GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 22 Jan 2020, 13:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

First GMAT - scored just 650; Need help with strategy

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Verbal   
Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V29
WE: Education (Education)
CAT Tests
First GMAT - scored just 650; Need help with strategy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 00:00
Dear All,

I gave my GMAT and scored 650.
IR : 6, Quants:50, Verbal:29
I gave 2 official preptests and scored around 36 in Verbal, however in real GMAT the quants score went down to 29
I need help in Verbal and want to increase the score to V40 as I want to apply in R3 in US B-schools
My aim is to score 710+ in the next attempt by January 2nd week.
kindly help!
CrackVerbal Co-Founder
B
Schools: IIMA
Re: First GMAT - scored just 650; Need help with strategy  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 01:32
mohitdewan wrote:
Dear All,

I gave 2 official preptests and scored around 36 in Verbal, however in real GMAT the quants score went down to 29
I need help in Verbal and want to increase the score to V40 as I want to apply in R3 in US B-schools
kindly help!

Hi mohitdewan,

It's important to look at your ESR and analyze where you could have gone wrong. In such cases mostly it is a problem when you see difficult questions or 700+ level questions on the test.
I would also want to know what all have you already done to prepare? I wanted to understand your practice strategy. If we are looking at R3, it would be really important to improve your score by at least a 60-80 points. The higher the better.

Please do PM me if you are looking at specific help.

Regards,
Shree
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 11:03
CrackVerbalShree wrote:
mohitdewan wrote:
Dear All,

kindly help!

Hi mohitdewan,

It's important to look at your ESR and analyze where you could have gone wrong. In such cases mostly it is a problem when you see difficult questions or 700+ level questions on the test.
I would also want to know what all have you already done to prepare? I wanted to understand your practice strategy. If we are looking at R3, it would be really important to improve your score by at least a 60-80 points. The higher the better.

Please do PM me if you are looking at specific help.

Regards,
Shree

Could you tell me "why", please?
Thanks__

SEARCH FOR ALL TAGS
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2019, 11:52
mohitdewan wrote:
Dear All,

kindly help!

Hi mohitdewan,

Welcome to GMATCLUB! To improve your scores in verbal , you can consider e-gmat verbal online or the e-gmat verbal live course. They are both amazing courses especially designed for non-natives. They offer almost 25% of their courses for free so you can try out their free trial to decide which one you want to go for. Plus the e-gmat Scholaranium which is included in both the courses is one of the best verbal practice tools in the market. You can easily track your progress in that you can identify your strengths and analyze and improve on your weak areas.

Further taking multiple mocks might help. Apart from the GMATPREP, Manhattan GMAT tests and Veritas Prep Tests in my experience have good verbal and Quant section and will certainly help you point out and improve your weak areas.

I would also encourage you to purchase the official GMAT questions from mba.com for some great additional practice. Further you should also consider LSAT Questions for some great RC practice.

Hope this helps. All the best.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: First GMAT - scored just 650; Need help with strategy   [#permalink] 07 Dec 2019, 11:52

First GMAT - scored just 650; Need help with strategy

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics