about them for a little while and nothing happens.
Think about them a bit longer, and they begin to hurt.
And, if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed and incapable of doing anything about them at all."
It's important that we remember to let go of our stresses and not carry our burdens through the evening and into the night.

We have to remember ... to put the glass down.

Hope it inspired you! Don't give up! Also, do share this to someone if you feel they need this!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Just a tad bit of motivation!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 12:43
HarshitT wrote:
Hi all,

I feel all of us at some moment or the other feel demotivated in life. Similarly, while preparing for GMAT, many of us might be going through low phases when they feel that nothing is going right and they can't do it. I am starting this thread where I would be putting some motivational thoughts/stories which might help keep us going. Please free to add to it if you feel like.

Hope this might some help some of you!

So here's the first:

The Glass of Water
[Author Unknown]

A psychologist was teaching stress management to a large audience. As she walked around the room, she held a glass of water out in front of her.

As she raised the glass high for everyone to see, they expected her to ask the "half empty, or half full", question.

Instead, with a smile on her face, she asked, "How heavy is this glass of water?"

The answers that were called out from the crowd ranged anywhere from 8 to 20 ounces.

She replied, "The absolute weight of this glass really doesn't matter —so much depends on how long I hold it:

If I hold it for a minute, it isn't a problem.
If I hold it for an hour, I'll get a muscle cramp in my arm.
But, if I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb, maybe even paralyzed.
In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are just like this glass of water:

Think about them for a little while and nothing happens.
Think about them a bit longer, and they begin to hurt.
And, if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed and incapable of doing anything about them at all."
It's important that we remember to let go of our stresses and not carry our burdens through the evening and into the night.

We have to remember ... to put the glass down.

Hope it inspired you! Don't give up! Also, do share this to someone if you feel they need this!

I'm pretty sure DisciplinedPrep will remove this post as it adds no value to the forum
He removed one of mine as well, it was a lot similar to this one
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 21:37
Thanks HarshitT!

I certainly appreciate any motivation and inspiration I can get. :)
VP
VP
V
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 23:15
here you go ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8f1fKsiLvE

Do you need official questions for Quant?
3700 Unique Official GMAT Quant Questions
------
SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
GMAT Club Tests
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Just a tad bit of motivation!   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2019, 23:15

Just a tad bit of motivation!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep