Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [13]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [2]
Given Kudos: 502
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Great I am looking forward to this application

Sent from my SM-G928C using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Stanford GSB MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
In for R1, good luck to everyone!
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
All the best everyone! Did anyone apply to the Reliance India or the Africa fellowship?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V36
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
All the best everyone! Did anyone apply to the Reliance India or the Africa fellowship?

I think they've changed the application process to the Africa Fellowship. Now you only indicate in the MBA application ( Round 1 or 2) that you're applying to the Africa Fellowship to be considered. ( Of course, you have to submit an additional essay )
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
HK1605 wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

I think they've changed the application process to the Africa Fellowship. Now you only indicate in the MBA application ( Round 1 or 2) that you're applying to the Africa Fellowship to be considered. ( Of course, you have to submit an additional essay )

What factors they consider when awarding these scholarships? Are they purely merit based?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Stanford has released deadlines for the new season. Let's get the party started. :-)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 933 [0]
Given Kudos: 632
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I have a question ( might sound silly but please provide an answer for this )

1.- if I near the end of the deadline will my application be viewed at the end?

2. Is it that the sooner you apply the sooner you get to know if you're in or not?

3. Does the evaluation by the college start after the deadline?

4. If I apply near the end of the deadline mentioned will my chances decrease? I mean will the ppl who have applied before me have a greater probability of getting chosen? What if the students who have applied before me let's say 100 and the strength of the class is 60 and all the 60 seats are filled by the 100 ppl who have applied before me get the seat . Will I have no chance? I mean is it first come first serve?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Transportation)
Send PM
AdityaHongunti wrote:
I have a question ( might sound silly but please provide an answer for this )

1.- if I near the end of the deadline will my application be viewed at the end?

2. Is it that the sooner you apply the sooner you get to know if you're in or not?

3. Does the evaluation by the college start after the deadline?

4. If I apply near the end of the deadline mentioned will my chances decrease? I mean will the ppl who have applied before me have a greater probability of getting chosen? What if the students who have applied before me let's say 100 and the strength of the class is 60 and all the 60 seats are filled by the 100 ppl who have applied before me get the seat . Will I have no chance? I mean is it first come first serve?

======

No, those are not true. What you are talking about is in the case of rolling admissions, as in the case of Columbia.

Applying earlier gives you no advantage - everybody who applies in a given round is evaluated in parallel, after the deadline ends.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 670 [1]
Given Kudos: 53
Send PM
Kudos
I am applying in R1. I am looking forward to the application.

All the very best to all the aspirants.
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi all -- I'm looking forward to sharing advice and thoughts on this forum once the essays are released. My advice in the meantime would be to start thinking about what makes you tick and what you are most passionate about (and how you can "prove" that through past actions). Even if Stanford decided to change its long-standing "What matters most and why?" essay, I still believe they would ask something fairly personal and introspective. People struggle with this essay, so the more time you can spend really noodling on it, the better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Stanford '21
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:

Hey,

I applied for the India fellowship. Didn't get in though. Any body else from the fellowship applicant pool who got in ? it'd be great to learn from successful applicants :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
hopefullmoshe wrote:
souvik101990 wrote:

Hey,

I applied for the India fellowship. Didn't get in though. Any body else from the fellowship applicant pool who got in ? it'd be great to learn from successful applicants :)

I have been shortlisted for the Fellowship - happy to provide pointers.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
namana wrote:

Thank you! I was checking their requirements. Is it must to re-take GMAT/GRE after getting selected as a finalist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
namana wrote:

Thank you! I was checking their requirements. Is it must to re-take GMAT/GRE after getting selected as a finalist?

No such information has been provided. But ideally, if my score was below the class average, I would try and get it near the class average at least.

Note: I have not given the GMAT and I submitted the Fellowship application without it. Although, I have scheduled it for early August.

Hope this helps.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Send PM
Kudos
When I go to my profile to add the school as I am applying to Stanford, it asks me for my GMAT and GRE as well. I have scheduled my GMAT exam for late October and I do not plan to attempt GRE.

Is there a way of adding school in absence of a GMAT score?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GPA: 3.3
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
My main concern is my low GPA and jumpy career history (circling around the sales/PR/marketing drain, and switching industries from toys to SaaS (tech), before settling in Sales/SaaS 3-4 years ago). I've accomplished a lot at the companies I've worked for, received 5 promotions and held leadership roles for the last 3 years, but it's still not very impressive IMHO. It also took me yearsssss to graduate from my ALB, simply because of so many health and financial issues -- I had to keep taking time off.

During undergrad, I was seriously ill, once homeless, and worked full-time while studying, so I'm hoping this will shine a brighter light on my dim academics and inconsistent profile. I want my themes to be 1. failing, and then picking myself back up again to show tenacity, and 2. overcoming obstacles, and now wanting to start my own company to make the world a better place. I also persisted despite all the constant obstacles, and now I've graduated with an above 3.0 GPA, a 730 GMAT, have received 5 promotions, hold a leadership role, and I'm founding my own company while living abroad.

Academics:
- 3.29 GPA, social sciences
- 730 GMAT (RETAKING aiming for a 780)
- Completing HBX CORe (Harvard business 'prep' course) soon with a goal of an A (4.0) average
- Undergrad was at Harvard Extension School

Work Experience:
- American, 3 years of international experience (Germany - working language proficiency)
- 8 years of professional experience, 4 years in people management/leadership roles
- Managed 15 people at maximum, now managing around 5 people (switched companies, and now growing the team from 0 to 5)
- 5 promotions, from intern >associate > senior associate > team lead > senior manager > head of sales
- Starting my own company, in the very early stages

Life Background:
- Aged 30
- Experienced a life-threatening illness and homeless during undergrad - hence the low GPA
- Also worked full-time during all of undergrad, taking classes at night
- Decent amount of volunteering experience
- "Theme" of my application is overcoming hardship/life threatening illness/and homelessness, and now wanting to start my own company and make the world a better place
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 443 [1]
Given Kudos: 752
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

How do we decide whether our Profile is good for R1 or R2 or R3? Can anyone please shed some light on this.

I am an Indian Applicant with 7 Years of Experience in Utility Sector and looking forward to Submit my Application this Year.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts