It is currently 12 Dec 2017, 17:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 965 [0], given: 69

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 07:51
OreoShake wrote:
Guys,

Do we need to submit the original transcripts as a part of the application? I mean I have uploaded scanned copies of my transcripts to complete my application, but the 'supplemental items', yet show that I have completed 4/6 items, the 2 pending being the official transcripts.

Additionally, I have received no email as confirmation of application submission yet. Has everyone received such an email?

Please lend your thoughts on the above.

Thank you!
Oreo

This is what they replied when I sent them the same question:

"Please note official transcripts are not required at this time as we can review your application with the scanned copies that you have uploaded."

No application submission email also.

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 965 [0], given: 69

Manager
Manager
S

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 510

GPA: 3.2
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 07:56
abhimahna wrote:
OreoShake wrote:
Guys,

Do we need to submit the original transcripts as a part of the application? I mean I have uploaded scanned copies of my transcripts to complete my application, but the 'supplemental items', yet show that I have completed 4/6 items, the 2 pending being the official transcripts.

Additionally, I have received no email as confirmation of application submission yet. Has everyone received such an email?

Thank you!
Oreo

"Please note official transcripts are not required at this time as we can review your application with the scanned copies that you have uploaded."

Thanks Abhi. This wait is nerve-wracking... :|

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 510

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 21

WE: Business Development (Other)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 08:04
OreoShake wrote:
LM10SC11 wrote:
OreoShake wrote:
Guys,

Thank you!
Oreo

Hey OreoShake! You can upload the scanned transcripts and send the unofficial gmat score report as of now. The original documents need to be submitted upon receiving an admit. :-)

Thanks mate. I have not received an application receipt email yet, which we generally receive from universities after submitting application, hence was worried about it.

Even I did not receive one after submitting my application. But when I spoke to the admissions team, they did tell me that they have received my application. So don't worry. :-)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.68
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Other)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 08:07
OreoShake wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
OreoShake wrote:
Guys,

Thank you!
Oreo

Thanks Abhi. This wait is nerve-wracking... :|

I received a confirmation email and a emailed receipt for application fee as well. I thought everybody would receive the same so I didn't reply. Now kinda feel I should have replied to be polite

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 25

GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 08:08
Do you think they'd still consider me despite the 3 yr UG?

Intern
Intern
B

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 08:21
gmat7m wrote:

Bro, shoot an email to the admissions team maybe? Theirs will be the most conclusive answer you'll get. They are quite responsive.

Manager
Manager
B

WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 08:34
LM10SC11 wrote:
gmat7m wrote:

Bro, shoot an email to the admissions team maybe? That'll be the most conclusive answer you get. They are quite responsive.

I have applied already, after reading conflicting stuff about this stuff online. Anyone else in the same boat?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 14

GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 09:20
Thank you! Appreciate it. I want to make your lives a little bit easier because it was really a suffering to all of us right now. hahaha

LM10SC11 wrote:
sheiquiroga wrote:
Finally found the time to blog about Foundations Term!
We all thought that Foundations Term was hard, and we've never been so wrong in our life. Term 1 is killing us! But we'll manage this! We got this! 1.5 months to go and we're free for the holiday break!
Blog at: https://wondersuite.blogspot.ca

Your blog is fantastic! Really insightful for aspiring Rotman MBA students. Not only is it a great representation of what to expect from the program, but also provides some valuable insights on how we can better prepare for what lies ahead.

As I wait for my interview call (fingers crossed!), you make me want to attend the Rotman MBA program even more. Looking forward to more of these! :-)

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 14

BSchool Forum Moderator
D

Kudos [?]: 747 [0], given: 19

Concentration: General Management, Leadership
WE: Sales (Retail)
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2017, 23:00
sheiquiroga wrote:
Thank you! Appreciate it. I want to make your lives a little bit easier because it was really a suffering to all of us right now. hahaha

LM10SC11 wrote:
sheiquiroga wrote:
Finally found the time to blog about Foundations Term!
We all thought that Foundations Term was hard, and we've never been so wrong in our life. Term 1 is killing us! But we'll manage this! We got this! 1.5 months to go and we're free for the holiday break!
Blog at: https://wondersuite.blogspot.ca

Your blog is fantastic! Really insightful for aspiring Rotman MBA students. Not only is it a great representation of what to expect from the program, but also provides some valuable insights on how we can better prepare for what lies ahead.

As I wait for my interview call (fingers crossed!), you make me want to attend the Rotman MBA program even more. Looking forward to more of these! :-)

Thanks a ton for that! Appreciate all the help that you have been rendering to all of us!

Stay hungry, Stay foolish

2017-2018 MBA Deadlines

Class of 2020: Rotman Thread | Schulich Thread
Class of 2019: Sauder Thread

Kudos [?]: 747 [0], given: 19

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 04:07
This post received
KUDOS
HI Guys

This is Aswad from India. Completed my Undergraduation in Btech - Biotechnology with a GPA of 3.5( India - Non IIT ) . Hold a Masters Degree in Food Processing from University of Reading in United Kingdom. GMAT - 660

Work Experience -
Worked for Kraft foods, McDonalds & Mccambridge Foods in UK ( Quality Assurance Technologist Role ) from 2008 - 2011.
Worked in the biggest dairy company in Saudi Arabia - Almarai (Senior Quality Assurance Technologist) in 2012.
Worked for Starbucks in Dubai as a Quality Asurance Manager managing three regions in the GCC namely UAE , Bahrain & KSA from 2013- 2015 and a Regional Quality Assurance Manager for General Mills in Dubai handling 8 regions in the middle east namely UAE , Qatar , KSA , Kuwait , Lebanon , Jordan , Turkey etc.

Wish to Pursue an MBA to leverage on my technical Skills about food processing and invest the knowledge gained in Food Marketing Roles. So basically i want to shift from a food technical field to Marketing in a food business. I really believe the way forward for effective marketing is techno commercial marketing since people are very cautious not only about safe food but also healthy food. Technical marketing is the way to go for a food business to sustain in the coming years!

Applying for Round 2 in Rotman - WIll be great to connect with like minds here.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 12

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE: Information Technology (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 05:50
hi can anyone tell when the coming deadline for rotman ??

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 12

1 KUDOS received
Board of Directors
D

Kudos [?]: 965 [1], given: 69

Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2017, 05:54
This post received
KUDOS
vks0088 wrote:
hi can anyone tell when the coming deadline for rotman ??

It's suspense for everyone of us out there. :lol:

Only Rotman admission team can answer this question.

As far as I know, it's rolling process and those who submitted on 16th must hear atleast by EOD next week.

I am also waiting. :(

How I improved from V21 to V40! ?

Kudos [?]: 965 [1], given: 69

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.1
Interview invite [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 02:51
Any Indian received interview invite yet?

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 38

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
Re: Interview invite [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 04:12
Ive mailed the admissions office , they say the applications are under review along with all the other R-1 applicants & Dec-15 is the latest we will hear from them. I know a couple of guys who have applied with a score similar to yours , nobody have yet heard from rotman

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 38

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 10:45
Hello All,

Done with my Rotman Application. With only the Video Essay section left. I have an idea on what kind of questions it would have, based on the posts in this forum. Hoping to get done with it tomorrow morning when I'm much fresher and not exhausted and unimaginative.

This is my first choice school, hope to crack it.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 10:58
jegan2388 wrote:
Hello All,

Done with my Rotman Application. With only the Video Essay section left. I have an idea on what kind of questions it would have, based on the posts in this forum. Hoping to get done with it tomorrow morning when I'm much fresher and not exhausted and unimaginative.

The only advice I'll give you for the video questions is that keep calm and don't stress out too much during the process (easier said than done!). They have a pretty vast question bank. I have been in touch with quite a few Rotman applicants this year and we all got very different questions. Most of them are questions for which you cannot prepare in advance (because they are pretty unpredictable). The 10-minute writing section is pretty simple. It'll remind you of the letter writing part of our English exams in high school. Nothing you need to worry about. All the best and ace it! :-)

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 21:26
Its was Halloween in Canada yesterday...we might start receiving invites soon.. coz holidays there are over...

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 23:33
LM10SC11 wrote:
jegan2388 wrote:
Hello All,

The only advice I'll give you for the video questions is that keep calm and don't stress out too much during the process (easier said than done!). They have a pretty vast question bank. I have been in touch with quite a few Rotman applicants this year and we all got very different questions. Most of them are questions for which you cannot prepare in advance (because they are pretty unpredictable). The 10-minute writing section is pretty simple. It'll remind you of the letter writing part of our English exams in high school. Nothing you need to worry about. All the best and ace it! :-)

Thanks. Both my video essays were kind of abstract. I guess I did a decent job of it. Thought the 30 seconds prep time was kinda less. But go across my points pretty decently. The writing section, as you said, was straightforward. Application submitted. Fingers crossed.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 23:35
jegan2388 wrote:
LM10SC11 wrote:
jegan2388 wrote:
Hello All,

Thanks. Both my video essays were kind of abstract. I guess I did a decent job of it. Thought the 30 seconds prep time was kinda less. But go across my points pretty decently. The writing section, as you said, was straightforward. Application submitted. Fingers crossed.

Congrats on completing them.
What were your video prompts?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2017, 00:02
avdgmat4777 wrote:
Congrats on completing them.
What were your video prompts?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

One was "How do you define success". The 2nd one was " What do you want to achieve in your life"

Both were kind of similar.

Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2017, 00:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  29    Next  [ 572 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, pushpitkc

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap