Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 23:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 16:25
Hi Everyone,

Can somebody please tell me what is the conversion rate from interview to admit? I interviewed today and I think it went very well, and I feel quite positive. Problem is I have another deposit deadline coming up on March 6th from another school, and McCombs will not get back until March 28th! I will certainly prefer McCombs.

Any thoughts/advice is/are appreciated.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3
Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2019, 21:03
gmatenthureturns wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Can somebody please tell me what is the conversion rate from interview to admit? I interviewed today and I think it went very well, and I feel quite positive. Problem is I have another deposit deadline coming up on March 6th from another school, and McCombs will not get back until March 28th! I will certainly prefer McCombs.

Any thoughts/advice is/are appreciated.

Thank you.

From what i can see on poets&quants, the acceptance rate in 2017 was 28%.

https://poetsandquants.com/2018/02/19/a ... rograms/3/

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.8
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 00:12
I meant to ask from interview to admit conversion rate, 28% is conversion from application to admit.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2019, 00:20
gmatenthureturns wrote:
I meant to ask from interview to admit conversion rate, 28% is conversion from application to admit.

That would be a tough one to find.... U can try the decision tracker but that is far fron accurate as well.... Many people report admit but miss out interview invite status

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2019, 08:56
kunal_raizada wrote:
gmatenthureturns wrote:

That would be a tough one to find.... U can try the decision tracker but that is far fron accurate as well.... Many people report admit but miss out interview invite status

There is another thread on GMAT club i will link below, but depending on a number of topics, it looks to be aprox. 51-55%, so a little better than a coin flip. To be fair though, this post was from number crunched in 2016, and did exactly what was mentioned above (went off of numbers just posted to GMAT club), so the numbers might be a little bit skewed.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/chances-of-g ... 30246.html
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2019, 12:57
How is everyone's financial planning going on btw? Any insight from admitted students into where/how to take loans? And what is the average loan amount that people take?

I will have to take a loan for everything apart from around 20000/25000 USD that I have saved. This probably means a loan of around 150000-200000 USD. Is this a lot from what others have in plan/really stupid to take considering the risk/impossible to get this kind of amount?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 00:45
Since nothing else is being discussed, let me digress a bit -

1. Do you guys know what is the criteria for awarding scholarships in McCombs? Esp for international students

2. How is the eco - system in McCombs for pursuing career in consulting? Esp in MBB

3. If any current or previous international student can shed some light on how they managed their finances - how much loan they took, how much time they took to repay it, any stipend opportunities within the school?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 2.24

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 08:25
Hello everyone,

Is there anyone else who is yet to receive an interview invite or a reject for Round 2 application?
Rice (Jones) School Moderator
G
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GPA: 3.36
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2019, 08:53
jabba I think they are still rolling out interview invites. The decision deadline is March 28th so I want to believe there is still a lot of time left to get an interview invite. Best wishes!

jabba wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there anyone else who is yet to receive an interview invite or a reject for Round 2 application?
Intern
Intern
B
Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2019, 14:57
jabba - have you heard anything additional on your R2 app? I'm in the same situation...beginning to get pretty anxious

jabba wrote:
Hello everyone,

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:49
Anyone who's paid more attention to historical data than I have think it's at all possible we could hear back re: R2 admits before 3/28?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:51
lit2biz wrote:
Anyone who's paid more attention to historical data than I have think it's at all possible we could hear back re: R2 admits before 3/28?

They do it on decision day--not before
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:52
lit2biz Unfortunately, we won't hear anything until the admission decision deadline. I asked during the interview and that is what I was told. They will start making admission calls early on 03/28. Best wishes!

lit2biz wrote:
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V38
GPA: 3.43
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 09:55
funsogu wrote:
lit2biz Unfortunately, we won't hear anything until the admission decision deadline. I asked during the interview and that is what I was told. They will start making admission calls early on 03/28. Best wishes!

lit2biz wrote:

Good to know, thanks! I hadn't thought to ask during my interview... 3/28 didn't seem so far away then. ;)
G
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2019, 10:01
Yes, 3/28 is very close, and it is also my birth date :), but the wait has been nerve wracking. Hoping for a good birthday gift.

Cheers!

lit2biz wrote:
[/quote]
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2019, 13:51
anulfc wrote:
How is everyone's financial planning going on btw? Any insight from admitted students into where/how to take loans? And what is the average loan amount that people take?

I will have to take a loan for everything apart from around 20000/25000 USD that I have saved. This probably means a loan of around 150000-200000 USD. Is this a lot from what others have in plan/really stupid to take considering the risk/impossible to get this kind of amount?

This is a topic I’m interested in. My understanding is you’re capped at the schools reported cost of attendance (tuition + living) for federal/private student loans — so $75-80k per year, less financial aid. I don’t know if it’s possible to get additional loan funding elsewhere. I definitely do not believe you can live in Austin off the $18k of living expenses designated by the school, and I find it hard to believe (most) people have $60-80k of cash saved up to live relatively comfortably.

You definitely need to consider your exit career to decide whether or not it’s worth it or feasible to begin repaying those types of loans on your new salary.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2019, 14:21
But isn't that the norm? I mean most students take that kind of a loan only and then are able to pay it off right? Obviously not getting a job post-MBA is a different scenario altogether.

cheeeese wrote:
anulfc wrote:

This is a topic I’m interested in. My understanding is you’re capped at the schools reported cost of attendance (tuition + living) for federal/private student loans — so $75-80k per year, less financial aid. I don’t know if it’s possible to get additional loan funding elsewhere. I definitely do not believe you can live in Austin off the $18k of living expenses designated by the school, and I find it hard to believe (most) people have $60-80k of cash saved up to live relatively comfortably.

You definitely need to consider your exit career to decide whether or not it’s worth it or feasible to begin repaying those types of loans on your new salary.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2019, 12:19
anulfc wrote:
But isn't that the norm? I mean most students take that kind of a loan only and then are able to pay it off right? Obviously not getting a job post-MBA is a different scenario altogether.

I wouldn't want to come out making $80k with $2k/mo in loan payments. Just me.

Part of my point is that you can't burden yourself with 200k of debt. Double checked the numbers and an in state student is capped at $68k of debt each year + other fees you can include - financial aid. Also in my prior post I am curious how most students get by given the caps and you can't receive funding for your expected personal budget.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: McCombs '21 (S)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 19:32
Anyone left for interviews in R2?
I haven't heard anything yet.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 05:23
Yes, 200k is quite a lot. I was just curious about what the average loan amount is for an MBA student, especially international ones. The risk factor there is higher considering the work visa issues right now.

Are you saying 80k as the income keeping in mind post deduction? Even then it is on the lower side no? Isn't the average around 120-130k excluding signing bonus? And regarding loan providers, one can take it from multiple sources, right? Prodigy Finance seems to be a famous choice for most people even though their interest rates are higher.

cheeeese wrote:
anulfc wrote:

I wouldn't want to come out making $80k with $2k/mo in loan payments. Just me.

Part of my point is that you can't burden yourself with 200k of debt. Double checked the numbers and an in state student is capped at $68k of debt each year + other fees you can include - financial aid. Also in my prior post I am curious how most students get by given the caps and you can't receive funding for your expected personal budget.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021   [#permalink] 12 Mar 2019, 05:23

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 256 posts ] 

Calling McCombs (UT Austin) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake)Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status