GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 22:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
GPA: 3
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2017, 22:37
warriorguy wrote:
Are all the invites being sent out for ISB - Mumbai? If I log in to the pgp page, I still see application as complete. They don't show it as rejected?

I received an email saying my application is now complete. ISB will send a response 5 -7 days prior if shorlisted for interview.
On portal application status is complete.

I believe application evaluation is still going on.
Retired Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 07:14
nipunjain14 wrote:
warriorguy wrote:
Are all the invites being sent out for ISB - Mumbai? If I log in to the pgp page, I still see application as complete. They don't show it as rejected?

I received an email saying my application is now complete. ISB will send a response 5 -7 days prior if shorlisted for interview.
On portal application status is complete.

I believe application evaluation is still going on.

ya shows the same for me. :(
Current Student
S
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2017, 18:26
Any1 has any concrete info on what is the total intake/batch strength this year? I'm a bit worried about the ever increasing size of ISB class...
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V157
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 04:00
Has anyone who applied with GRE score, hear back from adcom?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 06:47
Its highly unprofessional of ISB. If dinged, they should update the candidates. Whats the point of keeping everyone wait till 5 March. I never expected this by ISB, which claims to be a global bschool.
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 07:49
Hey Folks,

Had my ISB Interview. Below is a debrief:

International Applicant with Indian Visa
Post MBA Goal- Supply Chain and Logistics in E-Commerce Sector

Started with some technical glitches over Skype video. Long story short had my interview over phone.

Q: Tell me about yourself?
Q: Biggest Achievement you have in the current role?
Q: What were the challenges you had while collaborating with cross functional peers?(Had mentioned this as one of the challenges in the previous question)
Q: Why did you took this supply chain certification?(APICS CPIM)
Q: Why do you want to move back to India?
Q: What companies are you targeting post your MBA. What are your long term goals(They went into details on Long Terms which made me little uncomfortable as long terms doesn't need to be well researched)?
Q: Do you have any experience of leading people?
Q: Any questions for us?

All in all a pretty relaxed interview. Interview Duration- 27 min(excluding glitches).

For preparation focus on your short and long term goals and how your past aligns with them. What do you seek to gain at ISB (skills missing that will help you realize your short term goals). Good luck to all and there is no need to stress out.

I think interviews will keep rolling in until Feb 28. Focus on prep rather than "will/when I be getting called?"
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Technology, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 08:17
Any delhi invites uptil now?? Where will the interview take place in Delhi if somebody has any idea on that . i think for Mohali and Hyderabad its in the campus only.

KINDLY KUDOS IF YOU LIKE THE POST

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
S
Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 08:21
1988achilles wrote:
Its highly unprofessional of ISB. If dinged, they should update the candidates. Whats the point of keeping everyone wait till 5 March. I never expected this by ISB, which claims to be a global bschool.

Hey,

I have different opinion here. I think it is completely fair on their end to announce all the results on the same day. If the result date would have been much later say March 30 it could be an issue since most B schools announce final results by mid march and you need to decide the best for you in a short period of time. March 5 is quite early for any school and applicant can wait.

Also ISB don't need to claim anymore, it is a global B School. The latest/past FT rankings prove that. It is bringing diversity in its own way.

Good Luck!
Current Student
S
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2017, 17:54
Almost all US schools do the same way... (very few exceptions)

1988achilles wrote:
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 09:28
ag111 wrote:
1988achilles wrote:

Hey,

I have different opinion here. I think it is completely fair on their end to announce all the results on the same day. If the result date would have been much later say March 30 it could be an issue since most B schools announce final results by mid march and you need to decide the best for you in a short period of time. March 5 is quite early for any school and applicant can wait.

Also ISB don't need to claim anymore, it is a global B School. The latest/past FT rankings prove that. It is bringing diversity in its own way.

Good Luck!

I personally believe that if the institute has decided to reject the applicants, its better to inform the candidate at the earliest. In this way, the applicant can better prepare for the remaining colleges.
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 10:08
yash88 wrote:
ag111 wrote:
1988achilles wrote:

Hey,

Good Luck!

I personally believe that if the institute has decided to reject the applicants, its better to inform the candidate at the earliest. In this way, the applicant can better prepare for the remaining colleges.

Agreed. But even if they do call you for interview nothing is certain. You still need to give your best to you second preferred schools. Getting interview does nothing in the mindset of the applicant as far as his preparation for other schools is concerned. So giving reason that "applicant will be in a position to prepare better for remaining colleges" does not sound logically correct to me.
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 11:22
Hey,

Good Luck![/quote]

I personally believe that if the institute has decided to reject the applicants, its better to inform the candidate at the earliest. In this way, the applicant can better prepare for the remaining colleges.[/quote]

Agreed. But even if they do call you for interview nothing is certain. You still need to give your best to you second preferred schools. Getting interview does nothing in the mindset of the applicant as far as his preparation for other schools is concerned. So giving reason that "applicant will be in a position to prepare better for remaining colleges" does not sound logically correct to me.[/quote]

Consider a situation wherein an applicant is preparing for interview and gets to know that he has been dinged before interview, he can better utilise the time for other colleges. As a working professional, we have professional and family responsibilities to cater and we need to utilize the available time in the best possible way.

There are n reasons in favour of or against informing candidates about their candidature. But, there is nothing wrong in informing the candidates about their candidature.

Regards
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 02:41
Anyone received interview invites from Delhi yet?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Current Student
S
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 05:07
I was expecting that the school would roll out the delhi-based invites today. But, looks like there isn't going to be any activity today.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.67

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 06:58
sharmasiddharth wrote:
Anyone received interview invites from Delhi yet?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Nothing yet. Even I was thinking they gonna roll out today. Well I guess tomorrow is again gonna be anxiety filled day.
Current Student
S
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 07:21
Isn't Saturday an off?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Retired Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 07:55
I guess its bye-bye for Mumbai candidates :P
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2017, 08:05
Hi. Received interview invite for Delhi today for 18th Feb, so I guess delhi invites are out too. best of luck to all.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2017, 00:03
Hi,
anyone got interview invites for bangalore loacation, pls share your status?
Does anyone know whether the intervews will be conducted areound same time frame at all locations ?
Current Student
B
GPA: 3.6
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2017, 04:46
Anybody else get an interview invite in Delhi?
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2017, 04:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32  ...  35    Next  [ 688 posts ] 

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2017 Intake) Class of 2018

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap