It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 01:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2016
Posts: 23

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 04:23
Guess I'm too late to join the party.

Ding for those who submitted in R2 but haven't heard for interview then?

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 182

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 09:27
Erabm1439s wrote:
Guess I'm too late to join the party.

Ding for those who submitted in R2 but haven't heard for interview then?



Never late, as long as it is a party.
If we haven't heard, chances are for the ding. As I said on KF post, take it easy.

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4855

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2017, 04:10
Just 5 days left for final R2 results. How is everyone managing the wait? Interview applicants mind sharing their interview experiences??
_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 07 Oct 2014
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 15

Location: United States (WA)
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2017, 13:38
Yes I am waiting for R2 results!!!!! any chance of early decisions? anything similar happened in R1?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 15

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 182

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2017, 14:54
fastfury wrote:
Yes I am waiting for R2 results!!!!! any chance of early decisions? anything similar happened in R1?



Same here.
I need to hear some good news!!

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Apr 2016
Posts: 66

Kudos [?]: 34 [2], given: 49

Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2017, 18:45
2
This post received
KUDOS
No decisions earlier than date posted. FYI, it took a while to get the email, so keep checking your application website for status update on the date of decisions.

Kudos [?]: 34 [2], given: 49

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 182

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2017, 21:01
Purvil311 wrote:
No decisions earlier than date posted. FYI, it took a while to get the email, so keep checking your application website for status update on the date of decisions.


Agreed.
Tepper doesn't seem to entertain the idea of early decision.
In a way that is a good thing. See the people going nuts yesterday for a phone call from Tuck. In November round (for Tuck) that I applied to, I didn't know so I was spared of that agony.
Wait is frustrating, but worse case is when you know someone else found out their fate and I haven't.

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Apr 2016
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Location: Pakistan
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 2.81
WE: Asset Management (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2017, 22:05
Safe to say these next few days are going to be murder on the nerves :-P

Best of luck, everyone!

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 29 Jun 2015
Posts: 238

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

Location: Singapore
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2017, 19:31
One more day...All the best to everyone :thumbup: :thumbup:

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 7

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4855

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 02:28
Rohit6 wrote:
One more day...All the best to everyone :thumbup: :thumbup:


All the best! Looks like you already have an admit from ISB. :)
_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jul 2016
Posts: 48

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Location: Brazil
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 02:52
Hello guys,

I need some advice.
I received an email from Tepper saying that my transcripts did not show the grading scale of my university and that I need to show it to the admission's office. However, my university does not show the grading scale because it is usual, in Brazil, to use the zero to ten scale. What should I do? There are no papers in my university that shows the grading scales.

Thanks

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 03:13
BrunoP wrote:
Hello guys,

I need some advice.
I received an email from Tepper saying that my transcripts did not show the grading scale of my university and that I need to show it to the admission's office. However, my university does not show the grading scale because it is usual, in Brazil, to use the zero to ten scale. What should I do? There are no papers in my university that shows the grading scales.

Thanks


Hey Bruno, that happened to me as well. I have studied at Brazil, just like you. I sent them the minimum criteria necessary to be approved and they accepted it.




Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jul 2016
Posts: 48

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Location: Brazil
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 670 Q43 V39
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 03:24
Cide wrote:
BrunoP wrote:
Hello guys,

I need some advice.
I received an email from Tepper saying that my transcripts did not show the grading scale of my university and that I need to show it to the admission's office. However, my university does not show the grading scale because it is usual, in Brazil, to use the zero to ten scale. What should I do? There are no papers in my university that shows the grading scales.

Thanks


Hey Bruno, that happened to me as well. I have studied at Brazil, just like you. I sent them the minimum criteria necessary to be approved and they accepted it.




Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Hi Cide, thanks for your reply.

You just sent the number in an email or a document showing this number? My concern is that they are only accepting documents at this point of my application and I don't have any document to prove the minimum criteria of my university.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 19

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 03:37
BrunoP wrote:
Cide wrote:
BrunoP wrote:
Hello guys,

I need some advice.
I received an email from Tepper saying that my transcripts did not show the grading scale of my university and that I need to show it to the admission's office. However, my university does not show the grading scale because it is usual, in Brazil, to use the zero to ten scale. What should I do? There are no papers in my university that shows the grading scales.

Thanks


Hey Bruno, that happened to me as well. I have studied at Brazil, just like you. I sent them the minimum criteria necessary to be approved and they accepted it.




Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Hi Cide, thanks for your reply.

You just sent the number in an email or a document showing this number? My concern is that they are only accepting documents at this point of my application and I don't have any document to prove the minimum criteria of my university.


Now I understand your point. I had that on my transcript.
Anyway, I think you could e-mail the adcom explaining the criteria and that it will take a few days to have a document showing it.

Best of luck!


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 182

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 07:56
Narenn wrote:
Rohit6 wrote:
One more day...All the best to everyone :thumbup: :thumbup:


All the best! Looks like you already have an admit from ISB. :)



Narenn.
With your experience, does CMU Tepper have any precedence of calling out admits ahead of the decision deadline?

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2017
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 08:46
For what it's worth, I did get an early decision once I explained my situation. They won't release official decisions or scholarship information until the 15th, though.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 4855

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 08:55
hiren2011 wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Rohit6 wrote:
One more day...All the best to everyone :thumbup: :thumbup:


All the best! Looks like you already have an admit from ISB. :)



Narenn.
With your experience, does CMU Tepper have any precedence of calling out admits ahead of the decision deadline?


No. For both class of 2017 and 2018 they called on decision day.
_________________

100+ Interview Debriefs from GMAT Club members

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3864 [0], given: 2465

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 1

Location: United States (PA)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 12:51
1
This post received
KUDOS
BrunoP wrote:
Hello guys,

I need some advice.
I received an email from Tepper saying that my transcripts did not show the grading scale of my university and that I need to show it to the admission's office. However, my university does not show the grading scale because it is usual, in Brazil, to use the zero to ten scale. What should I do? There are no papers in my university that shows the grading scales.

Thanks



Hi BrunoP,

I studied in Eastern Europe and my transcript did not show the grading scale either. During my campus visit, I brought this up to the admissions officer and was advised that the grading scale did not need to come from the university. So I just looked up online the grading scale for my country and submitted that as a part of my application. I did not have any issues, though, I did graduate from the American university so maybe they did not care about my foreign transcript as much. I would suggest looking up the grading scale online and sending it to the admissions office asking whether that would be sufficient. I am sure they will help you out with advice if they are looking for something different.

Kudos [?]: 13 [1], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 182

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 13:02
Narenn wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:


Narenn.
With your experience, does CMU Tepper have any precedence of calling out admits ahead of the decision deadline?


No. For both class of 2017 and 2018 they called on decision day.



Thanks Narenn.

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Jan 2017
Posts: 182

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Location: Canada
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2017, 13:05
smittywerben wrote:
For what it's worth, I did get an early decision once I explained my situation. They won't release official decisions or scholarship information until the 15th, though.



I understand that they may have loosened up a bit for the circumstances you have.
For just a day or two, in absence of any urgency (except if I consider our collective anxiety, one :)), I can wait.
I believe I have a great chance. Just yesterday, a contact at the AdCom told me something that can be interpreted as a positive sign, but can't say for sure. So, was wondering.
But hey, tomorrow.. whatever the decision will be, we will know (well, you already do).

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2017, 13:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20    Next  [ 387 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.