GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 19 Feb 2020, 20:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
HBS Forum Moderator
B
GPA: 3.6
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 16:45
EverythingNice wrote:
This idea that “everyone interviews at Tuck” is false. Please see the interview clearadmit conducted with Luke.

Can we all agree to not spread misinformation during this stressful time?

https://www.clearadmit.com/2017/09/admi ... -business/

Posted from my mobile device

Misinformation was not my intent. If you have the desire to interview, you will. Many to most of the remainder will also interview via invitation. This differs from most other top schools which are my interview only.
Manager
Manager
B
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 16:51
You keep spreading it regardless of your intent.

Everyone has a desire to interview. Whether they actually do it or not is up to them if they make it to the campus. Period. That is the only way to guarantee an interview.

Those who didnt self initiate must be invited. You can’t say many to most are by invitation either dude. Stop throwing out things that you dont know or dont have back up to your claims.

HBS Forum Moderator
B
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2020, 17:01
thomkatt wrote:
You keep spreading it regardless of your intent.

Everyone has a desire to interview. Whether they actually do it or not is up to them if they make it to the campus. Period. That is the only way to guarantee an interview.

Those who didnt self initiate must be invited. You can’t say many to most are by invitation either dude. Stop throwing out things that you dont know or dont have back up to your claims.

Eek haven’t encountered a nefarious comment on this site like this before. I do know because I’m very familiar with the school and process and was admitted R1. But I’m not going to engage on the topic because it’s unproductive. Good luck in the process!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 15:13
Anyone hear about Tuck adding a STEM designation to their program?

https://poetsandquants.com/2020/01/25/d ... =b-schools

I don't see anything on Tuck's website - wondering if the 2020 intake class will be eligible!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 610 Q34 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 18:23
Did anyone else get a personalized email with an invitation to lunch on the day of their self-initiated interview? I got an email from two first-years and I don't know what to make of it...
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.08
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 22:05
hollygolightly16 wrote:

I don't see anything on Tuck's website - wondering if the 2020 intake class will be eligible!

I haven’t seen anything either, but I think they’ll have to implement it soon. Too many of Tuck’s competitors have done it, either for the entire program or specific majors: Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Haas, Fuqua, Darden and Ross. I believe Sloan and Yale are actively trying to get STEM designations for their programs.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.15
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2020, 22:20
Wakanda92 wrote:
hollygolightly16 wrote:

I haven’t seen anything either, but I think they’ll have to implement it soon. Too many of Tuck’s competitors have done it, either for the entire program or specific majors: Wharton, Booth, Kellogg, Haas, Fuqua, Darden and Ross. I believe Sloan and Yale are actively trying to get STEM designations for their programs.

I had my interview on 23rd Jan and the MBA2 read out the official mail they Tuck community received regarding Tuck getting STEM designation as on 22nd Jan. I think it’s a matter of time before the public notice comes but I believe students graduating In 2022 will benefit from STEM if they choose to.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2020, 17:44
soco9076 wrote:
Did anyone else get a personalized email with an invitation to lunch on the day of their self-initiated interview? I got an email from two first-years and I don't know what to make of it...

I haven't had my interview yet, but if you look at the interview schedule from when you signed up, lunch and a tour of campus are included (and potentially a class visit, depending on the day of your visit). My guess is that in classic Tuck fashion, the lunch is as personalized as possible!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '22 (A)

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 12:01
I have an interview coming up soon at Tuck but, unfortunately, due to other commitments, can't be on campus all day. Are the lunch/tour/Q&A session optional? Is it acceptance to just do my interview? I have seen the campus before and know many current students so not worried about that.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 14:02
oddwhile wrote:
I have an interview coming up soon at Tuck but, unfortunately, due to other commitments, can't be on campus all day. Are the lunch/tour/Q&A session optional? Is it acceptance to just do my interview? I have seen the campus before and know many current students so not worried about that.

All 3 of the things you mentioned are completely optional. Attendance isn’t taken and plenty of people came and left as they pleased (I went up there earlier this week).

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 04:40
Hey guys! Did anyone face connection issues while interviewing virtually with Tuck recently? I had my interview, and it took us quite some effort to connect on any of the virtual platforms. I'm wondering if this happened with anyone else. I did check my connection before the interview and it was good.
Most of the Q&A went well and the interviewer was quite polite, but the poor connection took a toll on both the interviewer's patience and my interview anxiety (missed a few points for "why tuck"). I thanked her in my post-interview email for her patience, but I haven't got a reply.
I think I blew it. :(

~
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Darden '22 (S)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 04:42
learner311 wrote:
Hey guys! Did anyone face connection issues while interviewing virtually with Tuck recently? I had my interview, and it took us quite some effort to connect on any of the virtual platforms. I'm wondering if this happened with anyone else. I did check my connection before the interview and it was good.
Most of the Q&A went well and the interviewer was quite polite, but the poor connection took a toll on both the interviewer's patience and my interview anxiety (missed a few points for "why tuck"). I thanked her in my post-interview email for her patience, but I haven't got a reply.

You're good - you won't get a response to thank you emails

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '18

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 04:45
learner311 wrote:

I had technical issues as well, but the interviewer was kind enough to reschedule. I think stay optimistic about your chances.
All the best!
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 04:58
learner311 wrote:

I did, and I believe the connectivity issue is due to Tuck's location.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 03:09
I also encountered bad signal several times while doing my virtual interview. I tried with others before and it went well.

Btw any info about the acceptance rate of tuck after interview? (Except for self-initiated interview) Thanks!

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q43 V41
GMAT 3: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.38

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 03:36
Hmm. I didn't have any technical issues for mine, except that they did not show up as online on my Skype. They asked me to call and it would say they weren't online, so they called me.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck '22 (I)

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 19:49
Do you know when they are releasing the decisions?

Karthik3108 wrote:
I had a Skype interview with MBA2. Very friendly conversation. It was a blind interview. Started off with us talking about sports since both of us were student athletes back in undergrad.
1. Tell me about yourself in 60 seconds
2. ST/LT
3. Why MBA
4. Why Tuck
5. Tell me a time when you had a conflict with your colleague and how did you respond to it
6. What is your biggest accomplishment professionally
7. Who is a leader that you admire and why
Good luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 19:58
nytika wrote:
Do you know when they are releasing the decisions?

Karthik3108 wrote:
I had a Skype interview with MBA2. Very friendly conversation. It was a blind interview. Started off with us talking about sports since both of us were student athletes back in undergrad.
1. Tell me about yourself in 60 seconds
2. ST/LT
3. Why MBA
4. Why Tuck
5. Tell me a time when you had a conflict with your colleague and how did you respond to it
6. What is your biggest accomplishment professionally
7. Who is a leader that you admire and why
Good luck!

3/12
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.78
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 22:22
qiqijiang wrote:
I also encountered bad signal several times while doing my virtual interview. I tried with others before and it went well.

Btw any info about the acceptance rate of tuck after interview? (Except for self-initiated interview) Thanks!

Echoing the question, how are the chances of those with committee-initiated interviews?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2020, 11:05
Does anyone know if all Tuck admission decisions for round 2 are released March 12th or could you find out before then?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2020, 11:05

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 182 posts ] 

Calling all Tuck (Dartmouth) Applicants: (2020 Intake) Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status