It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 18:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 21:28
am245 wrote:
adutta120689 wrote:
Hey Guys! I just got an admit from Marshall via email :)

Congrats. When did you interview?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Thanks am245! I interviewed on the 19th of Jan. All the best!

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 21:29
undergradtomba wrote:
Received a phone call at 3:30 PM regarding my acceptance. I interviewed on January 27th. Hope that helps!! Best of luck, everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Congratulations!!!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.8
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2017, 22:16
adutta120689 wrote:
undergradtomba wrote:
Received a phone call at 3:30 PM regarding my acceptance. I interviewed on January 27th. Hope that helps!! Best of luck, everyone!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks so much!!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 285

GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 04:21
adutta120689 wrote:
undergradtomba wrote:

Congratulations!!!

Hi adutta,

Can you please PM me your phone number/ping me on whatsapp please . I am an indian Applicant to Marshall and have received an interview invite for March 10th.
Will be great to catch up with you to get any insights about marshall.

best,
Pravat
+91-9028055169

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 06:54
PGN wrote:
Hi adutta,

Can you please PM me your phone number/ping me on whatsapp please . I am an indian Applicant to Marshall and have received an interview invite for March 10th.

best,
Pravat
+91-9028055169

PGN, when did receive the invite for interview?? When did you submit your application??

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 11:35
Hi Everyone,

I have been waitlisted w/o interview. Please guide me through the process to move up the list.

Should I drop a mail to get feedback regarding the same? If no, supplement document to strengthen my case should include what things? Also, will a recommendation letter from my supervisor strengthen my case? I have my sister who is an alum from USC, should I ask her to endorse/support my candidature?

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 12:08
arpitbang wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have been waitlisted w/o interview. Please guide me through the process to move up the list.

Should I drop a mail to get feedback regarding the same? If no, supplement document to strengthen my case should include what things? Also, will a recommendation letter from my supervisor strengthen my case? I have my sister who is an alum from USC, should I ask her to endorse/support my candidature?

Arpit.
Certainly contact AdCom.
Of course, with you being WL w/o an interview is a little hard nut to crack, a WL is still better than no a ding.
I'd suggest criticize your own application first - yourself and have a third party do the same. Identify the weak links and develop a plan to improve upon.
At that time contact adcom asking their feedback, your identified weak areas and your plan of how you are going to overcome / strengthen weakness in your application.
Of course, your sister is an alum is in your favour. Is she from Marshall or other school? Marshall would help you a lot more.
Ask guidance in that regards too, to the adcom.

All the best.

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2017, 23:04
hiren2011 wrote:
arpitbang wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Arpit.
Certainly contact AdCom.
Of course, with you being WL w/o an interview is a little hard nut to crack, a WL is still better than no a ding.
I'd suggest criticize your own application first - yourself and have a third party do the same. Identify the weak links and develop a plan to improve upon.
At that time contact adcom asking their feedback, your identified weak areas and your plan of how you are going to overcome / strengthen weakness in your application.
Of course, your sister is an alum is in your favour. Is she from Marshall or other school? Marshall would help you a lot more.

All the best.

Thanks for the guidance. Yes my sister is a Marshall Alum. Marshall didn't take recommendation this year. So should I support my application with that? Additionally, when I go through my application, I feel that admission committee will be a bit skeptical about me making a transition from IT to Investment Banking. Should I highlight the fact that I am working on my finance foundation and by the time I join USC Marshall then I would have appeared my CFA Level 3. At the same time, I have contacted an existing 2nd year student, who has made similar transition recently. Should I talk about plan B, if needed?

Please provide your inputs.

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 02:31
mankutimma wrote:
PGN wrote:
Hi adutta,

best,
Pravat
+91-9028055169

PGN, when did receive the invite for interview?? When did you submit your application??

HI.. I had applied in R2 ( deadline date ) and received the invite yesterday ( i.e 22nd feb at around 4 am in the morning )

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 198

WE: General Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 03:25
Got interview invite yesterday. Can someone share interview insights and their experiences?

Kudos [?]: 75 [0], given: 198

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 03:54
Hi ! The interview is pretty straightforward. Make sure that you know your resume in and out.
Also, be confident and take your time and think on your feet if asked any question that you didn't expect. The interview is like a conversation so don't forget to smile and make eye contact!

My interview questions were:
Resume walkthrough, goals, leadership style, questions specific to my experience, how I spend my weekends/ leisure time, why marshall.

All the best!!!

BSchool Forum Moderator
S

Kudos [?]: 208 [0], given: 79

Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Fisher '19 (M)
GPA: 3.71
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 05:10
adutta120689 wrote:
Hi ! The interview is pretty straightforward. Make sure that you know your resume in and out.
Also, be confident and take your time and think on your feet if asked any question that you didn't expect. The interview is like a conversation so don't forget to smile and make eye contact!

Resume walkthrough, goals, leadership style, questions specific to my experience, how I spend my weekends/ leisure time, why marshall.

All the best!!!

Hi there adutta120689

Did you receive any aid ($$) from the school?

Kudos [?]: 208 [0], given: 79

Manager
Manager
B

Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 09:10
arpitbang wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
arpitbang wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Arpit.
Certainly contact AdCom.

All the best.

Thanks for the guidance. Yes my sister is a Marshall Alum. Marshall didn't take recommendation this year. So should I support my application with that? Additionally, when I go through my application, I feel that admission committee will be a bit skeptical about me making a transition from IT to Investment Banking. Should I highlight the fact that I am working on my finance foundation and by the time I join USC Marshall then I would have appeared my CFA Level 3. At the same time, I have contacted an existing 2nd year student, who has made similar transition recently. Should I talk about plan B, if needed?

Please provide your inputs.

Well, this would by my own ideas so take them with grain of salt.
To be honest, no recommendation was a reason I applied to Marshall.. ahahaa.. JK.
But yes, mention that if you ever visited Marshall - even unofficially (visiting sister, may be?). Of course show them you are involved with CFA III (if your level I and II were great grades, hightlight them too).
But What I think (again, I THINK) the problem is the transition. Other than CFA, what have you done to move into that area? I mean, study is just one person job - do you have network, do you know what firms to target, and again, being on West Coast for that field has (however minute) some dis-advantages. How will you overcome that?
Contact the current student - most certainly and find out what did he do to convince the AdCom that it was the right move. Ask him for networking opportunities. If you haven't been to campus, try and see if it is possible to visit them (that is if possible for you).
Cliche it is, but sound interested but not desperate!!

Plan B is a good idea but in my personal opinion, don't talk about it unless asked. It MAY sound like you are looking at a back plan already (when you initiate it) but if they ask and you have one you may look like a 'prepared' one. But again, that is my idea. In your case it may help too, IF that (transition) is the obstacle.

Anyway, all the best. Would love to know how it goes.

Hiren.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2017, 09:40
keats wrote:
adutta120689 wrote:

All the best!!!

Hi there adutta120689

Did you receive any aid ($$) from the school?

I haven't received the official package by mail yet, so not sure. Nothing's mentioned in the email though!

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 01:11
Admitted to USC Marshall :)

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.98

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 01:14
congrats nihaal!
which round did you apply in?

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 01:17
kushagra10 wrote:
congrats nihaal!

Thanks! Applied in R2.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 07:29
nihaal wrote:
kushagra10 wrote:
congrats nihaal!

Thanks! Applied in R2.

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your profile?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 13:18
Congratulations nihaal.

You've been on gmatclub for about 8-9 years! And this is the first time you're posting! I'm really interested in knowing what you were up to all these years.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2017, 13:53
an90 wrote:
Congratulations nihaal.

You've been on gmatclub for about 8-9 years! And this is the first time you're posting! I'm really interested in knowing what you were up to all these years.

Thanks..
Hehe.. I registered when I was in the final year of my engineering or just after that.. just been following the various forums every now and then :) This year I applied and got through.. so looking to connect with future classmates and share exp/learning with those who are in the process.

Work-wise i shifted industries over the last 9 years moving from IT to business development and strategy in media and entertainment.

Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2017, 13:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12    Next  [ 237 posts ] 

Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap