GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 30 Mar 2020, 23:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants 2020 Intake; Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants 2020 Intake; Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 05:07
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
himanshut85 wrote:
Guys can anyone confirm if the application status gets updated to "under review" once they start reviewing your app or does it still reflects submitted.
I have submitted app in Round 3, however, my status says only submitted and I am not able to track regarding the status of the documents that I have submitted.

Posted from my mobile device

It'll change to Under Review once they start reviewing, it might take them some time though...it's not immediate.

Usually how long do they take for changing the status from Under Review to either an invitation to interview/rejected?
HBS Forum Moderator
B
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants 2020 Intake; Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2020, 05:45
eishmehta wrote:
wallstreetmonkey7 wrote:
himanshut85 wrote:
Guys can anyone confirm if the application status gets updated to "under review" once they start reviewing your app or does it still reflects submitted.
I have submitted app in Round 3, however, my status says only submitted and I am not able to track regarding the status of the documents that I have submitted.

It'll change to Under Review once they start reviewing, it might take them some time though...it's not immediate.

Usually how long do they take for changing the status from Under Review to either an invitation to interview/rejected?

For me they took about 2-2.5 months and it was after I already interviewed and was accepted. They didn't really update the system as an indicator of progress on the app.
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 13:28
Does it make sense to apply to Cornell in round 3 as an international applicant (indian)? I mean are they accepting of international applicants in round 3?
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 14:02
admission2020 wrote:
Does it make sense to apply to Cornell in round 3 as an international applicant (indian)? I mean are they accepting of international applicants in round 3?

The following is from their Important Dates page:
"International students requiring F-1 visa sponsorship must apply by the January 8th deadline."

https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions/important-dates/
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 23:06
s1lntz wrote:
admission2020 wrote:

"International students requiring F-1 visa sponsorship must apply by the January 8th deadline."

https://www.johnson.cornell.edu/programs/full-time-mba/admissions/important-dates/

That is mentioned just for their one-year MBA program and not for the 2-year program.
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 01:34
admission2020 wrote:
s1lntz wrote:
admission2020 wrote:

That is mentioned just for their one-year MBA program and not for the 2-year program.

Sure, but considering the final notification date for the April round (2-year program) is June 1st, I would imagine the same visa concerns would apply.

But reach out to admissions I guess if you want an official answer.

Good Luck.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 05:02
wabo22, after how many days did you get an invite for the interview? My profile is under review since Jan 11th but no status update nor an email from the Adcom.
HBS Forum Moderator
B
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 05:27
eishmehta wrote:
wabo22, after how many days did you get an invite for the interview? My profile is under review since Jan 11th but no status update nor an email from the Adcom.

Hi eishmehta--for me it was 5 weeks after the deadline (7 weeks post-submission) that I got an invite. Interview for LEAD was four additional weeks later.
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 19:11
Have any waitlisted applicants been admitted yet?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2020, 22:49
Applied to Cornell on 8th Jan. My portal status still shows "under review". Is this normal? Or am I out of contention?

Kellogg School Moderator
S
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 2.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 02:32
Nikki4221 wrote:
Applied to Cornell on 8th Jan. My portal status still shows "under review". Is this normal? Or am I out of contention?

Mine says the same. A few posts above you can see an admitted student from last round. He/she didn't receive his/her interview invite until 5 weeks after the deadline. We're at about 3 weeks right now.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 02:40
If anybody wants, feel free to create a public or private chat group for the Admitted or Waitlisted Applicants. Just go to the chat https://gmatclub.com/chat and click New chat group and that’s pretty much it :-)

You can choose it to be public or invitation only.

Thx
BB.

B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 04:27
Yes, started a chat for Cornell/johnson

Feel free to update :-)

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 09:15
Lekoben wrote:
Nikki4221 wrote:

Mine says the same. A few posts above you can see an admitted student from last round. He/she didn't receive his/her interview invite until 5 weeks after the deadline. We're at about 3 weeks right now.

Mine has been "under review" for over a week now.
In previous rounds, interview invites were reported up until the day of the "initial notification" deadline.
The initial notification deadline for the January round unfortunately is 3/20/2020.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.46
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 13:23
When do the R3 interviews invites typically start coming out? Has anyone been through the Cornell data from Livewire and Decision Tracker?

I always wondered why Cornell says they will send interviews for R3 up until March 20th. Seems like a very long wait from the deadline of Jan 8th. And then you have to wait until April to get the final decision. The April final decision is much later than other Top 15 US schools.

s1lntz wrote:
Lekoben wrote:
Nikki4221 wrote:

Mine has been "under review" for over a week now.
In previous rounds, interview invites were reported up until the day of the "initial notification" deadline.
The initial notification deadline for the January round unfortunately is 3/20/2020.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 13:28
[quote="TheRealFT"]When do the R3 interviews invites typically start coming out? Has anyone been through the Cornell data from Livewire and Decision Tracker?

I always wondered why Cornell says they will send interviews for R3 up until March 20th. Seems like a very long wait from the deadline of Jan 8th. And then you have to wait until April to get the final decision. The April final decision is much later than other Top 15 US schools.

I think this is because they have a Round 2 option. So Round 3 may indicate to them that Johnson isn't your top choice, and they are focusing on building their class as they see fit. Even for R2, people can hear back until 20Feb.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.41

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 07:05
Hi-i just checked my portal and it says Schedule Interview. Do you know how long the email typically takes to come in in order to do that? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 07:27
markmba1990 wrote:
Hi-i just checked my portal and it says Schedule Interview. Do you know how long the email typically takes to come in in order to do that? Thanks!

Congrats! People reported receiving email as late as a day after noticing the status change on portal. Although most seem to notice status change in morning and receive email later the same day.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 09:09
Anybody from the November round (who interviewed) hear back yet about Acceptance?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.01

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 09:33
dileepsv wrote:
Anybody from the November round (who interviewed) hear back yet about Acceptance?

I interviewed November round and haven't heard back. Looks like they haven't started calling people yet, maybe because they recently released some R3 interview invites they will start calling R2 candidates soon.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants 2020 Intake; Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2020, 09:33

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14    Next  [ 277 posts ] 

Calling all Cornell Johnson MBA Applicants 2020 Intake; Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: vinayakvaish, chanjaso