GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 09 Apr 2020, 19:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Sep 2019
Posts: 14
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 06:29
2
1
Just had my interview yesterday. This is what they asked me:

walk me through resume
Why Tepper
Why mba now
Goal after graduation
Plan B
Time you helped someone on a project wit’s a skill you’re good at
Time you were less successful as a leader
Time you reached out to learn a culture better
How’d you learn your role at your company
What do you do for fun?
Any questions?

Hope that helps

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jan 2019
Posts: 17
Location: Viet Nam
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.83
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 13:04
1
s1lntz wrote:
ved09 wrote:
When can we expect the next wave of interview invites? If any?


Bump!

Anyone receive any information?


Just received my invite some minutes ago. Submitted my application just before the deadline, application marked complete on Jan 23 if that’ll help.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3211
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 18:33
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 3211
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2020, 18:35
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 May 2017
Posts: 32
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.57
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 01:51
A new Tepper Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/tepper-205/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1225
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Oct 2018
Posts: 18
Schools: Darden '22 (S)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 11:56
Tanveer1 wrote:
Interview tomorrow morning, any last minute tips from those with experience ? I appreciate the help from jayantk94 previously

Posted from my mobile device


How did it go?
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Posts: 71
Location: Canada
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 14:37
Rony26 wrote:
Tanveer1 wrote:
Interview tomorrow morning, any last minute tips from those with experience ? I appreciate the help from jayantk94 previously

Posted from my mobile device


How did it go?


I understand you may be asking the person whether the interview went well as opposed to asking what questions were asked, etc.
But just in case you may have missed, this person posted a debrief:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/tepper-205/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1219
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jul 2019
Posts: 11
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 02:57
A new Tepper Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/tepper-205/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1228
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Sep 2019
Posts: 14
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2020, 06:43
It was very relaxed. Went to the office and the receptionist made me feel very welcome. 5 other candidates were there. It lasted exactly 30 minutes. I think some of my examples were kind of weak and I might have rambled a bit but we’ll see on March 4!
s1lntz wrote:
Rony26 wrote:
Tanveer1 wrote:
Interview tomorrow morning, any last minute tips from those with experience ? I appreciate the help from jayantk94 previously

Posted from my mobile device


How did it go?


I understand you may be asking the person whether the interview went well as opposed to asking what questions were asked, etc.
But just in case you may have missed, this person posted a debrief:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/tepper-205/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1219
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 24
Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2020, 22:55
Hi,

I submitted my application on Jan 4th and the verification was completed on Jan 8th. My portal says the application is under review however, we are nearing the decision date and I haven't heard back about an interview. Do you think there is still a chance? Also, does Tepper waitlist you without an interview?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Jun 2017
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 04:15
Hi,

Has anyone got any update on the R1 waitlist status? Any idea when the final decision would be released?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 07 Jul 2018
Posts: 31
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q45 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2020, 11:05
1
Shravs wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone got any update on the R1 waitlist status? Any idea when the final decision would be released?


It's March 4th for all decisions.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
~
SH
221B, Baker Street

~
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Jan 2015
Posts: 115
Location: Oman
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2020, 01:12
Is it advisable for an Indian Applicant with a GMAT score of 710 to apply to Tepper in R3?
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Posts: 71
Location: Canada
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2020, 10:56
eishmehta wrote:
Hi,

I submitted my application on Jan 4th and the verification was completed on Jan 8th. My portal says the application is under review however, we are nearing the decision date and I haven't heard back about an interview. Do you think there is still a chance? Also, does Tepper waitlist you without an interview?


Same with me. Submitted on Jan 4 and verification was done couple ot days later. I'm also concerned that we are nearing the decision notification date and I haven't heard anything yet. Tepper does waitlist without interview.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jun 2016
Posts: 71
Location: United States (MA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 2.4
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2020, 13:00
Alok322 wrote:
Is it advisable for an Indian Applicant with a GMAT score of 710 to apply to Tepper in R3?


710 is above the Tepper mean score so you should go for it! With solid work experience and some ECs you have a shot, R3 is for sure tougher and some schools actually tell you that international applicants must apply in R1 or R2 to give enough time to obtain a Visa. I would check with Tepper if it's possibly for an international in R3 and all that information should be available online. Best of luck and if b-schools don't work out this year you can always try next fall and have great applications prepared for R1!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 24
Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2020, 22:53
Tepper's website states that:
"Quite literally, if you are not invited to interview initially, you may receive an invitation any time prior to the decision notification date. The Admissions Committee (AdCom) puts no value on the timing of when you were invited to interview — it doesn’t matter if you were the first person to interview or the last person to receive an invitation. At the end of the day, AdCom is interested in knowing how well the interview went."

Have there been any recent interview invites sent? Will Tepper send them this late?
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 27 Jul 2015
Posts: 71
Location: Canada
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2020, 15:07
eishmehta wrote:
Tepper's website states that:
"Quite literally, if you are not invited to interview initially, you may receive an invitation any time prior to the decision notification date. The Admissions Committee (AdCom) puts no value on the timing of when you were invited to interview — it doesn’t matter if you were the first person to interview or the last person to receive an invitation. At the end of the day, AdCom is interested in knowing how well the interview went."

Have there been any recent interview invites sent? Will Tepper send them this late?


Based on data from R1 and the previous year, I don't believe any invites were reported this late into a round. Personally, I'm no longer hopeful but you never know I guess.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 14 Aug 2018
Posts: 19
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 14:28
A new Tepper Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/tepper-205/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1246
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 11 Feb 2018
Posts: 347
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 22:55
Hi Tepper applicants,

I got a mail from a 1st year asking me to get in touch with him if I had any doubts regarding the club/course etc. Now this is after the interview and this has not happened with any other school I have applied to. Does it mean anything.? Can any admits/waitlists/denials from earlier rounds comment on this..? My first thought was it must be a good sign. But it could equally mean I am about to be waitlisted..

Any thoughts anybody..?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Apr 2019
Posts: 117
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 23:05
1
redskull1 wrote:
Hi Tepper applicants,

I got a mail from a 1st year asking me to get in touch with him if I had any doubts regarding the club/course etc. Now this is after the interview and this has not happened with any other school I have applied to. Does it mean anything.? Can any admits/waitlists/denials from earlier rounds comment on this..? My first thought was it must be a good sign. But it could equally mean I am about to be waitlisted..

Any thoughts anybody..?


I got the same mail a while back. Decided not to read to much into this.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2020, 23:05

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15    Next  [ 297 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: abhimahna, u1983, chanjaso






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne