GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 18:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Aug 2018
Posts: 103
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2020, 08:04
Priyanka1293 wrote:
Does UNC release the decision on the exact decision date or it can be before the date as well?

It was on the exact decision date for me
Kellogg School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 79
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
CAT Tests
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2020, 09:12
admission2020 wrote:
Priyanka1293 wrote:
Does UNC release the decision on the exact decision date or it can be before the date as well?

It was on the exact decision date for me


Okay. Thank you!
Admitted from WL
02 Mar, 2020
10 Apr 2020, 15:42
psm9004 GRE: 326, Q159, V167; United States, WA; via Portal_update
From waitlist to a 100k fellowship. [#permalink]
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3598
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2020, 01:35
psm9004 wrote:
From waitlist to a 100k fellowship.
Admitted from WL on: 2020/03/02
GRE: 326, Q159, V167
Location: United States, WA
Heard back via: Portal_update

Posted from my mobile device


Wow!!! That's crazy psm9004 Congratulations. Can you tell us what kind of updates did you submit when you were on waitlist?
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jan 2020
Posts: 26
Location: United States (WA)
GRE 1: Q159 V167
GPA: 3.47
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2020, 05:21
3
Hi! Sure thing!

Here is my timeline!

I was waitlisted March 2nd. TBH I was pretty surprised about this. I thought I would get in.
I accepted my waitlist position and some professional quantitative enrichment courses I’d taken, but no new scores or job updates. I had been promoted the month before and reminded them of that.
I was accepted off the waitlist on March 23rd.
Offered a 60 K scholarship on March 30th, I then reached out to schedule a call to chat about scholarship matching with other schools, a new job promotion, and how CoVid 19 had been affecting my family.

I never got a call back but Got an email that my fellowship was increased to 100 K on April 3rd and that I’d been given a deposit extension!

The whole thing is pretty bizarre. I don’t know why I was waitlisted, and I’ve never gotten a call through out this process, but am likely going to UNC this fall as this covers 90% of tuition

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3598
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2020, 09:47
psm9004 wrote:
The whole thing is pretty bizarre. I don’t know why I was waitlisted, and I’ve never gotten a call through out this process, but am likely going to UNC this fall as this covers 90% of tuition

Posted from my mobile device


psm9004

That sounds very interesting. Did you interview at Kenan-Flagler?

Also, if you need any help in deciding between schools, I suggest you make a new topic in the following forum.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-whi ... hoose-192/
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Aug 2017
Posts: 6
Location: United States (IN)
GMAT 1: 200 Q49 V40
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2020, 20:39
Just saw an update on the decision tracker for an admit. Have round 3 decisions started to come out?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2019
Posts: 10
Location: Nigeria
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 04:52
Any updates on application decisions for R3?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2020
Posts: 3
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 05:13
Owee wrote:
Any updates on application decisions for R3?


I’m anxious! But going off the R2 Clearadmit wire updates, the admit notifications seem to trickle out today then over the next 2 days and like our interviews, we will get an email to check the portal.

Good luck to you!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Dec 2018
Posts: 15
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 07:55
Any news, anyone? I wonder how many applicants they actually had this round.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2019
Posts: 10
Location: Nigeria
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 07:57
Check the portal for an update. I did and was dinged.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3598
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 08:30
UNC Kenan-Flagler DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Admitted, 8 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:690 (Q48 V36), GPA: 3.13, Industry: Military & Defense, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 32 minutes ago, from Russian Federation, GMAT:660 (Q49 V31), GPA: 3.65, Industry: Retail, WE 120, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________
Kellogg School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 79
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
CAT Tests
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 08:52
Owee wrote:
Any updates on application decisions for R3?


Got an update around an hour back.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Dec 2018
Posts: 15
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 08:54
Priyanka1293 wrote:
Owee wrote:
Any updates on application decisions for R3?


Got an update around an hour back.


Congrats! So the scholarship was mentioned in the admission letter, right?
Kellogg School Moderator
avatar
S
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Posts: 79
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
CAT Tests
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 08:57
Zandler wrote:
Priyanka1293 wrote:
Owee wrote:
Any updates on application decisions for R3?


Got an update around an hour back.


Congrats! So the scholarship was mentioned in the admission letter, right?


Not exactly.
There was another letter at the bottom of the admit letter.
That letter had the scholarship details.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3598
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:30
UNC Kenan-Flagler DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

  • Admitted, 36 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:730 (Q49 V41), heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 50 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q49 V40), Industry: Real Estate, WE 48, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2019
Posts: 17
Location: India
GRE 1: Q165 V165
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 00:42
Hey Folks!

Anyone interviewed within the last two weeks? Hoping to find out when I can expect to hear back from the admissions committee?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Oct 2019
Posts: 17
Location: India
GRE 1: Q165 V165
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 01:05
psm9004 wrote:
Hi! Sure thing!

Here is my timeline!

I was waitlisted March 2nd. TBH I was pretty surprised about this. I thought I would get in.
I accepted my waitlist position and some professional quantitative enrichment courses I’d taken, but no new scores or job updates. I had been promoted the month before and reminded them of that.
I was accepted off the waitlist on March 23rd.
Offered a 60 K scholarship on March 30th, I then reached out to schedule a call to chat about scholarship matching with other schools, a new job promotion, and how CoVid 19 had been affecting my family.

I never got a call back but Got an email that my fellowship was increased to 100 K on April 3rd and that I’d been given a deposit extension!

The whole thing is pretty bizarre. I don’t know why I was waitlisted, and I’ve never gotten a call through out this process, but am likely going to UNC this fall as this covers 90% of tuition

Posted from my mobile device


Hey,

Congratulations on the admit!

I was just curious to find out if you had mentioned the need for scholarship anywhere in the application or during the interview?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jan 2020
Posts: 26
Location: United States (WA)
GRE 1: Q159 V167
GPA: 3.47
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 10:51
vikramthomas93 wrote:
psm9004 wrote:
Hi! Sure thing!

Here is my timeline!

I was waitlisted March 2nd. TBH I was pretty surprised about this. I thought I would get in.
I accepted my waitlist position and some professional quantitative enrichment courses I’d taken, but no new scores or job updates. I had been promoted the month before and reminded them of that.
I was accepted off the waitlist on March 23rd.
Offered a 60 K scholarship on March 30th, I then reached out to schedule a call to chat about scholarship matching with other schools, a new job promotion, and how CoVid 19 had been affecting my family.

I never got a call back but Got an email that my fellowship was increased to 100 K on April 3rd and that I’d been given a deposit extension!

The whole thing is pretty bizarre. I don’t know why I was waitlisted, and I’ve never gotten a call through out this process, but am likely going to UNC this fall as this covers 90% of tuition

Posted from my mobile device


Hey,

Congratulations on the admit!

I was just curious to find out if you had mentioned the need for scholarship anywhere in the application or during the interview?



Nope. The only time I mentioned scholarship was after the admit when I talked about the idea of matching. I didn’t even get into specifics.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jan 2020
Posts: 26
Location: United States (WA)
GRE 1: Q159 V167
GPA: 3.47
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 11:01
2
workout wrote:
psm9004 wrote:
The whole thing is pretty bizarre. I don’t know why I was waitlisted, and I’ve never gotten a call through out this process, but am likely going to UNC this fall as this covers 90% of tuition

Posted from my mobile device


psm9004

That sounds very interesting. Did you interview at Kenan-Flagler?

Also, if you need any help in deciding between schools, I suggest you make a new topic in the following forum.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/admitted-whi ... hoose-192/


Hi! I actually accepted my spot At UNC today!

I interviewed in Seattle with an AdCom member wayyyyy back in January.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2020, 11:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15    Next  [ 295 posts ] 

Calling UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, Kelen






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne