GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Nov 2018, 20:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge
Profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2018, 22:58
Scores:
GMAT : 660 (Lower than average, but I am not able to improve it)
Education:
PGDM – IIM (top 3 of the class 4.0 GPA), BTECH – 84% around 3.7 GPA (top 5 of the class)
12th - 89%, 10th - 80%
Work Experience: (total 5 years)
Supply Chain Consultant:
[*]Global Exposure in dealing with clients in South Africa, Canada, Egypt, Dubai, Japan, Germany and Australia
[*]As a consultant frequently travel to foreign countries for driving the supply chain solution for clients
[*]Generated a total revenue of $1.5 million and saving of $2.5 million to customers.
[*]Designed Intercontinental Business Process by integrating the marketing and supply chain team, which resulted in saving of 11% of operating costs at Mass Discounters
[*]Optimized the Safety Stock process across the stores by using statistical methods which led to savings of $200,000 per month at Mr Price
[*]Improvement of various KPI’s and business performance metrics for clients.
[*]Improved forecast Accuracy by 12% for Beverages and Foods Division at Pepsi
[*]Change Management - Partnered with Sales and Supply Chain team to bring changes to day – day operations.
[*]Created reports and dashboards for insights into project implementation
Achievements: H1 Pillar award for highest customer satisfaction and revenue generation , Spot Award for exceptional performance in Pepsi AMENA, 2 promotions in span of 3 years.
Programmer Analyst:
[*]Developed Claims Management System which improved the process for underwriters in approving the claims requests, which helped in reducing the underwriting errors done by 15%
[*]Developed automated tools for premium calculation for US Profession Insurance and UK Personal Insurance products, which helped in improving the efficiency of execution time by 86%.
Achievements: Top Innovator Award in 2011

Internships:
[*]Internship at JP Morgan Chase – Improved the Payment Mechanism by taping foreign currency reserves of bank across countries which resulted in 5% of annual savings
[*]Internship - Developed Inventory Optimization Tool for ELEMEC industries which helped reducing the inventory holding cost at the warehouse by 17%.

Extracurricular:
[*]President of Alumni Committee: Responsible for handling 1 crore of endowment fund and building up network
[*]Event coordinator and president for Infusion 2015 - G
[*]Passed CFA Level 1 in June 2015
[*]First Prize in IEEE National Level Paper for research paper on “Mining of Rare association rules of frequent Items”
[*]NCC Grade A

Questions:
[*]How does Rotman treat 2nd MBA applicants, the reason for apply is to have a global exposure and move into more of higher management roles (my current role i am more focused on Supply Chain)
[*]GMAT score is low is there anyway i can compensate for that as I am travelling so frequently i cannot re-take
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Profile evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2018, 11:29
Hi prasanths89,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. You have a very strong background. Below are my responses to your questions.

[*]How does Rotman treat 2nd MBA applicants, the reason for apply is to have a global exposure and move into more of higher management roles (my current role i am more focused on Supply Chain) Your existing role seems to expose you to a plethora of cultures that enable you to have a breadth of global experience. Your strategic development, however, is something you might want to focus on and clearly articulate in your application. Your second MBA will not be an issue so long as you can express the reason why you require it. The qualitative component of your application will be very important here.
[*]GMAT score is low is there anyway i can compensate for that as I am travelling so frequently i cannot re-take. Your GMAT is slightly below average. I would not worry about your score, especially since you have proven in both undergraduate and graduate programs your academic prowess.

If you would like to continue the conversation, please reach out to schedule a free 30-minute consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

prasanths89 wrote:
Scores:
GMAT : 660 (Lower than average, but I am not able to improve it)
Education:
PGDM – IIM (top 3 of the class 4.0 GPA), BTECH – 84% around 3.7 GPA (top 5 of the class)
12th - 89%, 10th - 80%
Work Experience: (total 5 years)
Supply Chain Consultant:
[*]Global Exposure in dealing with clients in South Africa, Canada, Egypt, Dubai, Japan, Germany and Australia
[*]As a consultant frequently travel to foreign countries for driving the supply chain solution for clients
[*]Generated a total revenue of $1.5 million and saving of $2.5 million to customers.
[*]Designed Intercontinental Business Process by integrating the marketing and supply chain team, which resulted in saving of 11% of operating costs at Mass Discounters
[*]Optimized the Safety Stock process across the stores by using statistical methods which led to savings of $200,000 per month at Mr Price
[*]Improvement of various KPI’s and business performance metrics for clients.
[*]Improved forecast Accuracy by 12% for Beverages and Foods Division at Pepsi
[*]Change Management - Partnered with Sales and Supply Chain team to bring changes to day – day operations.
[*]Created reports and dashboards for insights into project implementation
Achievements: H1 Pillar award for highest customer satisfaction and revenue generation , Spot Award for exceptional performance in Pepsi AMENA, 2 promotions in span of 3 years.
Programmer Analyst:
[*]Developed Claims Management System which improved the process for underwriters in approving the claims requests, which helped in reducing the underwriting errors done by 15%
[*]Developed automated tools for premium calculation for US Profession Insurance and UK Personal Insurance products, which helped in improving the efficiency of execution time by 86%.
Achievements: Top Innovator Award in 2011

Internships:
[*]Internship at JP Morgan Chase – Improved the Payment Mechanism by taping foreign currency reserves of bank across countries which resulted in 5% of annual savings
[*]Internship - Developed Inventory Optimization Tool for ELEMEC industries which helped reducing the inventory holding cost at the warehouse by 17%.

Extracurricular:
[*]President of Alumni Committee: Responsible for handling 1 crore of endowment fund and building up network
[*]Event coordinator and president for Infusion 2015 - G
[*]Passed CFA Level 1 in June 2015
[*]First Prize in IEEE National Level Paper for research paper on “Mining of Rare association rules of frequent Items”
[*]NCC Grade A

Questions:
[*]How does Rotman treat 2nd MBA applicants, the reason for apply is to have a global exposure and move into more of higher management roles (my current role i am more focused on Supply Chain)
[*]GMAT score is low is there anyway i can compensate for that as I am travelling so frequently i cannot re-take

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 03:34
Scores:
GMAT : 680 (Q 48, V35)
Education:
B.Tech(Pvt. University) CGPA: 7.47
12th - 66%, 10th - 77%
Work Experience: (total 4 years)
SAP Business Objects Analyst
-Global Exposure in dealing with clients in USA, China, Saudi Arabia.
-Took proactive part in Migration of SAP from 3.x to 4.x.
-Created reports and dashboards for insights into project implementation.
-SAP Business Objects SPOC for 4 BO Universes.
-Nature of work involved support to the client and to the client application.
-Responsible for multiple finance dashboard reports to international clients.

Extracurricular:
-National Cadet Core: Air Wing, Corporal at High school level.
-Instructor and group leader for college's dance group.
-Won multiple certificates and awards at college level dance competitions

Questions:
-What is the one key quality that Rotman looks for in its applicants
- Took Gmat 5 times and at last ended up with a 680 score. others were (550,600,620,640) would this reflect weakness?
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 04:49
Hello ab52

There is no 'single' factor that Rotman looks at. It will evaluate your profile on a combination of factors mentioned here.
Multiple GMAT attempts should not weaken your profile as you have shown consistent improvement. 680 is not a deal breaker for Rotman, though higher would have helped.
At this stage I'd say your profile has the goods (Acads, Work Ex, Extracurricular), but to deliver them you will need to showcase your career goals (missing from your post) and their fit with Rotman.
Let me know if you have further questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

ab52 wrote:
Scores:
GMAT : 680 (Q 48, V35)
Education:
B.Tech(Pvt. University) CGPA: 7.47
12th - 66%, 10th - 77%
Work Experience: (total 4 years)
SAP Business Objects Analyst
-Global Exposure in dealing with clients in USA, China, Saudi Arabia.
-Took proactive part in Migration of SAP from 3.x to 4.x.
-Created reports and dashboards for insights into project implementation.
-SAP Business Objects SPOC for 4 BO Universes.
-Nature of work involved support to the client and to the client application.
-Responsible for multiple finance dashboard reports to international clients.

Extracurricular:
-National Cadet Core: Air Wing, Corporal at High school level.
-Instructor and group leader for college's dance group.
-Won multiple certificates and awards at college level dance competitions

Questions:
-What is the one key quality that Rotman looks for in its applicants
- Took Gmat 5 times and at last ended up with a 680 score. others were (550,600,620,640) would this reflect weakness?

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 28 Jul 2018, 04:49

Profile evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap