Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 11:46 It is currently 08 May 2024, 11:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
dealnuke wrote:
anmit123 wrote:
waitlisted...don't know if it will even move in the future.

Same. Waitlisted.

Did they call you for you to have found out that you have been waitlisted?

I tried checking my online account but cant seem to find anything there?

I'm confused.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Olin (St Louis) MBA Applicants:(2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
JAMESOZI24 wrote:
dealnuke wrote:
anmit123 wrote:
waitlisted...don't know if it will even move in the future.

Same. Waitlisted.

I'm confused.

On the portal, On the top bar. Second tab, click on my application. then for the program you applied to, click on decision
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I have done this over 10 times and this is the message i get

"Thank you for submitting your decision. Please return to the Home page to view your enrolling checklist items."

Same. Waitlisted.[/quote]

I'm confused.[/quote]

On the portal, On the top bar. Second tab, click on my application. then for the program you applied to, click on decision[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Congratulations to all the admitted students and best of luck to the waitlisted candidates. Guys, go ahead and join the https://gmatclub.com/chat group and connect with other enrolled students. It is a good platform for connecting and engaging with other students.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
My problem with Olin is they are literally the fakest admissions team I have ever encountered. Not once has anyone addressed my general questions or concerns even before I put in an application, then I was waitlisted and they treat you like you don't matter. Absolutely no feedback whatsoever and then BAM random message about setting up a Skype call to discuss waitlisted status. Tried to tour the school no one got back to me attended Preview Day and adcom was even more awful in person. I finally told them I wanted to withdraw my application and I've gotten nothing sense then. I am literally DONE with them.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitishyadav wrote:
Congratulations to all the admitted students and best of luck to the waitlisted candidates. Guys, go ahead and join the https://gmatclub.com/chat group and connect with other enrolled students. It is a good platform for connecting and engaging with other students.

You have any idea if the waitlist moves?

How was it in R1? I see way too many ppl waitlisted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Unfortunately, I have no information on how the WL status moves or gets updated. Maybe the admission committee would be able to shed more light on this.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitishyadav wrote:
Unfortunately, I have no information on how the WL status moves or gets updated. Maybe the admission committee would be able to shed more light on this.

Bud, I do understand you are part of Olin now. But I am sorry thats a pretty unfortunate reply. Of course they are the one who can actually "shed" some light. I was just asking what you have noticed, since you plugged in the grp here. How was it on the grp.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
It boils down to common courtesy honestly people spend a lot of money and time on applications.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dude, I understand the pain. I've been waitlisted as well in some universities. In the group, I haven't seen anyone get WLed and that's why I'm not in a position to comment. I hope that clears things.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8851 [0]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Olin DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Waitlisted, 37 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:670, Industry: Energy and Utilities, WE 55, heard via: portal_update
  • Admitted, 57 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:710 (Q48 V40), heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q164 V160
Send PM
I'm having a tough time weighing up the prospect of attending Olin. Average starting salary of $108k with tuition costing $59.95k That's a lot of money. I feel the ROI would be better at other schools.

For example, Penn State (Smeal) has an average starting salary of $106.1k and tuition is only $40.874k. Does it make sense to pay more for very similar outcomes?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
hopefullyim2021 wrote:
My problem with Olin is they are literally the fakest admissions team I have ever encountered. Not once has anyone addressed my general questions or concerns even before I put in an application, then I was waitlisted and they treat you like you don't matter. Absolutely no feedback whatsoever and then BAM random message about setting up a Skype call to discuss waitlisted status. Tried to tour the school no one got back to me attended Preview Day and adcom was even more awful in person. I finally told them I wanted to withdraw my application and I've gotten nothing sense then. I am literally DONE with them.

Wow, that is one bad experience buddy.

While I agree that their application process could be improved (I got no confirmation email about submission of application, no email about decision being released), I had a pretty decent experience applying to Olin. Tiana Davis talked to me over the phone and helped through the application process, and clarified the doubts I had regarding the social media essay. When I sent an email asking for confirmation whether my application had been submitted, I received a reply within 48 hours from Ashley. I had a good interaction with one of their students as well who helped me out even though he had exams going on. During the interview I had major connectivity issues, and the interviewer was pretty nice about it as well. Overall, I had a very nice experience.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Everyone is waitlisted who got a call? Is this really a thing? What a joke
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8851 [0]
Given Kudos: 3036
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Olin DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Waitlisted, 10 minutes ago, from Chile, GMAT:640 (Q47 V31), GPA: 3.5, Industry: Other, WE 60, heard via: portal_update
  • Waitlisted, 22 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:600, Industry: Hospitality and Tourism, WE 80, heard via: skype
  • Admitted, 40 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q49 V38), GPA: 3.17, heard via: skype

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q154 V159
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Quote:

Got it my gre is 296 with 3.12 gpa and I applied round 1 but was waitlisted however I got in at Rochester I withdrew my application from Olin

Yeah Rochester still completely shocks me...I don't even get it. I visited the school during Diversity Weekend and even talked with Rebekah a bazillion times, who encouraged me to apply despite my stats. I didn't love the school, but I thought it would be a safe bet to be admitted and ranked them high on my list. Didn't even get an interview from them.

Only a few things I can think of:
1) Biased because I'm from the area
2) Biased because I attended UB for undergrad
3) Somehow they found out I rejected them for undergrad. I was admitted to their fellow medical leaders program back in undergrad (speeds up the medical school process) but couldn't stomach the debt + risk of being removed from the program if even 1/8 semesters had a <3.0 GPA and chose UB which gave me a full ride.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q154 V159
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
hopefullyim2021 wrote:
It boils down to common courtesy honestly people spend a lot of money and time on applications.

I get your sentiment but I'm fine with being waitlisted...just wasn't a fan of how long-winded it was. It would be better if waitlist decisions happened at the same time as the calls started. Also yeah there should be some kind of automated email saying a change in the system has been made.

Very biased (since this is literally my field) but most of these MBA programs do a pretty bad job in terms of segmenting their audiences, keeping track of prospectives and leads, and giving automated emails. Like Simon didn't send me anything about my application, either. I had to go to the portal and find out.

They're all using Salesforce as their system with a form page linked to their Salesforce and MarketingCloud to send mailings. No reason these can't be linked, and also why they can't separate prospects into separate publication lists. Kelley still sends me promotional mailings daily even after rejecting me and during the application process to apply... Seems like everyone just gets auto-added into Salesforce without checks of dupe emails and whatnot, thus spamming everyone to oblivion. It would be easy to just de-dupe a list per Round of applications to make sure it's clean if they don't have the budgets/time to overhaul their database configurations (which makes sense since most of their marketing is probably under a shoe string team and budget).

But to be fair I am super biased having a lot of experience doing this shin-dig. Email Marketing is harder and a bigger PITA than most people outside the field think.

Originally posted by imlookingfortips on 12 Mar 2019, 14:59.
Last edited by imlookingfortips on 12 Mar 2019, 15:11, edited 2 times in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 464 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Waitlisted. I accepted my waitlist.

Can anyone explain what the process works like and does everyone get a waitlist status discussion?

Regards,
HK

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts