GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Mar 2019, 15:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GRE 1: Q164 V170
GPA: 3
WE: Education (Education)
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 05:06
Hey, all. Confused somethat by timelines. I heard somewhere (here?) that the draft is on the 13th. Not sure the veracity of that intel, but it seems about right based on prior years. Many schools that I applied to have decision dates of March 14th and tend to call accepted students the day before official decision releases (in this case, the 13th). Would it be reasonable to expect a call on the day of the draft? This, of course, assumes an admit which may/may not be reasonable to begin with. Ha!

Posted from my mobile device
Consortium Thread Master
S
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE: Analyst (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 08:05
imlookingfortips wrote:
Hmm...quick question: Does anyone know if Consortium members get knowledge about admission before the school sends out official notices? The day before I received an official interview invite from Kelley a Consortium student contacted me and asked about my interview.

Now I received a random email from a Consortium student ambassador at one of the schools I interviewed over 2 weeks ago asking me if I had questions about the school and Consortium. Do you think that could be an indication of an incoming acceptance?

Not sure if they know regarding admissions, but I would still have your game face one. FWIW I got a couple of touch points with people from schools admit team and students post the interview.. I'd take it as a good sign for sure, but keep letting them know how much you want to go to their school and most importantly the why :)

Sending positive thoughts your way!

GMAT Debrief: 590 to 710 - 5 best tips

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 08:09
edgeook8 wrote:
Hey, all. Confused somethat by timelines. I heard somewhere (here?) that the draft is on the 13th. Not sure the veracity of that intel, but it seems about right based on prior years. Many schools that I applied to have decision dates of March 14th and tend to call accepted students the day before official decision releases (in this case, the 13th). Would it be reasonable to expect a call on the day of the draft? This, of course, assumes an admit which may/may not be reasonable to begin with. Ha!

I just emailed the Consortium about this, and they said they are releasing info about Memberships/Fellowships to applicants at the the end of the month.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Goizueta '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 13:59
BR530 wrote:
edgeook8 wrote:

I just emailed the Consortium about this, and they said they are releasing info about Memberships/Fellowships to applicants at the the end of the month.

That is really late! Did they give an actual date? I remember them saying a few months ago that the decisions would be released March 15.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.98
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 14:01
Not sure how accurate this statement is, but I've been told the "MBA Draft" is on March 13th. I was told I'd hear about fellowship offers either the end of that week or early the following.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 14:10
When i talked to the director he said March 22 the draft day is March 13 but students won’t know until March 22...it’s really not that clear

Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q154 V152
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 18:56
Does anyone know the what percentage of applicants get the fellowship?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2019, 21:17
ReadytoSOAR wrote:
BR530 wrote:
edgeook8 wrote:

That is really late! Did they give an actual date? I remember them saying a few months ago that the decisions would be released March 15.

My understanding is the Consortium updates their portal system to show your membership/fellowship decisions at the end of the month. Individual schools may release their admission/scholarship information in advance of the Consortium. Hope that clarifies
Consortium Thread Master
S
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 02:24
Xtarion wrote:

The data is a bit difficult to interpret since it does not provide easy to consume sub-segmentation, but, in general, of the 465 who enrolled at a member school, 249 of them had a fellowship. However, 413 were offered fellowship (it is not clear whether this number includes multiple offers, etc.)

Check out this report for full info!

Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q154 V152
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:00
energy2pe wrote:
Xtarion wrote:

The data is a bit difficult to interpret since it does not provide easy to consume sub-segmentation, but, in general, of the 465 who enrolled at a member school, 249 of them had a fellowship. However, 413 were offered fellowship (it is not clear whether this number includes multiple offers, etc.)

Thanks. Those numbers seem like good odds. I know the fellowship covers tuition and fees. Does anyone know if it’s possible to get money from the school to cover cost of living?
Consortium Thread Master
S
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 14:41
Xtarion wrote:
energy2pe wrote:
Xtarion wrote:

Thanks. Those numbers seem like good odds. I know the fellowship covers tuition and fees. Does anyone know if it’s possible to get money from the school to cover cost of living?

fwiw, most schools will not offer more money on top of full tuition.. but I've heard anecdotes that schools have offered covering some of the cost of living in addition to full tuition, but this was for need based aid.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Goizueta '21 (A)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 16:39
Recruiting sent out an email with details on notifications. Good luck to everyone

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 12:29
question... through the consortium, has anyone been dinged before the announcement deadline? I applied to Tuck and havent heard anything, not even an interview.... so I was wondering if you could be waitlisted through the consortium, dinged before the announcement or if i should just count it as a ding lol
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q154 V159
WE: Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 13:34
Had a question regarding the Consortium and school deadlines.

4/6 schools rejected me so far. 1 placed me on a waiting list. The final school will release decisions on Friday. If I am placed on a waiting list for both, what does that mean in terms of membership/fellowship if either school decides to accept me sometime next month? Are applicants considered only by March 13th and if not accepted are rejected by The Consortium?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 05:35
letmein305 wrote:
question... through the consortium, has anyone been dinged before the announcement deadline? I applied to Tuck and havent heard anything, not even an interview.... so I was wondering if you could be waitlisted through the consortium, dinged before the announcement or if i should just count it as a ding lol

You could be waitlisted. It all depends on the school. You may not be considered for the fellowship anyone more, but I am not sure if you can be still considered for Consortium membership. I would not lose hope until you get a ding from the school

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 08:53
Sending positive energy to St. Louis, while they decide our fates. I think we all want fellowships and I hope many of us receive great news next Friday! All I can do is hope and pray that I get fellowship at my desired school :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 10:29
Are any of you anticipating notifications today from schools you’ve applied to?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 10:31
nortiz wrote:
Are any of you anticipating notifications today from schools you’ve applied to?

No, I’m expecting communication on March 22nd but I’d love it if they could tell us earlier. I will update as soon as I get my call!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.98
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 10:33
I'm curious to see if any Haas applicants have heard back. I've only seen one Consortium member hear anything from Haas (noted on Livewire).
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q35 V32
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.59
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2019, 10:41
bschoolapp1 wrote:
I'm curious to see if any Haas applicants have heard back. I've only seen one Consortium member hear anything from Haas (noted on Livewire).

I haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm hoping to. I wish they would all just tell us on Friday. I'm on edge now and get anxious/excited each time I get a phone call or email. I wish everyone here the best! :: shoots up some prayers ::
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2019, 10:41

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17    Next  [ 339 posts ] 

Calling all Consortium MBA Applicants - 2019 Intake!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: energy2pe

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap