GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 22:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2015
Posts: 56
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.66
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 09:11
I wrote to my Waitlist manager. Waitlisted again.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2020
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 09:46
Cheryl Jones?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2015
Posts: 56
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.66
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 09:51
Merav Frazier.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Mar 2020
Posts: 4
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 12:03
Well i got into UNC too. If Darden doesn't work out maybe I'll see you in Chapel Hill
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Sep 2019
Posts: 40
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 05:53
I was just waitlisted in R2. Darden is easily my top choice but I’m a little nervous about waiting until July to find out. At least that’s what it said in my letter. I really hope it’s not that long of a wait.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Posts: 21
Location: United States (MD)
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2020, 08:47
manpaslop wrote:
Did any of you had the chat with the adcom after being waitlisted? I have scheduled mine tomorrow.


How did that chat go? I was waitlisted this past Wednesday and I have the chat this upcoming Monday. What kind of feedback was given to you?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2020, 19:36
Hey did anyone waitlisted in Early Round or R1 get an admit/dinge?
I think they didn't move the waitlist bucket much till March 18th except for adding a few more people who applied in R2!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Posts: 21
Location: United States (MD)
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2020, 19:55
vishesh94 wrote:
Hey did anyone waitlisted in Early Round or R1 get an admit/dinge?
I think they didn't move the waitlist bucket much till March 18th except for adding a few more people who applied in R2!


I think I saw two individuals get in, but other than that not much movement. I found myself on the waitlist so hopefully I’ll get off in the near future.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Mar 2019
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 05:05
Hey all, apart from submitting the required essay to the adcom, any of you getting in touch with adcom regularly asking for anything more that can be done to improve their candidacy? I've heard some schools are receptive to such proactiveness, but some schools are not.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 May 2015
Posts: 56
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.66
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 05:20
1
henryjohnson wrote:
Hey all, apart from submitting the required essay to the adcom, any of you getting in touch with adcom regularly asking for anything more that can be done to improve their candidacy? I've heard some schools are receptive to such proactiveness, but some schools are not.


I have been in touch with my Interviewer/Waitlist Manager. Have provided 4 updates (Toefl score, Work developments, Interest in Darden, Offers from other schools). Everytime, got a reply that the information will be added to my file, but still no luck.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Sep 2019
Posts: 40
GPA: 3.2
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 07:26
btharun2008 wrote:
henryjohnson wrote:
Hey all, apart from submitting the required essay to the adcom, any of you getting in touch with adcom regularly asking for anything more that can be done to improve their candidacy? I've heard some schools are receptive to such proactiveness, but some schools are not.


I have been in touch with my Interviewer/Waitlist Manager. Have provided 4 updates (Toefl score, Work developments, Interest in Darden, Offers from other schools). Everytime, got a reply that the information will be added to my file, but still no luck.


From what I've been told by my waitlist manager, there won't be any movement on the waitlist until early May at best. The second round of deposits for the R1 applicants is due 24 April. So I expect that this plus seeing how many apps have been submitted for R3 at that point will be the dictating factors.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 88
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.51
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 16:56
MBAVet25 wrote:
btharun2008 wrote:
henryjohnson wrote:
Hey all, apart from submitting the required essay to the adcom, any of you getting in touch with adcom regularly asking for anything more that can be done to improve their candidacy? I've heard some schools are receptive to such proactiveness, but some schools are not.


I have been in touch with my Interviewer/Waitlist Manager. Have provided 4 updates (Toefl score, Work developments, Interest in Darden, Offers from other schools). Everytime, got a reply that the information will be added to my file, but still no luck.


From what I've been told by my waitlist manager, there won't be any movement on the waitlist until early May at best. The second round of deposits for the R1 applicants is due 24 April. So I expect that this plus seeing how many apps have been submitted for R3 at that point will be the dictating factors.



Were you requested by your waitlist manager to write essays?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Posts: 21
Location: United States (MD)
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2020, 18:54
chestud13 wrote:
MBAVet25 wrote:
btharun2008 wrote:
I have been in touch with my Interviewer/Waitlist Manager. Have provided 4 updates (Toefl score, Work developments, Interest in Darden, Offers from other schools). Everytime, got a reply that the information will be added to my file, but still no luck.


From what I've been told by my waitlist manager, there won't be any movement on the waitlist until early May at best. The second round of deposits for the R1 applicants is due 24 April. So I expect that this plus seeing how many apps have been submitted for R3 at that point will be the dictating factors.



Were you requested by your waitlist manager to write essays?


I wasn’t required to write an essay, they kind of requested that I take an online accounting class. What were your essays about?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2019
Posts: 21
Location: United States (NY)
GPA: 3.63
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2020, 12:59
essmith1993 wrote:

From what I've been told by my waitlist manager, there won't be any movement on the waitlist until early May at best. The second round of deposits for the R1 applicants is due 24 April. So I expect that this plus seeing how many apps have been submitted for R3 at that point will be the dictating factors.



Were you requested by your waitlist manager to write essays?[/quote]

I wasn’t required to write an essay, they kind of requested that I take an online accounting class. What were your essays about?

Posted from my mobile device[/quote]

I also was told to take a course. Signed up for Harvard CORe!

Wishing you all much luck throughout this process!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Dec 2017
Posts: 21
Location: United States (MD)
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2020, 15:50
baobaoxiu wrote:
essmith1993 wrote:

I wasn’t required to write an essay, they kind of requested that I take an online accounting class. What were your essays about?

Posted from my mobile device


I also was told to take a course. Signed up for Harvard CORe!

Wishing you all much luck throughout this process!


I was recommended to take a Coursera Accounting Course that I recently finished. I submitted my certificate of completion and am back to waiting again. If you don't mind answering, what other feedback was given to you on your waitlist call? Did they mention the strength or weakness of your overall application and what factors led you to having to take a course (Low GPA, non business major, etc.)?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2019
Posts: 21
Location: United States (NY)
GPA: 3.63
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2020, 17:10
essmith1993 wrote:
baobaoxiu wrote:
essmith1993 wrote:

I wasn’t required to write an essay, they kind of requested that I take an online accounting class. What were your essays about?

Posted from my mobile device


I also was told to take a course. Signed up for Harvard CORe!

Wishing you all much luck throughout this process!


I was recommended to take a Coursera Accounting Course that I recently finished. I submitted my certificate of completion and am back to waiting again. If you don't mind answering, what other feedback was given to you on your waitlist call? Did they mention the strength or weakness of your overall application and what factors led you to having to take a course (Low GPA, non business major, etc.)?


I have a weak GMAT but high GPA. They noted the rest of my application was solid, but that I needed to show that I could take on the quantitative rigor of the MBA program.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2019
Posts: 9
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Apr 2020, 21:59
Hey

Do the applicants waitlisted in Early round or R1 and still on the waitlist need to resend their previous updates for review?

Ross asks to re-submit on their portal but did not see any such email from Darden.

Originally posted by vishesh94 on 09 Apr 2020, 18:22.
Last edited by vishesh94 on 10 Apr 2020, 21:59, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Oct 2019
Posts: 21
Location: United States (NY)
GPA: 3.63
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2020, 11:55
2
I just received a call, and have been admitted off the waitlist. I am beyond grateful, and super excited. I had my call on the 20th of March, submitted an essay on the 30th, and heard back today, April 10th. If anyone has questions or if I can be of help, I am here to assist!
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3595
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2020, 11:56
vishesh94 wrote:
Hey

Are the applicants waitlisted in Early round or R1 and still on the waitlist need to resend their previous updates for review?

Ross asks to re-submit on their portal but did not see any such email from Darden.


vishesh94

I guess you should also reach out to your waitlist manager regarding this question. Did you email them?
_________________
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3595
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2020, 11:58
baobaoxiu wrote:
I just received a call, and have been admitted off the waitlist. I am beyond grateful, and super excited. I had my call on the 20th of March, submitted an essay on the 30th, and heard back today, April 10th. If anyone has questions or if I can be of help, I am here to assist!


Congratulations baobaoxiu

Did you get any hint on if they are making more calls to waitlisted applicants? Also, what do you think might have helped you to secure an admit?
_________________
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2020, 11:58

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 65 posts ] 

Calling all UVA Darden Waitlisted Applicants: 2020 Intake!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: kiryuken






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne